Humans suck

Young Wolf

Strikes me as a pointless topic, really, except for those who want to show off how compassionate they are.

Nothing about this is out of the ordinary, it is happening, right now, someplace, and will be for any moment you care to think about it.

This guy isn't even exceptionally cruel or ignorant.

2917.11 Disorderly conduct.

(A) No person shall recklessly cause inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm to another by doing any of the following:

(1) Engaging in fighting, in threatening harm to persons or property, or in violent or turbulent behavior;

(2) Making unreasonable noise or an offensively coarse utterance, gesture, or display or communicating unwarranted and grossly abusive language to any person;

(3) Insulting, taunting, or challenging another, under circumstances in which that conduct is likely to provoke a violent response;

I guess we're all going to jail.

The name of the thread is Humans Suck. The example depicts a human who sucks, therefore it's OK for us to say he sucks. Why are people splitting hairs about the level/quality of suckiness? He sucks, plain and simple. No defense is warranted or merited.

Strikes me as a pointless topic, really, except for those who want to show off how compassionate they are.

Nothing about this is out of the ordinary, it is happening, right now, someplace, and will be for any moment you care to think about it.

Strikes me as a pointless comment, really, except for those who want to show off how fucking stupid they are.

This guy isn't even exceptionally caring or intelligent.

This person is true scum; he reaches a level beyond just sucking as a human.

The girl and her family live next door to this man and have endured his behavior for two years. (To even think of the girl having to suffer his taunts for two years is sickening.) So let's say he's convicted and serves jail time. He gets out eventually, and.....moves back into his house, right next door to the girl. If the man has some level of sanity, the girl and her family need to seek a TRO and then a permanent injunction against such further conduct. If he is not sane, though, a TRO and injunction will do nothing but encourage him and possibly spur him to worse behavior.

It's an awful situation.

This guy is the platonic ideal of an asshole.

he ain't man enough to be an asshole...he's a punk who gets his jollies terrorizing kids...for that alone he should have the shit beat out of him. As for his continuing intimidation and mental abuse of this child for 2 yrs he should be not jailed for 30 days (a useless waste of time and tax money) but permanently crippled so he can savor the affections of people like himself...

as solodgin stated clearly early on (paraphrased, I hope you don't mind solo), I guess this is why assholes like me should not be able to hand out punishments...but man it would feel so good... :smoking:

Right now, as I type this, virtually every crime is being committed somewhere. No doubt there is a rape, or a murder, some persecution/terrorizing happening. By your "logic," there is no point in talking about any of it. Women are subjugated in Saudi Arabia, so it's useless to discuss sexism in the US. Pre-teen boys are being raised as soldiers somewhere, so forget discussing child abuse in Britain. What relativist bullshit is this?

This guy is exceptionally cruel and ignorant. Probably 99% of people don't do this kind of crap. This piece of walking, talking, defecating trash is absolutely a special case.

2917.11 Disorderly conduct.

(A) No person shall recklessly cause inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm to another by doing any of the following:

(1) Engaging in fighting, in threatening harm to persons or property, or in violent or turbulent behavior;

(2) Making unreasonable noise or an offensively coarse utterance, gesture, or display or communicating unwarranted and grossly abusive language to any person;

(3) Insulting, taunting, or challenging another, under circumstances in which that conduct is likely to provoke a violent response;

I guess we're all going to jail.

Except that in (3) the insults or taunts have to be made "under circumstances in which that conduct is likely to provoke a violent response." Search me as to how to even prove that those circumstances exist, but it's certainly a limiting factor. I think if they were to find this guy guilty it would be under (2) "making... an offensively coarse ... display."

Not sure whether that makes you feel better or worse about the issue, though.

The name of the thread is Humans Suck. The example depicts a human who sucks, therefore it's OK for us to say he sucks. Why are people splitting hairs about the level/quality of suckiness? He sucks, plain and simple. No defense is warranted or merited.

Yeah, I think people are just looking for something to argue about. And hell, if *I'm* saying that you know there's nothing here. ;-)

Except that in (3) the insults or taunts have to be made "under circumstances in which that conduct is likely to provoke a violent response." Search me as to how to even prove that those circumstances exist, but it's certainly a limiting factor. I think if they were to find this guy guilty it would be under (2) "making... an offensively coarse ... display."

Not sure whether that makes you feel better or worse about the issue, though.

My understanding from talking to people involved in law enforcement is that it's almost entirely subjective. Basically, if you're being a big enough asshat, they can cite you. Someone with personal experience might have a more in-depth take on it.

There was a man - drunk, on drugs, mentally ill, not sure - bothering kids walking past him at the mall the other day and security was called. Not grabbing them, but talking to them and one little kid was really scared. Not grounds for arrest, but certainly for being asked to leave. People have a difference tolerance for random harassment of children than of adults, I think, and the case Dub cited describes far from random behaviour.

As far as humans being awful, yeah, a lot of us are a lot of the time. Sometimes we're lucky enough to have one person unexpectedly make up for the rest of them. I like that part.

Strikes me as a pointless comment, really, except for those who want to show off how fucking stupid they are.

This guy isn't even exceptionally caring or intelligent.

Nice, asshat.

Good job on patting yourself on the back tho.

I didn't say I was ok with the guy acting like this, I'm just baffled that you all seem to be so upset by it. We have countless topics about this stuff, and, like clockwork, we have the same concerned outraged people being shitheads to others, in those topics, but this one, because it made the papers, is a huge deal?

It happens constantly, people are cruel daily, everywhere, to others. Fuck, most of you live to be able to get a stinging comment off, or to humiliate people in topics here, but, hey, "they deserved it!".

Go do something to offset the cruelty, if you are so much more empathetic than I. Stand up for some kid being bullied, call an asshole out for mocking the fat girl, do something nice for some random fucking person, but don't grab the moral high ground because you posted "oh that horrible man!".

There is a whole lot of random cruelty in the world and on the Internet as well. I would hope that we would at least try to be kind to each other here.

Maybe that's too much to hope for. :(

Didn't you read the topic? Humans suck !!! In a lot of cases, cyber humans REALLY suck... :ohwell:

Go do something to offset the cruelty, if you are so much more empathetic than I. Stand up for some kid being bullied, call an asshole out for mocking the fat girl, do something nice for some random fucking person, but don't grab the moral high ground because you posted "oh that horrible man!".

How do you know the people in this thread don't already do that? Or are you just looking for a place to prove that you are sooooo socially aware and also an Internet tough guy?

I know who looks like an asshat here and it ain't YDub

N

Archived