Goodreads, You Should Join Too.

Myrddin

The other thread is closed, so let's get another one started. I'll try to keep this first post updated with Goodreads links.

If you want to join the darkside us, please be sure to identify yourself as from westeros (preferably with your alias here) in your friend request. Also, add a note to your Goodreads profile to link you here, for old fogies like me who will forget the link a year from now.

Group:

Westeros

Myrddin (aka Stuart)

jdiddyesquire

Grack21

Datepalm

ambyr

Nathan

kcf

gear

beniowa

Emery

williamjm

Liadin

Clevtrev

LacyinTX

Mack Kilimaro

halO bendeR

Inigma

Wormwood

PaulineMRoss

CaligulaK

Mark Lawrence (author of Prince of Thorns)

Markus K

Starkess

Galactus

Lexicon Devil

lockesnow

WrathofTinyKittens

sologdin

Max the Mostly Mediocre

Palimpsest

Guinevere Seaworth

Kuroishi

popegrizzly23

Vrana

Contrarius

hadaad

Rhaegar's Son

Noros

jagilki

The faceless other

moot

Katja J

SkynJay

Jon Sprunk

Caladan

Isabella Stark

The Laughing Hound

Just a peasant

Chise

Alytha

siemprepe

LuisDantas

Darth Vader's Bastard

Yana

PepeLePew

Quick Tidal

(Will continue to update from the first thread, currently through page 14)

When I sent the request, it didn't give me a place to write a message (although I've seen other people do so) - what's the secret?

I just look at people's mutual friends. If we have the same 15 Westeros friends, I know where they're from.

When I sent the request, it didn't give me a place to write a message (although I've seen other people do so) - what's the secret?

I just look at people's mutual friends. If we have the same 15 Westeros friends, I know where they're from.

After you click on the "Add As A Friend" link on the user's profile it should come up with a screen saying:

Please only add people who you are genuinely interested in being friends with!

We will ask ... to confirm you as a friend before the connection is made.

add a message (optional) »

Now, I'm a bit lazy. Didn't join goodreads until November, and then I speed-rated 20 books (which seems to have disappeared).

Haven't added anything until today - and I doubt I'll be "back-rating" much in the near future - so my list contains one read book and two currently reading..

That said, if anyone wants to see which book that was, I'm here

Gotcha, deedles (and your little doggie, too). I found it ironic that right after posting on here to say could people ID themselves in friend requests I then noticed I had two new unidentified friend requests. I wasn't sure if that was someone's idea of a joke - it's the kind of thing I would do myself and find hilarious. ;)

Gotcha, deedles (and your little doggie, too). I found it ironic that right after posting on here to say could people ID themselves in friend requests I then noticed I had two new unidentified friend requests. I wasn't sure if that was someone's idea of a joke - it's the kind of thing I would do myself and find hilarious. ;)

If one of those is mine, I sent it before I read this thread. :)

I've updated the list through page 14 in the old thread and found a group called Westeros. Looks like there hasn't been any activity in a while.

Message the moderators for entry.

ETA: Note: Reading Wizard's First Rule is a requirement to join.

I'll also mention again Myrddin's excellent suggestion that you list your screen name in your profile, because otherwise it's very difficult (pretty much impossible in most cases) to keep straight who is who.

Hey, I have a bunch of non-nerd friends there! (Not that I'm, you know... ashamed... of you).

Archived