Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Spoilers within)

Rhom

I'm not getting my hopes up because everything (to me) that's watchable is on cable.... But I hope ABC proves me wrong. Beyond that, I'd like to see Bobbi Morse, and/or Jessica Drew make an appearance... and maybe have a scene where a young, African American NYPD officer loses her arm :)

Yep, sounds like she'll have bit roles here and there through the first season and probably become a regular after How I Met Your Mother wraps.

I was kind of hoping J. August Richards would be a main cast member, but sounds like he's just a one-off for the pilot episode.

Another tidbit from Comic Con is that Ron Glass (aka Shepherd Book from Firefly) will have what sounds like a recurring role as the team doctor.

Yep, sounds like she'll have bit roles here and there through the first season and probably become a regular after How I Met Your Mother wraps.

Just nice to see, as networks aren't all that serene with sharing actors these days...

• 5 weeks later...

New

featuring Agent Hill (aka Robin).

"The battle for New York was the end of the world. This is the new world."

Looks good. They're obviously playing off of the Avengers movie...yet there is little to no indication that this is a world where a god of thunder walks the Earth, a man flys about in a suit of the most sophisticated armor ever built or that a living legend of WWII is out there having been found after being frozen in ice for 70 years...

Then again, they may be down playing the idea of super powers in the promos to not turn off the average viewer too soon...

Looks good. They're obviously playing off of the Avengers movie...yet there is little to no indication that this is a world where a god of thunder walks the Earth, a man flys about in a suit of the most sophisticated armor ever built or that a living legend of WWII is out there having been found after being frozen in ice for 70 years...

Then again, they may be down playing the idea of super powers in the promos to not turn off the average viewer too soon...

Well. I guess the whole trailer is about them being heroes without being super. Not sure why they'd play down the super powers overall though as that's why the films do so well.

Looking at the cast I'm wondering how many episodes it will take to fall in love with them and whether they'll all make it to the end of season 1?

Well. I guess the whole trailer is about them being heroes without being super. Not sure why they'd play down the super powers overall though as that's why the films do so well.

I was mainly refering to that particular trailer that is out. If you're showing that during the soaps on daytime television to attract more viewers (okay, maybe not then), you're not going to show flying people and such. Powers were downplayed in that trailer. Guess that's what I meant to say.

I was mainly refering to that particular trailer that is out. If you're showing that during the soaps on daytime television to attract more viewers (okay, maybe not then), you're not going to show flying people and such. Powers were downplayed in that trailer. Guess that's what I meant to say.

That makes sense along with your reasoning for why they'd downplay it to get that demographic giving it a go. Given how much Avengers made though if everyone who went to see that film at the cinema tuned in they'd be fine. I guess they don't all own Nielsen boxes though.

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda cool, but I didn't like the comic book lameness of bringing a character back from the dead, and this won't be a Joss Whedon show. He'll do the first episode then go back to his movie career. He'll have creative input, which is to say it won't be his show. Also other than bringing in occasional guest stars, this show looks really disconnected from the Marvel universe. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but at the very least I don't see Robert Downey Jr guest starring with his Iron Man suit.

I'm happy to see Joss so successful as he's put the work in and deserves it. But damn it, Fox still fucked things up as he was really best suited to do five seasons of Firefly. Not that I'm complaining about The Avengers, that was a cool flick.

Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jeffrey Bell are the showrunners.

That's a shame - I did think Whedon was maybe in charge of overall story etc but apparently not. Then again many of Whedon's co-workers have gone on to be fine show runners by themselves

But damn it, Fox still fucked things up as he was really best suited to do five seasons of Firefly. Not that I'm complaining about The Avengers, that was a cool flick.

Let's not forget the Inara gang-rape nonsense Joss apparently wanted in Firefly Season 2.

And to be honest Avengers was pretty mediocre as a film, so I'm willing to see if the other showrunners can make AoS work.

Kinda cool, but I didn't like the comic book lameness of bringing a character back from the dead, and this won't be a Joss Whedon show. He'll do the first episode then go back to his movie career. He'll have creative input, which is to say it won't be his show. Also other than bringing in occasional guest stars, this show looks really disconnected from the Marvel universe. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but at the very least I don't see Robert Downey Jr guest starring with his Iron Man suit.

I'm happy to see Joss so successful as he's put the work in and deserves it. But damn it, Fox still fucked things up as he was really best suited to do five seasons of Firefly. Not that I'm complaining about The Avengers, that was a cool flick.

This assessment only works if the company isn't serious about using the show as a possible platform for future movie endeavors/characters.

How quickly the show comes out of the gate and how well it does is vital. Securing good writing that makes sense and is strong well be very important. I'd like to think the movie stars would come and play on the television show in character for an episode or three, here or there, but the show has got to click and stay strong and give someone like RDJ a reason to come play on television for a brief moment.

Archived