I hate Targs and love Martells. Do you have conflicted feelings?

Oh yeah, as far as my own conflicted feelings go....ya know in this series its hard not to like even at least one guy who's on "the other team" ya know. I generally dislike House Lannister but love Jaime. On the flip side, I'm a huge Stannis fan but also acknowledge a lot of the people working for him are assholes (though I find many of them, namely Axell Florent, highly entertaining). I don't like the Ironborn in general but Asha is one of my favorite characters and Ive kind of taken a liking to Victarion as well...that's what so great about this series imo.

Meh... I wish that was true. But Doran even says "Fire and Blood". I hope he will turn the cloak and take the throne for himself, but that's wishful thinking. Rhoynar avenge your ancestors with valyrian blood! Yay! *

You do realize that Dorne was 150+ years free of Targaryen rule, you realize that in RR, Dorne didn't fully supported Targaryens, that Doran's plans are more about avenging Elia and her children, then returning Targaryens to the throne. Doran is well aware that he can't beat Lannister/Tyrell alliance alone. His line had nothing with love for Targaryens...

You do realize that Dorne was 150+ years free of Targaryen rule, you realize that in RR, Dorne didn't fully supported Targaryens, that Doran's plans are more about avenging Elia and her children, then returning Targaryens to the throne. Doran is well aware that he can't beat Lannister/Tyrell alliance alone. His line had nothing with love for Targaryens...

Maybe you're right. Though I always thought Dorne did all they could for Targs in RR. Didn't they?

Anyway, I don't see how Martells will play against Targs now. Maybe for fAegon against Dany, but I dislike the both of them equally.

Maybe you're right. Though I always thought Dorne did all they could for Targs in RR. Didn't they?

Anyway, I don't see how Martells will play against Targs now. Maybe for fAegon against Dany, but I dislike the both of them equally.

No, Martells sent only 10 000 men to the Battle at Trident... That's not full support, and they only did that because Aerys reminded Prince Lewyn that he had Elia as hostage...

I find it interesting that in the north we have Wymen Manderly plotting to restore a Stark and in the south we have Doran Martell plotting to restore a Targ. Both send envoys Davis for the north and Quentyn for the Martells to find the rightful heir to a seat..or throne. Both Wymen and Doran are considered by others to be craven, too fat or too feeble to actually play the game of thrones. I love the Starks and I dislike house Lannister but I sometimes find myself rooting for Tyrion..go figure and for one brief moment I actually did feel bad for Kevan Lannister.

Doran is great. I love how he built his power throughout the series while everyone else was spending theirs. He didn't have a very good hand to start with (as he acknowledges the 50.000 spears to be vastly overestimated) but will be a big player in the endgame. He is patient, but it's not like he doesn't hate that he has to be. I really root for the guy.

Hate Lannisters but LOVE Kevan, Genna, Cersei, Jamie and Tyrion...

Love Targs but I'm iffy about Dany (she's been useless for the past couple of books), Rhaegar and the Bloodraven.

Love Starks but hate Brandon-- he sounds completely un-Stark...

Love the Tullys but HATE Edmure-- also useless.

Ned effect in full effect

I agree. Some people look at Ned and see him as the end all be all of how Starks are supposed to be when this is not the case.

If Brandon is not Stark like, what does that mean for Lyanna?

It seems like people look at honorable to a fault Ned not taking account that he was also fostered by Jon "As High As Honor" Arryn.

Not everyone is willing to marry the women that they sleep with. Not even Starks, we see that in the case of Brandon Snow who was a bastard brother of a Stark King.

Dorne always seemed like an interesting place, since it seems more permissive, and I love the geography of the region too. While I find the Targ house interesting I don't really like its surviving members, same with the Martells (except Oberyn, that guy is awesome).

I don't get the Targ hate on this board so because why mad man kills 2 starks the whole family should be damned my word. I like both families though and since dorne wasn't conquered makes me respect them even more in the new world book it seem they are also the ones that are responsible for rhaenys and her dragons death too. Those dornish i swear they crazy

I can't root for the Lannisters but at the same time, I like many of them (Jaime, Tommen, Myrcella, Genna and sometimes Tyrion). I don't like Cersei as a person, but I love her chapters. With Tywin and Joffrey dead, they're harder to hate. I don't want them to retain the IT, but if losing it means Tommen dies, I'll be sad. That kid claws the deeply suppressed maternal side out of me.

I love the Tyrells and Stannis so ACOK can be a bit awkward.

I like Mance and didn't want war with him and the NW.

I hate the Greyjoys but like Asha a lot.

I agree. Some people look at Ned and see him as the end all be all of how Starks are supposed to be when this is not the case.

If Brandon is not Stark like, what does that mean for Lyanna?

It seems like people look at honorable to a fault Ned not taking account that he was also fostered by Jon "As High As Honor" Arryn.

Not everyone is willing to marry the women that they sleep with. Not even Starks, we see that in the case of Brandon Snow who was a bastard brother of a Stark King.

Meh. For me, its just the guy sounded like a total douchehammer void of common sense. He was probably very Stark, but doesnt stop Brandon from sounding like a moron.

Archived