What Are You Listening To? Version X: Loud and Proud

Alex.

Anyone else excited for the new Arcade Fire co-produced by LCD Soundsystem's guy in about 10 days?

Yes, I am. I discovered Arcade Fire because of this board - and I really like it.

What .... the heck. A great track. :thumbsup:

Just picked up the new Deltron 3030 album, and I gotta say, I wasn't let down. I had big expectations after the original 3030 (which has been one of my favorite albums since I bought it in 2001) and the new album pretty much lived up to the hype.

On a side note, I saw Del live in 2002 or 2004, at Lupo's in Providence, RI and it was one of the worst shows I've been to. Sat through almost 4 hours of bad opening acts and when Del finally came on he basically just freestyled for 45 minutes and left. But according to a friend who saw him on the new Deltron tour in Boston recently, he's gotten much, much better. Kinda bummed I didn't go.

I also see people mentioning Radiohead, so I'll go ahead and mention the best show I've ever been to. Radiohead at Suffolk Downs in Boston, MA back in August of 2001. It was general admission so we got to the venue at 8 AM to get a good spot, and ended up being about 5 rows back. Fucking AWESOME show!!! Saw them again in 2008 (or maybe 2006?) at Greatwoods, aka Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA and it wasn't as good, but that could've been because I was on the lawn. Go see them if you get a chance!

Anyone else excited for the new Arcade Fire co-produced by LCD Soundsystem's guy in about 10 days?

YES

"Reflektor" was damn solid and while double albums usually tend to have a fair bit of filler, I'm hoping they can pull it off and make a 100% awesome album.

Listening to: Vektor - "Tetratructural Minds"

What's your opinion on the new single by Lady Gaga called "Aura"?

I like it, it has a strange and addicting tune.

I liked it; the "Machete" lyric video probably helped :P, but I also liked Applause and the new one with R. Kelly. I'm actually looking forward to her album.

They're all really catchy, yeah. I remember first listening to Applause and thinking "meh, that's it?"; that one listen was enough to get it stuck in my head for a week. Then I just had to give in and listen to it again. It gets kinda weird, because this always happens to me with her songs. Sometimes I think her albums are made by mad scientists rather than musicians.

ETA: I feel bad for not leaving a song link so here's some 90's gold:

TLC - Creep

I never really got into this song until recently, even though I've been listening to TLC since they released Fanmail. I think it was because of the silky pajamas in the video and the sax/trumpet(?). But I've been on a 90's r&b nostalgia wave lately and I really dig it now.

I liked it; the "Machete" lyric video probably helped :P, but I also liked Applause and the new one with R. Kelly. I'm actually looking forward to her album.

They're all really catchy, yeah. I remember first listening to Applause and thinking "meh, that's it?"; that one listen was enough to get it stuck in my head for a week. Then I just had to give in and listen to it again. It gets kinda weird, because this always happens to me with her songs. Sometimes I think her albums are made by mad scientists rather than musicians.

ETA: I feel bad for not leaving a song link so here's some 90's gold:

TLC - Creep

I never really got into this song until recently, even though I've been listening to TLC since they released Fanmail. I think it was because of the silky pajamas in the video and the sax/trumpet(?). But I've been on a 90's r&b nostalgia wave lately and I really dig it now.

Nice. I don't really like some of her older songs, but I love the new image she is about to get from ArtPop.

I've typed this exact phrase a bunch of times today, but thanks to an Amazon sale I've been listening to Warren Zevon since yesterday, for the first time, and enjoying it quite a bit. This is a bit concerning to me, since nearly everyone I've ever known who liked Warren Zevon had capital-I issues.

Title track:

(edit: hence the title/av combo, yes.)

Archived