The Expanse optioned for Television Series

Brandon Stark

I've seen him in 10,000 B.C. (but have zero memory of that movie), City Island, and Magic City, and he definitely played older. I was surprised at how young he is when I just looked. I was also a little surprised that I didn't recognize him at all when I watched City Island a few weeks ago - completely different from the character he played on Magic City. I'm excited about this casting.

Who was he on Magic City?

I didn't imagine Holden to be that young. And other than 10,000 BC, I don't think I've seen him anywhere else.

You know, I always laughed at people on GOT forums that complain about casting and freak out about how this character or that does not match how they imagined the character, but...

HE LOOKS WAY TOO YOUNG!!!!

:laugh:

I imagined Holden to be 40ish. With some weariness..This is definitely not what I imagined...

Fwiw, Holden is very early 30s in Leviathan Wakes. Left home about 18, about7 years in the navy and 5 on the Canterbury.

Also: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140205183410/bookclub/images/e/ea/Steven_Strait_2_by_Mattaylor.jpg

No, no, no. He is way too young and you cannot possibly convince me otherwise!!!

(I also believe that Detective Miller is black, but for some reason I am quite happy with Thomas Jane casting).

I think he does, yeah.

(Hell, I've told GRRM he pronounces Brienne wrong. :P)

As for Holden, I always saw him as thirtyish, yeah. Strait looks good for the role. Though many photos make her look younger, Shohreh Aghdashloo is 62, which is not wildly out of where Avasarala should be. Certainly old enough to be a grandmother. So that's three pretty great casting decisions, for me.

I think he does, yeah.

(Hell, I've told GRRM he pronounces Brienne wrong. :P)

As for Holden, I always saw him as thirtyish, yeah. Strait looks good for the role. Though many photos make her look younger, Shohreh Aghdashloo is 62, which is not wildly out of where Avasarala should be. Certainly old enough to be a grandmother. So that's three pretty great casting decisions, for me.

When I first looked it up I thought "wtf, she is way too young", but then checked her age so yeah. That combined with everyone involved saying she was their dream casting for the role has me pretty sold and happy to wait and see. My only concern is that she won't have the old Indian lady accent that I had in my head which was part of making the role awesome :p

Ha Ha :rofl: , YOU do realizes who you are arguing about the character with don't you?

I already told 5 people that Daniel Abraham publicly smacked me down. It's my greatest geek moment.

Well, the actor does look like a teenager... :leaving:

i'm sure they can add some space muck to his face to age him up. Main thing is whether he has the charisma. I actually think that while both actors weren't my own personal headfit, I think together they appear to work excellently. The difference between the two leads is very similar to the books in my opinion.

Can't wait to see Avasarala on screen. I guess she can be involved in the events of book 1 relatively easily.

i'm sure they can add some space muck to his face to age him up. Main thing is whether he has the charisma. I actually think that while both actors weren't my own personal headfit, I think together they appear to work excellently. The difference between the two leads is very similar to the books in my opinion.

Can't wait to see Avasarala on screen. I guess she can be involved in the events of book 1 relatively easily.

I'm thinking they want to show a bit of Earth, too, in the first season, to better connect the non-reader audience to the universe.

Archived