The Walking Dead: Season 4 - No Comic Spoilers!

Thales

One thing about this show that still hasn't changed is that keep killing these nobody redshirts and expect us to give a shit. At least kirkman had the balls to kill major characters with real personality and character. There's zero tension when Zack keeps killing the filler and the A team always makes it. Unless it's a stupid death like Andrea who is handled much better in the comics. ..

Tell that to Merle, Andrea, Lori, Dale, T-Dogg and Shane.

Does anybody think that the kid dying after shaking hands with Daryl seem like more than coincidence? Daryl made a big deal of licking his hand clean before shaking the kid's hand. if there's some kind of sickness spreading Daryl might either be a carrier or immune.

Great observation.

Does anybody think that the kid dying after shaking hands with Daryl seem like more than coincidence? Daryl made a big deal of licking his hand clean before shaking the kid's hand. if there's some kind of sickness spreading Daryl might either be a carrier or immune.

umm, what about the pig? :ack:

Apparently, 16 million people watched this episode! Crazy!

The Walking Dead continues to be the #1 show on all of television among the coveted 18-49 demographic. 2013/14 season to date, last night’s premiere ranks as the #1 telecast in adults 18-49, outperforming all programs including primetime NFL football. With time-shifted playback, last night’s premiere should exceed 20 million viewers.

Wow,it even beat primetime NFL football ! Crazy ratings. :stunned:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/14/the-walking-dead-season-4-premiere-is-highest-rated-episode-ever-with-16-1-million-viewers-10-4-million-adults-18-49/208857/

Not only did it beat primetime football it beat Redskins-Cowboys primetime football. THat is huge

Good catch. I'm hoping it is an infection rather than spontaneous zombiefication. It could make for an interesting threat as this is a large group of people living together without much medication and shared water - you'd expect outbreaks to occur.

I thought it was a solid season opener. I liked how Rick was on guard the whole time and was hoping he was wrong rather than being surprised when she did attack. I think they need to have a better barrier than they currently have and there should be an adult telling those kids off for shouting at the perimeter fence.

The new guy was a bit of a redshirt but the fact they connected him to one of the regulars added a bit of weight. There was as much chance that they'd kill the marine medic (except for the fact he's a Wire alumni)

Agreed. Red-shirt Zach was all for Beth's development. And it worked.

That being said, i think the "I dont cry" rule would change for Maggie, Hershal, or Judith.

They need to keep an eye on her. Wasn't she the one who tried to kill herself way back? I get her not bothering to get too attached to new people though.

Also - I LOVED the 'infection' story line in this episode but I do hope it is infection rather than random zombieness as someone said above. It was definitely my fave part of the episode... that and Daryl of course.

I didn't recognise Octavia at all...although I guess the out of place accent should of alerted me.

I liked that Rick took his lunch with him after she killed herself.

Other than that a solid enough start to the series. I think this show contrasts nicely to the TV version of AGOT - it is loosely based on the comics but prepared to strike out on its own whereas I feel AGOT is very much a visual interpretation of the books rather than something that simply draws inspiration from them ala TWD.

No wonder Andrew Lincoln was hoping that Kerry Conden stuck around.

If she was in "Rome," then she definitely brings a different pedigree to the show. I like that actors make good decisions and choose to have a small part in a good show, rather than the lead in a bad one.

Also had to share the following for laughs:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5b/5d/c7/5b5dc7df45c1609e3701c95793946782.jpg

Archived