The Walking Dead: Season 4 - No Comic Spoilers!

Thales

Did anyone see something weird in Beth and Darryl's hug? It seemed a little too one sided and she held on a little too long. This topic came up on TD and is something that might come up again. Is it possible that Beth has totally freaked out and is the one feeding rats to the zombies? Hmm.

Did anyone see something weird in Beth and Darryl's hug? It seemed a little too one sided and she held on a little too long. This topic came up on TD and is something that might come up again. Is it possible that Beth has totally freaked out and is the one feeding rats to the zombies? Hmm.

I was that stupid little girl who was talking about how the zombies are still peoples. I want her to get devoured.

Well if there's any show that gets 'mass appeal' right, it's this one. For me, it comes down to this:

How many people want to see a show that is thought provoking, detail-ridden, slower moving, beautifully shot, acted, and directed? Probably not a ridiculous amount of people, largely because of the detail-ridden, slow-moving aspects of the show (obviously I'm referring to The Wire here).

How many people want to see an apocalyptic drama with fast-paced plot, solid acting, interesting characters and good production value? Far more than the other show, that's for sure. It has something that appeals to everyone, whether that be zombies, strong female characters, Daryl 'the BAMF' Dixon, or whatever else people are into.

So for what it is and what it sets out to do, it's a good show. Will it make you sit and think, or maybe want to re watch to pick up anything you might've missed? Not a chance. But it is entertaining as hell, and it is tough for non-network shows to do that these days.

As for the whole 'hipster' phenomenon, I remember when Breaking Bad was the de facto hipster reference (I caught up during season 3's airing). Today it is universally accepted in the main stream, and hated by hipsters. My friend who suggested it to me absolutely loved it back then. He hates it now. Hipster much?

Ok it was very decent start of the season.

girls...Beth,Carol...you are cool. Beth and no crying was some pretty strong stuff coming from a girl who was introduced as someone ready to kill herself. And Carol teaching children to survive...so logical...she did loose her daughter after all.

Daryl :)

hates

Rick still having some issues,not wanting to use a gun,getting all mushy for the lady in the woods. I mean Beth didn't shed a single tear for her boyfriend and Rick almost breaks for crazy lady who feeds her zombie hubby? Rick,sugar I really love you but cmon!!

undecided

Lady in the woods. I thought she was half zombie at the beginning. then I was sure she had zombie hubby keeping other zombies away.like Mich did...then I was sure it wasn't the hubby it was a baby...I mean it was all sorts of creepy. And her wanting to be a zombie...crazy Made me wonder what came first zombie or husband. Was it her husband that got turned or it was someone who helped her survive who got turned,she kept a part of him as a keep sake and in the meantime she started seeing this zombie repellant as something protecting her as a husband would so she started calling him/it that....

Disappointed about

Not seeing our first zombie hipster.The kid with the glasses who got sick was wearing them and for a sec I thought we're gonna see zombie with glasses...alas.

Ok it was very decent start of the season.

girls...Beth,Carol...you are cool. Beth and no crying was some pretty strong stuff coming from a girl who was introduced as someone ready to kill herself. And Carol teaching children to survive...so logical...she did loose her daughter after all.

Daryl :)

hates

Rick still having some issues,not wanting to use a gun,getting all mushy for the lady in the woods. I mean Beth didn't shed a single tear for her boyfriend and Rick almost breaks for crazy lady who feeds her zombie hubby? Rick,sugar I really love you but cmon!!

undecided

Lady in the woods. I thought she was half zombie at the beginning. then I was sure she had zombie hubby keeping other zombies away.like Mich did...then I was sure it wasn't the hubby it was a baby...I mean it was all sorts of creepy. And her wanting to be a zombie...crazy Made me wonder what came first zombie or husband. Was it her husband that got turned or it was someone who helped her survive who got turned,she kept a part of him as a keep sake and in the meantime she started seeing this zombie repellant as something protecting her as a husband would so she started calling him/it that....

Disappointed about

Not seeing our first zombie hipster.The kid with the glasses who got sick was wearing them and for a sec I thought we're gonna see zombie with glasses...alas.

I agree on everything you have said here. Beth stuck out for me this episode. As you said - for someone who was introduced as a girl wanting to end her life she has really hardened up.

Daryl is well... just Daryl. HELLOOO Mr. Dixon.

I love and hate the lady in the woods. I thought it was an interesting scene, she creeped me the hell out but yeah, I really wasn't sure on the whole husband thing? She was very unhinged.

Rick. RICK! Dammit. Now, I will admit - he is not my favourite character, I actually don't care much for him at all but I DO want to like him. He is a very strong character but I am sick of his crying and moaning. He has done the reverse of Beth. Started out super strong and is just caving. Yeah - it's realistic - that could well happen, he's been through a hella lot since he woke up in the hospital but I much, much MUCH prefer him as a strong leader. He's seriously just making me eye-roll now.

Sigh.

ZOMBIE HIPSTER. Oh my days. YES! That would have been fantastic but nopes. Why do they ruin such possible amazingness?

Rick. RICK! Dammit. Now, I will admit - he is not my favourite character, I actually don't care much for him at all but I DO want to like him. He is a very strong character but I am sick of his crying and moaning. He has done the reverse of Beth. Started out super strong and is just caving. Yeah - it's realistic - that could well happen, he's been through a hella lot since he woke up in the hospital but I much, much MUCH prefer him as a strong leader. He's seriously just making me eye-roll now.

Sigh.

ZOMBIE HIPSTER. Oh my days. YES! That would have been fantastic but nopes. Why do they ruin such possible amazingness?

Rick was my favorite character for a while. Now he's just character I used to know...I mean I understand they are trying to show how he's still human etc and I am all against Shane's view on the world but if they keep on showing only how he's still vulnerable and affected by things around him and show little or next to nothing of his strong moments he ends up looking weak more than troubled. All is in balance ppl and I see no balance here!

I'll still continue to hope for zombie with the glasses..."You wouldn't hit a zombie who wears glasses,now would you?" :lol:

Pretty sure Darly is the cause of the virus. Remember, he licked his fingers before shaking that kids hand, then threw his leftover food in the pig pen, where Rick found the dead animal. Both must have died from an awesome overload... Okay, maybe not. I'm not much of a fan of the show, truth be told, but I do think Daryl is a great character and I really think Norman Reedus is perfect in the role. Pretty much the only thing keeping me watching, at this point.

In re-watching it tonight, I noticed the first fence zombie in the opening with the "blood tears," and blood around his nose and mouth, noting that Patrick looked similarly when he turned.

There was definitely a lot of focus on the bug-eyed zombie. It's hard to tell whether it's because it's important or because they wanted to give the guy in make-up his moment? I'm pretty sure this show let's people play zombies for fun.

That's a pretty big step to go from, "she hugged Daryl too long" to "she must be the one trying to sabotage and get everyone killed!"

I'm guessing if its not a crazy person inside its one of those kids feeding the "people" because they're so hungry.

The woman had been driven crazy not just by the world out there but truly lost it when her significant other died. It was like looking into a mirror for him and seeing where he almost ended up and being not just horrified and sad for her but horrified and sad at how close he was to completely losing it. I mean, he and Hershel all but spelled out the symbolism when he got back to the prison.

So, has the show forgotten that Hershel is a vet? Couldn't he have checked the pig out?

I also mentioned this in one of the WD forums (hard to keep track of which one). It did bug me as they could have had a line of dialogue saying "Herschel says there's nothing he can do for it" and someone else pointed out it was even more strange when they had a scene with Herschel telling Rick how to grow crops. Maybe his vet skills were in his amputated leg?

The woman had been driven crazy not just by the world out there but truly lost it when her significant other died. It was like looking into a mirror for him and seeing where he almost ended up and being not just horrified and sad for her but horrified and sad at how close he was to completely losing it. I mean, he and Hershel all but spelled out the symbolism when he got back to the prison.

It was a bit heavy handed that final scene. Like a "and for those of you too stupid to pick up today's lesson" segment at the end of a kid's cartoon.

I also mentioned this in one of the WD forums (hard to keep track of which one). It did bug me as they could have had a line of dialogue saying "Herschel says there's nothing he can do for it" and someone else pointed out it was even more strange when they had a scene with Herschel telling Rick how to grow crops. Maybe his vet skills were in his amputated leg?

It was a bit heavy handed that final scene. Like a "and for those of you too stupid to pick up today's lesson" segment at the end of a kid's cartoon.

I thought Rick mentioned something about "Hershel said" when talking to Carl about the pig but I might be mistaken.

And yeah, the heavy-handedness of that scene is exactly why I'm surprised people haven't gotten the whole point of Creepy Clara.

Archived