True Blood final season - fangs for the memories

Arataniello

Ahhhh I missed Bill :) I can't wait to see him again :) I don't mind Sook... I kind of dislike Eric in general and I like Jess of course. Never understood the Eric appeal...and Alcide growls...I kind of space out when he's on screen,he might as well be on mute or talk in spanish...I don't think I would notice :leer: :drool:

• 1 month later...

With the exception of the long awaited appearance of Sookie's breasts, this was a terrible episode. It just seems that they have completely run out of ideas.

I'm not really a fan of this show anymore, I watch it because my wife still loves it, but that seems a silly criticism. They were clearly setting up the season storylines in this episode.

Hey, it was True Blood. By this point if you're expecting anything else, you haven't been paying attention these last 6 years. :)

The premiere was kind of underwhelming, in spite of the massacre. Yes it's setting up everything, but it was missing something. I agree that Tara is probably still alive, though I wonder how her mom missed that fact.

The one human paired with one vampire is all kinds of messed up though. I can see the logic, but I can't see the majority of the population going through with it. It's a bit extreme.

Pam standing in a bucket playing Russian Moroccan Roulette with the No Fucks Given expression = worth the price of admission.

From a soap opera aspect of the show:

Seeing Jess' boyfriend take Lafayette home, I'm assuming that their future relationship is why the original actor turned down this season. I feel sorry for Alcide, though. I just know that at some point this season Sookie is going back to Bill.

I was kinda underwhelmed, :(

I had hopes, but I think probably the best bits of the season were put into the trailer.

I miss the original James, this new guy doesn't have the same warmth.

Hey, it was True Blood. By this point if you're expecting anything else, you haven't been paying attention these last 6 years. :)

L.

Seriously this was exactly what I've come to expect from True Blood. No worse than any of the last 4 seasons of the show :lol:

Tara could have glamoured her mom I guess. No way she died or Pam would have felt it.

I agree that Tara is probably still alive, though I wonder how her mom missed that fact.

Probably as simple as her eyes being closed. She opened them to find herself covered in vampire goo and no Tara, so she assumed Tara died.

I can't seem to stop myself from watching this train wreck...

I recall reading an interview with the showrunner a couple of weeks ago saying that this season was "getting back to basics" and that this season would include more Bill/Sookie love stuff, more flashbacks to Bill pre-vampire, and another love interest for Arlene.

Which are, unfortunately, all things I couldn't care less about at this point.

Tara could have glamoured her mom I guess. No way she died or Pam would have felt it.

Two very good points.

While watching it, I accepted her death, seeing that it's the last season. It was only afterwards that I questioned it.

Speaking of deaths this last season: Anybody want to make predictions?

My thought as it happened was that Tara and the sick vamp were fighting too fast to keep up with, pop goes the sick vamp and Tara runs off to chase after one of the captured people, leaving mama covered in vampire goo but no indication of which vampire. It's hard to believe she's really dead, as you usually see a main character die on screen on television these days.

As far as death count, here's my guess:

Holly

Andy

James & Violet (I guess they count as main characters now?)

Lafayette

Pam

Alcide

Jason

Pam and LaFayette are the only characters I care about anymore. Everyone else can die. Andy can live too maybe.

If they did a spin off that was just Pam and Lala I'd watch the shit out of it.

Pam and LaFayette are the only characters I care about anymore. Everyone else can die. Andy can live too maybe.

As long as Ms. Ruby Jean can pop on now and then, I'm on board.

Lafayette is easily the best character. I read the books and he died in the first one and was REALLY glad they kept him around, I would have stopped watching years ago otherwise. Pam, I'm kinda 'meh' about, but I do like her quips.

Archived