American Horror Story: Freak Show - Send in the Clowns!

Sci-2

Last season was probably the absolute weakest. It was clear the writers were completely winging it and I can't even really remember how it ended or who the Supreme ended up being.

Y'know, I can't remember either! That just shows how unmemorable the whole thing was. OTOH, the previous two seasons, although being a little uneven, I LOVED.

Y'know, I can't remember either! That just shows how unmemorable the whole thing was. OTOH, the previous two seasons, although being a little uneven, I LOVED.

I'm pretty sure it was the blind daughter...who I think ended up not blind by the end?

I just hope Taissa Farmiga is in S4. There's something about her beauty that is captivating on an ethereal level...

I wanted to totally give up on this show after season 3, which I stopped watching halfway through out of utter boredom, but the Freak Show premise has me a little inrigued. Clowns are still one of my greatest fears.

The benefit of the show being an anthology of season long stories is we can give the new season a try regardless of how bad the last one was. I'll lay in wait to see what the consensus is here after several episodes before trying the show again though. Each season has been worse and while 1-2 were fun - I ditched 3 in disgust about half way through.

The benefit of the show being an anthology of season long stories is we can give the new season a try regardless of how bad the last one was. I'll lay in wait to see what the consensus is here after several episodes before trying the show again though. Each season has been worse and while 1-2 were fun - I ditched 3 in disgust about half way through.

I though S2 was better than S1 though part of that was the Antichrist nonsense thrown into S1. S3 could easily have been good or at least mediocre but instead it just crashed into terrible.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I though S2 was better than S1 though part of that was the Antichrist nonsense thrown into S1. S3 could easily have been good or at least mediocre but instead it just crashed into terrible.

They seem to go off the rails quicker each season. I thought it was only the final episode of S1 that lost me the rest was great in that it was largely the concept of a house where evil permeates and the dead don't die. S2 went pretty insane quickly but held my interest most of the way apart from the musical routine and the character who kept getting caught by creepy leatherface.

Hopefully this new season will at worst encourage me to rewatch "Carnivale". This will be the anti-carvival in terms of AHS doesn't know the meaning of subtle. This may make it fun though.

Intellectually, I know this is going to be terrible...

But I can't help being excited for it anyway.

From any kind of reasoned vantage point, AHS is terrible, but it is such a marvelous spectacle of the grotesque that I can't help but love it.

This one is just not doing it for me.

I like - the clown murderer. That guy is legitimately creepy.

I hate - Jessica Lange's terrible accent. I'm not sure I can listen to that all season. It's so forced.

I'm not sure what to think - of Sarah Paulson's two-headed character. The special effect is weird to watch. Sometimes it looks pretty good, sometimes it's distracting.

So bad it's good - Jessica Lange's bizarre rendition of Bowie's "Life On Mars."

Still, I will watch next week.

I liked this episode, but I think it could be a lot more scarier. Next episode looks more promising, though.

I just watched now, but for me the main problem in this episode was the pace. Maybe that's a good thing, since the 1st eps in AHS don't usually reflect the whole season. Asylum just got better and better and Coven was the opposite for me.

I like Twisty and I think he got what it takes to be scary. It just wasn't because of the direction of Monsters Among Us. It felt off and without an atmosphere of the 50's. But it was entertaining, which it's what AHS does best. And I'm hyped for Dot's rendition of Criminal...

Archived