U.S. Politics - Indiana is super awesome

TerraPrime

Since I have zero interest in fucking Indiana and news in general, I haven't been following this. Can somebody explain these two points to me :

A) Since one isn't supposed to cater to those who hurt his/her religion (or something) does this mean a Buddhist/ Sikh/Muslim/ Hindu isn't obliged to cater to bloody Christians or is it just for Mcjesusites ?

B ) Will Corporate overlords be now able to openly discriminate on basis of their employees religion ? What the heck, of course they will , but are these provisions also extended to say businesses that aren't Christians ? Say, a Hindu eatery going Terminator on a white Christian male , 'cause religious freedom !

Part of me wants to believe you're not actually deliberately being obtuse. A small part. But I don't actually believe that.

We are talking about a guy who managed to put Goat Herder and an Achmed reference into one post about Iran. Lets not give too much credit to this one.

The fact is (and while not technically African American I have mixed blood and am far from Caucasian) Blacks have had it worse in this country than anyone else. Even post slavery, jim crow, lynch mobs, open discrimination, leading to the self imposed ghetto lifestyle leading to the disproportionate amount of black men in jail and shot by police today.

Two words... Native Americans.

Once and Future King,

To clarify, I am pointing out that there have been many groups of people that have been mistreated in American history, to state that the abhorrent treatment of African Americans and the resultant Civil Rights movement while dismissing the LGBT movement is extremely unfair.

In US History here is a brief list of groups that were (or still) persecuted or mistreated:

-African Americans

-Asian Americans

-Native Americans (First Nations)

-non-Anglo Europeans

-Hispanics

-LGBT community

-Mormons

-Jews

-Catholics

-Quakers

-Muslims (also Sikhism due to confusion with Islam)

This thread nose-dived faster than germanwings

You long for 2016 gossip, admit it!

I guess O'Malley became the first Democrat to kinda, sorta challenge Clinton this year. I seriously cannot believe that Granholm on behalf of Clinton said he better "watch it."

Two words... Native Americans.

Yup. after the civil war, we took shermans principles and applied them in a program of systematic genocide that exterminated vast untold numbers of men women and children. Then, after this culling we invented concentration camps and displaced and transported the survivors to small enclosures in which the genocide could be ensured ti be completed and they could die more slowly under the watchful eye of government supervision. And that's just the recent stuff. The earlier atrocities were remarkably terrible too.

You long for 2016 gossip, admit it!

At this point I'll take it over #deathtoindiana

I guess O'Malley became the first Democrat to kinda, sorta challenge Clinton this year. I seriously cannot believe that Granholm on behalf of Clinton said he better "watch it."

Though I doubt it, I hope he mounts a real challenge. That comment by Granholm just demonstrates the arrogance of the entire Clinton machine, IMNSHO

We are talking about a guy who managed to put Goat Herder and an Achmed reference into one post about Iran. Lets not give too much credit to this one.

After the unironic "America Fuck Yeah"-ness of a few days ago complete with the "SEALs are too bad-ass to die" line of commentary, TOaFK has already established the depth of his silly and ignorant opinions. Now, with the commentary on sexual orientation and civil rights, he's trying to show off breadth.

In other Indiana news.... http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/indiana-has-now-charged-two-asian-american-women-feticide-n332761

A woman was sentenced to 26 years for feticide, also known as having a miscarriage and then seeking medical treatment. But due to the strict abortion laws in Indiana, she gets prison time; more prison time than rapists and child molesters.

the article qouted him in a speech about the civil rights act. The way I understood it he felt it should not apply to gays. I was trying (perhaps unsuccessfully) to rationalize that argument.

The fact is (and while not technically African American I have mixed blood and am far from Caucasian) Blacks have had it worse in this country than anyone else. Even post slavery, jim crow, lynch mobs, open discrimination, leading to the self imposed ghetto lifestyle leading to the disproportionate amount of black men in jail and shot by police today.

The civil rights act was made to target one specific major issue in out history and present political debate. While gays have had it bad in this country and I feel for their plight, saying they should be a protected group same as sons of former slaves is improper.

Also and I am not advising it is possible to hide being gay. Its harder to hide being a woman or being black. So while that should be a protected class by his logic, gay which is a behavior you can avoid in public and hide should not be

The CRA was about survival. Thats not what gays are fighting for.

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been articulated, but, I don't think you understand all that much about sexual orientation and the biology of it. Your opinion both comes across as ignorant and nonsensical.

I would imagine no ones complained.

I'm sure it's in one of those "Muslim no-go zones" that Commodore hears so much about on Fox, so it's not like decent, white, Christians who fear a non-swarthy God could even get to this business to be discriminated against, anyway.

Come on now, to be fair, do any of us expect that Commodore really reads the links he gets? Why would he when the e-mail header tells him all he needs to know, "LIBERALS AREN'T CRYING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE THEY LOVE TERRURISUM SEE HERE FOR PROOF!"

In other news, students at Liberty University were threatened with $10 fines if they didn't attend Ted Cruz's coming out of the Republican presidential candidate closet.

And more Indiana idiocy. They shut down the states rural Planned Parenthood clinics and now, surprise fucking surprise, there's an HIV epidemic. The clinic in question that was shut down didn't even offer abortion services? Psssh, who lets little things like facts get in the way of a good ole fashioned conservative witch hunt.

And yet more Indiana idiocy, as the first business to publicly come out as bigoted fuckstains has publicly come out in the open.

“If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,” says Crystal O'Connor of Memories Pizza.

The only question I have is in what world would a gay couple decide to have pizza for their wedding?

And yet more Indiana idiocy, as the first business to publicly come out as bigoted fuckstains has publicly come out in the open.

The only question I have is in what world would a gay couple decide to have pizza for their wedding?

The best part of this article:

“That lifestyle is something they choose. I choose to be heterosexual. They choose to be homosexual. Why should I be beat over the head to go along with something they choose?” says Kevin O'Connor.

Archived