403 replies to this topic

#1 Jaxom 1974

Jaxom 1974

Boy Meets World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Because a 9th Season means we'll actually need another thread...

So we've seen, not "met" the Mother, and it is the Mother...what is she going to be like...? And are her ankles really that sexy? She was wearing boots that Lily would want to borrow...

#2 Ser Scot A Ellison

Ser Scot A Ellison

My children's daddy and Social Justice Warrior!

• Members
  • 41,871 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I don't think Lily will like her. Too similar.

#3 Jaxom 1974

Jaxom 1974

Boy Meets World

• Members
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

She seems porch worthy on the basis of looks to me...

#4 Caryn Stark

Caryn Stark

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

Why did Barney and Robin still not get married? Lame. I thought she was cute, although the Ted character is super annoying, I didn't care. I just want to see Barney and Robin's dance number and then I'm good. If they do 24 episodes of the BarneyRobin Wedding Weekend I will /bang.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bang:' /> .

#5 Peasant Rebel Leader

Peasant Rebel Leader

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

We've not met the mother, that is clear. There's nothing to be gained from 'seeing' her, stop congratulating yourself, producers.

I really hope next season is more than the wedding weekend. I actually searched for the second part of the finale after having watched it. That may tell you all about how I felt about the episode. (It was okay, the jokes were funny again, giant plotholes like marshall's judgeship still exist, but it was okay).

Now, HIMYM does normally excell at having these very big romantic moments, from the blue horn to the 30 second date to now this ending montage coupled with the title of something new for everybody. But this time it was different. The moment was empty, because the punchline is missing. So, that girl's the mother. And...?

Well, I'm going to continue to watch the show, but it won't stop me from bitching about it /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#6 Madfunkymonkey

Madfunkymonkey

Council Member

• Banned
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Until Ted starts dating her, she isn't the mother. This show has pulled the rug out from the fans many times and I won't believe it until we have actual comformation.

#7 Jaxom 1974

Jaxom 1974

Boy Meets World

• Members
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

And...they ended up with a ninth season...

A lit of that stuff would have benefited from Ann ending, yes. But once the next session was announced, you can see that things were shifted.

While not perfect, this show has amazing internal consistency. I will give then the benefit of the doubt.

#8 Rhom

Rhom

Worships the space between topics

• Members
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

I've said before that I was pretty spotty in my watching up until the last couple of seasons, so somehow I missed Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit.

/rofl2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

I've missed entirely too much.

#9 Fiddler

Fiddler

Council Member

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Why did Barney and Robin still not get married? Lame. I thought she was cute, although the Ted character is super annoying, I didn't care. I just want to see Barney and Robin's dance number and then I'm good. If they do 24 episodes of the BarneyRobin Wedding Weekend I will /bang.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bang:' /> .

It was confirmed in my last entertainment weekly that the final season will indeed be 24 episodes over the course of the 2 day wedding weekend. 3 of the episodes will be flash backs though.

I am intrigued by this and am looking for to it.

#10 Eugene V. Debspalm

Eugene V. Debspalm

Barbarism and Decadence, Fuck Yeah.

• Board Moderators
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Really? 'cause then I want a cookie. I never call things like this! Go me!

#11 Leofric

Leofric

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

It was confirmed in my last entertainment weekly that the final season will indeed be 24 episodes over the course of the 2 day wedding weekend. 3 of the episodes will be flash backs though.

Isn't the whole series flashbacks to begin with /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.

Guess they'll save big on costumes and sets for the final season.

I guess it makes sense that since Ted remembers so much detail in the years leading up to meeting the mother, that he would remember every hour of the day when they actually met.

Edited by Leofric, 22 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#12 RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

Clone Club!

• Members
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

After giving up on watching this show week-to-week I watched the last ten episodes in an afternoon, and this news means I'll be watching the final season the same way. That sounds fucking terrible.

#13 Lightning Lord

Lightning Lord

Dangerously Cuddly

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

What network is 24 on - same one? Maybe they're doing a cross-over special? Terrorists seize control of Barney's wedding, wacky hi-jinks and/or deaths ensue?

#14 Caryn Stark

Caryn Stark

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

After giving up on watching this show week-to-week I watched the last ten episodes in an afternoon, and this news means I'll be watching the final season the same way. That sounds fucking terrible.

This sounds like a brilliant idea.

#15 Rhom

Rhom

• Members
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Wait... It all makes sense now... The news that Jack Bauer is coming back... HIMYM going "events happen in real time"... Next season will be the long awaited crossover event with 24!

#16 baxus

baxus

Council Member

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

What network is 24 on - same one? Maybe they're doing a cross-over special? Terrorists seize control of Barney's wedding, wacky hi-jinks and/or deaths ensue?

and ted winds up with a mother of all stockholme syndromes? (pun intended) /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#17 PetyrPunkinhead

PetyrPunkinhead

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Isn't the whole series flashbacks to begin with /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.

Well played!

#18 Eugene V. Debspalm

Eugene V. Debspalm

Barbarism and Decadence, Fuck Yeah.

• Board Moderators
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

I would totally watch the 24 crossover. In a heartbeat. Wouldn't everyone?

Whatever happened to crossovers anyway? I swear that used to be a thing.

Edited by Datepalm, 23 May 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#19 Rhom

Rhom

• Members
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

I would totally watch the 24 crossover. In a heartbeat. Wouldn't everyone?

Whatever happened to crossovers anyway? I swear that used to be a thing.

Of course it did! So much so that most of TV actually occurs in the mind of an autistic child.

NBC used to do it all the time with their shows. I'm embarassed to say that I even remember a Golden Girls/Empty Nest crossover with a hurricane.

#20 Jaxom 1974

Jaxom 1974

Boy Meets World

• Members
  • 23,582 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

It's an intriguing concept and will test the bonds of internal consistency that they've created. I'm going to be interested to see how it plays out...