Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

AndrewBaelish

He did? Given how hard they're building up the Kree in AoS, and Guardians, I figured this was more or less a given.

"Inhumans is something that we are definitely thinking about and we think there's great potential there for a great movie. But, no, no -- we have not linked those two."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avengers-Age-Ultron-Won-t-Have-Quicksilver-Scarlet-Witch-Inhumans-42079.html

"Inhumans is something that we are definitely thinking about and we think there's great potential there for a great movie. But, no, no -- we have not linked those two."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Avengers-Age-Ultron-Won-t-Have-Quicksilver-Scarlet-Witch-Inhumans-42079.html

If the comic versions become inhuman over the next 6 month you can guarantee it will be because this is their fate in the movie. It does look like those two are infinity gem related rather than kree/mist generated though.

IMO the only way to keep spiderman going in movies is to bring him into the Avengers fold, Sony should make this happen. And do it before the Avengers out stays its welcome in the movie biz.

Otherwise we're just faced with ever repeating reboots with diminishing returns.

IMO the only way to keep spiderman going in movies is to bring him into the Avengers fold, Sony should make this happen. And do it before the Avengers out stays its welcome in the movie biz.

Otherwise we're just faced with ever repeating reboots with diminishing returns.

The rumour I heard (maybe in this thread?) is that Sony are waiting to see how the Sinister Six movie does. If it flops, they'll strike up a deal with Marvel.

That certainly seems like the plan, but why couldn't they just pull a James Bond (i.e. just have it be the various continuing adventures of the character, don't mention anything when the actor changes, and maybe have a reboot in 45 years)?

It seems to me that would've made more sense than going the route they did. I understand that there's a limited number of well-known villains Sony has access to, but GotG shows that audiences can fully support minor characters if they done well enough.

Nick Fury, Falcon, and Rhodey will sit on the sidelines and wonder when a black hero will be allowed to save the day. (Joking aside, I hope Falcon and Warmachine get larger roles, not just stepping in for the sacrificial death to unite and motivate the team).

I think Warmachine bites the dust here, with the deed probably done by SW or QS while working for Ultron, which helps lead Stark into the Civil War storyline.

You think they'd kill off a character that has just been introduced? And that Jeremy Renner would be available for enough episodes of AoS to actually do something for the ratings in the long run?

I don't know, what else does Renner really do? Seems like he's got Mi5 and AoU in 2015, but outside of that seems like his schedule is free.

Of course it's not like "mutations" in comics bare any resemblance to natural mutation. There's not many good reasons for how we could fly (unless it were Angel style) or control magnetism etc.

I think Mormont's idea is more on the ball in that the mutations work best when used as metaphors for the characters. Unless your spider-man and then it's just a cool power combined with a good character. There's too many characters that are just "cool power"

Yeah, mutants in the comics seem to range from 'looks kinda funny' to 'can use reality altering magic'. Not sure they need to be metaphors for anything, but some kind of logical consistency to the character's powerset often helps, I think.

I don't know, what else does Renner really do? Seems like he's got Mi5 and AoU in 2015, but outside of that seems like his schedule is free.

Looking at his IMDB page, he doesn't seem to do more than 2-3 projects a year (unless he's doing a lot of theatre as well), and he will/is apparently filming another Bourne movie. I was mostly not wondering about him having the time, though, but that, while he might very well be the most affordable of the Avengers, he still could be a tad expensive for an extended run on the show.

Or they could make a good Spider-man film and not just churn them out constantly or try to create the marvel universe using spider-man alone?

I don't think they HAVE to at all but it's the easiest fix for them and as a Marvel fan I'd like to see him in the Avengers, Ideally. I'd like to see a Marvel style Avengers but I can't see it happening, BEst case scenario is that he guest stars in Avengers but I don't see any reason as to how that helps Marvel. Maybe Sony would cave and they'd let Marvel have the character as long as they get a cut of the money?

I think Renner would have to be fairly desperate to join the SHIELD cast. At least Sam Jackson has made it so that it doesn't look as if only b-listers do guest spots on the show though. I could see Renner maybe doing a netflix show though.

Is Renner the most likely candidate of the movie cat, excluding Smulders, who do the show? Jackson also doesn't count.

I think Renner would have to be fairly desperate to join the SHIELD cast. At least Sam Jackson has made it so that it doesn't look as if only b-listers do guest spots on the show though. I could see Renner maybe doing a netflix show though.

I don't think he'd join the cast, but his guest involvement would be more extensive than Jackson's - probably similar to what Jaimie Alexander did.

Hawkeye might also be useful to have in Cap 3 and the potential Black Widow movie. Vision just seems like an add on, but then again if they take things in an Avengers AI route and tie him to Hank Pym...

(The bone claws first appear after he loses his adamantium. But it's initially unclear whether he had them to start with: it's some time before we see retrospective appearances of the bone claws.)
Not true. They show up in the Weapon X miniseries. We first see the modern wolvie use them after he loses his adamantium, but we see very clearly an xray of his hand with the claws in them years before.

I quite like the idea of Quicksilver and Scarlet being Inhumans - and then they can be the leads of the rumoured Inhumans film. After all it seems a bit odd to introduce these new major characters and not even attempt to give them their own solo franchise. It ties in perfectly with Inhumans being replacement Mutants. But I'd heard Fiege had denied this was the case.

I'd be okay with Inhumans as well. What I don't want is for Wanda and Pietro to have received their abilities overnight. For things as arbitrary as speed and reality-altering, it sort of defies suspension of disbelief that these powers could've been selected for them. Experimentation and gradual evolution of said experimentation is the way to go.

Slightly off topic, but Marvel is teasing some pretty huge events, all happening at the same time, next summer. I'm expecting some type of comprehensive reboot/re-organization of the entire line, partly to align more with the movie-verse. I can see Wanda and Pietro either rebooted or retconned into Inhumans.

Slightly off topic, but Marvel is teasing some pretty huge events, all happening at the same time, next summer. I'm expecting some type of comprehensive reboot/re-organization of the entire line, partly to align more with the movie-verse. I can see Wanda and Pietro either rebooted or retconned into Inhumans.

Nah, I doubt that. It'd be too controversial with fans already annoyed by some of the shifting that's been done to align the 616 with the MCU. Besides, it's been noted at least once (in Young Avengers) that the MCU is an alternate reality.

Not true. They show up in the Weapon X miniseries. We first see the modern wolvie use them after he loses his adamantium, but we see very clearly an xray of his hand with the claws in them years before.

You may be right on that: this was in a period where I wasn't reading comics much. But the main point remains: the bone claws are a retcon, and a bad one.

You may be right on that: this was in a period where I wasn't reading comics much. But the main point remains: the bone claws are a retcon, and a bad one.

To be fair, it's hard to call much of what they do with Logan's past as retconning as they left his backstory wide open forever. For years and years he'd just make these veiled references to his past. Other than the Frank Miller limited series, his ties to Alpha Flight, and a nebulous connection to Sabretooth, there was nothing there but innuendo and rumor. It wasn't until the Barry Windsor-Smith Weapon X stuff that his origin was actually fleshed out.

Nah, I doubt that. It'd be too controversial with fans already annoyed by some of the shifting that's been done to align the 616 with the MCU. Besides, it's been noted at least once (in Young Avengers) that the MCU is an alternate reality.

I think people are going to be more upset with the entire line-wide implications than just SW and QS. Seems like a Crisis-like event is going to happen with MC, where the entire multiverse is going to collapse.

I think people are going to be more upset with the entire line-wide implications than just SW and QS. Seems like a Crisis-like event is going to happen with MC, where the entire multiverse is going to collapse.

They had the opportunity to do this with Age of Ultron's time travel alterations and they didn't.

Seems like Marvel is really resistant to pulling a DC type Crisis?

Archived