Angalin

Board Issues 4

1,257 posts in this topic

I'm unable to change my display name. There's no option to allow me to do so. Tried clearing cache but that didn't work

Has there been some change to the appearance of the board today? Or is it just my iPad being trippy?

Forum lay-out is looking really strange. Titles of threads are in a blue font, bullet points are no longer aligned the way they should, appearing on the left side of the posts, before they greyish box starts (and displayed for every single line, which they shouldn't)

Looks like the CSS got screwed up and had a bad cache stuck for a while.

I'm having problems lately with typing posts in the Safari browser on my iPhone. It freezes for several seconds during every word and may be linked to a slow auto-suggest. 

I don't get this problem on any other website on Safari, or on any other apps. 

So in light of this huge Cloudflare security flaw and the fact that I've seen Cloudflare error messages when this site is down I'm gonna go ahead and change my password. Is this something everyone should be doing? Maybe an announcement post should be pinned? 

My understanding is that the bug primarily affected sites that used their email obfuscation feature, which I don't believe we use. That said, I would certainly recommend changing passwords if your password on the forum is used in sensitive places (such as mail and social media accounts).

Edited by Ran

We've just received word from Cloudflare that no data from Westeros.org has appeared in search engine caches related to the bug, but that they are continuing to review and will notify us should they find anything

The site keeps logging me out every time I turn off my tablet/laptop and then it doesn't recognize my password no matter how many times I type it. So basically I have to go through the whole "lost password" process every time I sign in. Any help?

Is anyone else getting redirected to advertising sites when they log on with safari?  Anytime I'm not on wifi I'm being redirected.

45 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Is anyone else getting redirected to advertising sites when they log on with safari?  Anytime I'm not on wifi I'm being redirected.

Same! Though I'm using Chrome on my android.

6 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Same. Only on my phone, seems to be a thing with the mobile ads.

So these are all on iphones/ipads/Android phones and tablets?

Any particular ads cropping up or redirecting?