Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, NUMERO CINCO

I dreamed the Others took the ships sent to Hardhome and used them to travel south. They landed at the Vale and turned their armies into wights.

Oddly enough, one of my cheif theories is that the Others will land in the Vale. I just don't see the entire North being wiped out, and I'm eager to see House Royce play a part in the larger context of the story.

I'll say once more I despise Jorah Mormont, and I can't really explain why. Something about him not getting over Dany is very annoying I suppose.

I hate him with a passion too. But I think I know why.

First, I know this shouldn't count since medieval times blah blah, but I can't help thinking of him as a pedo. Dany's fourteen when he meets her FFS! (But, okay, that doesn't count) (but then people hold it against LF and, gross as he is, he's not as bad as Jorah)

Then there's the fact he's an honorless loser that will turn his cloak for a couple candies or a random hot enough Valyrian-looking chick.

Then there's the fact he had no right to kiss Dany, pedo or not. She's your queen, moron. Show some respect.

He also gives her horrible counsel. He's also a slaver, and in this case, being westerosi and hanging with Dany should be enough to realize that's fucked up even in the world he lives in, if only he was just sliiightly forward thinking.

He seriously has no reason to treat Tyrion the way he does at first. There are so many gruesome things going on we don't realize it, but seriously, the guy is an unarmed dwarf, do you have to chain him up in a way that doesn't allow him to lie down, you sadistic asshole? What's he ever done to you? Oh, nothing, he's just your hope to get back in Dany's good graces after you fucked up, and when there's a hot woman involved, it's okay, Jorah, other human beings are just objects.

Nah, fuck this guy, we got plenty reasons to hate him.

I did not realize Abel and the washerwomen were Mance and the spearwives until like way after I read that part. Afterwards when I realized I was like wow duh. How did I not catch that. This is my guilt ridden confession.

Glad I wasn't the only one  :drunk:

Please don't hate but I do secretly hope Tyrion is a secret Targ. :dunce:

Also, I've always hated the scene with Loras and Renly in Season 1 where Loras is shaving Renly. It seemed so awkward and weird like "HEY WE WANT YOU TO REALLY GET IT, THESE GUYS ARE GAY OK?" Just seemed a bit corny to me. As someone who is bisexual, I get annoyed with stereotypical portrayals like that. 

I dreamed the Others took the ships sent to Hardhome and used them to travel south. They landed at the Vale and turned their armies into wights.

I haven't dreamed this, but wonder if this very thing won't happen in Winds. They have the perfect opportunity to. I'm not sure how "wight magic" works over water though.

I haven't dreamed this, but wonder if this very thing won't happen in Winds. They have the perfect opportunity to. I'm not sure how "wight magic" works over water though.

"Dead things in the water." -Cotter Pyke

ETA: I have, incidentally, dreamed about that quote. It really sticks out to me as maybe the most haunting and unnerving line in the series.

When I first heard of Aegon and his sister-wives (on the show), I thought they were sisters that both wedded him as opposed to his sisters that also were his wives. I don't know why but I guess I understood it as "sister wives" and not "sister-wives", if that makes sense.

I hate him with a passion too. But I think I know why.

First, I know this shouldn't count since medieval times blah blah, but I can't help thinking of him as a pedo. Dany's fourteen when he meets her FFS! (But, okay, that doesn't count) (but then people hold it against LF and, gross as he is, he's not as bad as Jorah)

Then there's the fact he's an honorless loser that will turn his cloak for a couple candies or a random hot enough Valyrian-looking chick.

Then there's the fact he had no right to kiss Dany, pedo or not. She's your queen, moron. Show some respect.

He also gives her horrible counsel. He's also a slaver, and in this case, being westerosi and hanging with Dany should be enough to realize that's fucked up even in the world he lives in, if only he was just sliiightly forward thinking.

He seriously has no reason to treat Tyrion the way he does at first. There are so many gruesome things going on we don't realize it, but seriously, the guy is an unarmed dwarf, do you have to chain him up in a way that doesn't allow him to lie down, you sadistic asshole? What's he ever done to you? Oh, nothing, he's just your hope to get back in Dany's good graces after you fucked up, and when there's a hot woman involved, it's okay, Jorah, other human beings are just objects.

Nah, fuck this guy, we got plenty reasons to hate him.

100% agree.

Something about him, he just seems like a creep that would never give up his chase for Dany.

I find it really stupid that we do not read even one line from Ned (or Cat or Luwin or somebody else) warning Robb about Roose. If he was warned he wouldn't have trusted him with the army and all. How come you have that psycho as a vassal from a family that has the tradition to skin your family members alive who is waiting for the right moment to screw you and forgetting to remind your son to keep a wary eye on him after you're gone.

When trying to come up with things that would've made Quentyn's chapters more enjoyable for me, I started thinking that an Archibald Yronwood POV would've been great. He and Drink could've been the ASOIAF version of Lennie and George, and Quentyn would've been that loser who keeps his hand in a glove with Vaseline to please his wife but never gets any.

I find it really stupid that we do not read even one line from Ned (or Cat or Luwin or somebody else) warning Robb about Roose. If he was warned he wouldn't have trusted him with the army and all. How come you have that psycho as a vassal from a family that has the tradition to skin your family members alive who is waiting for the right moment to screw you and forgetting to remind your son to keep a wary eye on him after you're gone.

Heck Cat recommended him to take command of the Northern foot.  Too busy worrying about that untrustworthy Theon I guess.

There was no reason to distrust Roose Bolton, he always gave good advice, rules a paceful and quiet land, is never mention that he showed rebellious attitudes and he fought alongside Ned in every war, he is just a creepy dude (and no more "psycho" than the Umbers).

There was no reason to distrust Roose Bolton, he always gave good advice, rules a paceful and quiet land, is never mention that he showed rebellious attitudes and he fought alongside Ned in every war, he is just a creepy dude (and no more "psycho" than the Umbers).

I actually agree with this.

I think I've come around to the idea that Roose was a ret-con, albeit already halfway there in the first book. It's noted later that Ned never trusted him, so really, it doesn't make much sense that Catelyn would have recommended him, nor would Robb have listened to her. I think this instance is put in there as an early clue that Roose would betray later. But that doesn't take away from Cat's analysis of having Roose in charge of this part of one battle (not the whole army, as many people think) as probably better than Greatjon.

I agree with all three of you.

Wight magic or White Walker magic may not really come into play...don't forget the Drowned God and how he figures into this. That is his realm. Dead things in the water, indeed. 

But really I'm pretty sure Sansa is not in Robb's will. Robb did NOT like Tyrion at all and he would never let Tyrion have a chance at Winterfell. So QitN is out for her. Maybe Aegon can marry her?

Hot Pie is worth a thousand archers.  To win a war you need allies.  To win new alliances and strengthen existing ones a wise ruler holds feasts.  For a successful feast you need a chef who never gives up on the gravy.  After all, didn't Renly have the biggest army because he threw the best parties?

Janos:  I may have to hire this cook of yours.

Tyrion:  Wars have been started for less.

But really I'm pretty sure Sansa is not in Robb's will. Robb did NOT like Tyrion at all and he would never let Tyrion have a chance at Winterfell. So QitN is out for her. Maybe Aegon can marry her?

Bleh. I'd rather see him marry Arianne. She's more of a match for him, and she brings him Dorne. What does Sansa have to offer?

Nothing. The only way Aegon could possibly marry her is if 1) the High Septon annulled her marriage to Tyrion; 2) she married Harry the Heir and then HE dies (after Sweetrobin dies, of course); and 3) she would somehow inherit the Vale. I really doubt Harry the Heir is dumb enough to name her his heir, and if he is, the other Lords Declarant aren't that dumb. 

Aegon is declaring himself king. He needs arms and men. Arianne can give him that. Sansa can't.

Robb didn't understand that and it got him killed. Aegon has better advisers. 

When trying to come up with things that would've made Quentyn's chapters more enjoyable for me, I started thinking that an Archibald Yronwood POV would've been great. He and Drink could've been the ASOIAF version of Lennie and George, and Quentyn would've been that loser who keeps his hand in a glove with Vaseline to please his wife but never gets any.

Nah, Quentyn would be Lennie.
"Let me tend the Dragons, Arch."
Drink with his traditional handsomeness would be Curly with his glove of Vaseline.

Archived