The Dark Tower: Stringer Bell as Roland Deschain?

Mike

After reading about detta in book 2 for the last couple of days I really hope they rein in her dialogue. I know King acknowledges she's an offensive caricature within the actual story but it is hard to read (or in my case listen to). I think they can easily came her hate filled bile and venom without being so reliant on all the ethnic slurs. This would also easily get around the Roland is black issue too. She can just be horrible to him for different reasons.

She should be a great role for an actor to play though.

On 3/5/2016 at 9:33 AM, red snow said:
On 3/5/2016 at 8:41 AM, Let's Get Kraken said:

Reveal hidden contents

King writing himself into the story.

What I'm pretty stoked about is the fact that MM is going to be playing Flagg (supposedly) in The Stand movies as well. We might just have the makings of a shared universe.

On 3/5/2016 at 9:33 AM, red snow said:

Cool, I was just thinking it would be cool to have MM appear as the many versions of Flagg (they wouldn't even need to make that big a deal of it besides MM being consistent.

Would love to see a screen version of the Eyes of the Dragon with another incarnation of Flagg.

‘The Dark Tower’ Casts Newcomer as Jake Chambers

Relative newcomer Tom Taylor has been cast in the pivotal role of Jake Chambers in the ambitious adaptation of Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower.”

Variety reports the young actor, whose only credits are “Doctor Foster,” “The Last Kingdom” and “Legends,” scored the role after a worldwide search for the role of Roland Deschain’s protege.

Idris Elba will star as Roland Deschain, aka the Gunslinger, with Matthew McConaughey playing the villainous sorcerer the Man in Black. They’re joined by “Mad Max: Fury Road” actress Abbey Lee as Tirana.

On 12/03/2016 at 2:18 PM, Veltigar said:

He was really good as Young Uthred in that one episode of TLK, so I hope he'll bring that same quality to tDT. 

Yeah he actually felt like he could carry a show -almost a shame we only had him for the one episode.

Does anyone know if there's an active thread about the books in the lit thread? The ones I could find were all locked.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2016 at 6:37 PM, Martell Spy said:
On 4/17/2016 at 6:37 PM, Martell Spy said:

Well, it's now begun filming. It's real now and I'm truly shocked/delighted this day has come.

The Tick Reboot and Dark Tower Movie Cast Jackie Earle Haley

http://screenrant.com/the-tick-dark-tower-jackie-earle-haley/

I love that this is finally, actually happening.  It's been too long coming.

With Idris Elba involved, I might tentatively allow myself to be excited. 

Does anyone remember a Tirana from the first book? 

She's kind of a minor character and doesn't appear in the Gunslinger at all. It looks like they are adding the Low Men from Hearts in Atlantis and the later Dark Tower Novels. She may have a larger part in the movies, hard to say. It's kinda strange she was one of the first casting announcements. 

It looks the overall story is being reworked some, and the Low Men will be hunting Jake. Also, the prison from the last novel will be in this at least a little. I'm pretty happy with these developments actually, as I loved Hearts of Atlantis, and I thought the prison was the best part of the later books. So while the Gunslinger novel will form the core material of the movie, elements from these other two books will be in the film.

Wasnt there something about Katheryn Winnick getting a role or was that a false information ? 

It looks that way. There's multiple news stories about it, so it looks legit. Thanks for bringing it up, I somehow missed that news. Yet more great casting news. I'm a big fan of her from Vikings. I wonder who she is playing?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/27/dark-tower-katheryn-winnick

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2016 at 3:20 AM, Martini Sigil said:

Do we know what network this is going to be on?.... and when its supposed to premiere?

The cinema. The TV element of the project has been dropped altogether, so it's going to be movie due for release in January 2017 but I'll be shocked if it hits that date.

8 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The cinema. The TV element of the project has been dropped altogether, so it's going to be movie due for release in January 2017 but I'll be shocked if it hits that date.

I think they'd rather have that be delayed. I know February and March have been reclaimed as decent months for some releases, but isn't January still the month where movies go to die?

Archived