MLB, Spring has sprung.

Bonesy

On Saturday, April 09, 2016 at 0:32 AM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And I don't care who you want to throw out there,  BoSox-Yanks, Cards-Cubs, Mets-Braves, I don't give a fuck. This is still the greatest rivalry in baseball. 

Nope. Just on the west coast, as pointed out.

On Saturday, April 09, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Ramsay Blow said:

You west-coasters are silly.

Yup. Too damn many of them here abouts too...

On Saturday, April 09, 2016 at 6:30 AM, Bonesy said:

Giants/Dodgers been rolling since 1883, bud.

Point? Cubs/Cardinals nearly as long. It's a relative statistic. About as important as Win/Loss.  

22 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Listening to the Giants-Dodgers game on the radio. I know I say this every year, but damn I love baseball on the radio.

There are a lot of great television broadcasters out there, and other than Hawk Harrelson, who doesn't love their local guys? But even when the radio broadcasters are subpar, if you're cruising through an area of the country that isn't your spot, baseball on the radio can always make a road trip so much better...

Took my niece to the O's game, along with her mom, my mother, my fiancee, and her dad. She is two years old and she was terrified when the Oriole Bird came over to her seat. But she had a great time and we got to watch Manny Machado hit a homer. 

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Fixed that for ya!

I didn't pass out exactly, but I did take a 2 hour nap right after Panik hit his double. Could do so with a good conscience. I love the Dodger's bullpen. Can't believe they have still not managed to address that Achilles Heel. They've got Kenley Jensen and a clown car full of bums and choke artists in that pen.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

if you're cruising through an area of the country that isn't your spot, baseball on the radio can always make a road trip so much better...

This is so very true. I couldn't tell you how many hours I spent listening to local baseball coverage on road trips.

7 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I'd listen to the Yankees more on radio but John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman are terrible. 

They are the worst. Part of why I pay for MLB.tv At Bat Premium is so we can always listen to baseball on the radio at home and never be stuck with WCBS.

8 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Yeah, they're tough to stomach.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

They are the worst. Part of why I pay for MLB.tv At Bat Premium is so we can always listen to baseball on the radio at home and never be stuck with WCBS.

I think the Yankees need to fund human cloning and make clones Red Barber, Mel Allen and Phil Rizzuto.  

I just want to point out that right after I wished ill on the Dodgers in the Rogue One thread they started to collapse verses the Giants. Like within minutes. The hex is on!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Triskan said:

McCarver speculated during the Cards broadcast that part of the reason that Yadi is such a popular player is that his name is easy to say.

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, never mind that he's been with the Cardinals his entire career, or those 8 Gold Gloves, two World Series wins, and probably one of the best game-callers in baseball. But sure, I can see McCarver's point. :rolleyes: He's such a tool that my boyfriend watches the opponent's broadcasts whenever he's on. What a huge miscue bringing him into their booth. 

1) I fucking hate the Giants and every single one of their fans. Yes, that includes you people.

2) How are we having a discussion about broadcasters and no one has yet mentioned Vin? Shame on all of you. We've also got Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner on the radio, who I'd put against any other broadcast team. Oh and if you prefer to listen in Spanish nobody beats Jaime Jarrin. 

11 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

1) I fucking hate the Giants and every single one of their fans. Yes, that includes you people.

2) How are we having a discussion about broadcasters and no one has yet mentioned Vin? Shame on all of you. We've also got Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner on the radio, who I'd put against any other broadcast team. Oh and if you prefer to listen in Spanish nobody beats Jaime Jarrin. 

1) EABOD, smog dweller. 

2) Charlie Steiner is an annoying know-it-all.

I think this is going to be an epic battle for the division this season between these two teams. If the first week is any indication, I'd say that you guys have a slight edge in the starting rotation, and we have a slight edge offensively. I'd give us a decent edge defensively and a considerable edge with the bullpen. Thinking the D-backs could possible play spoiler for either team. Should be a good race.

Archived