[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

What the holy fuck is Kit talking about??? I mean, I know the words that are leaving his mouth, but they just don't make any fucking sense the way they are put together. 

The show has reached the crowning point of what the fuck is the point in watching anymore if, as Arya so succinctly stated, nothing is nothing. 

I know, every other sentence was a contradiction. I think the key is nothing. Which as we know, is just nothing.

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I just want to add that if this is a publicity prank he is trying to pull, like being dead dead dead, and he does warg, then I am totally done with this show. No reruns or YouTube videos or anything. 

Heh, must say the same crossed my mind. Maybe b/c everything related to this abomination requires a publicity stunt of some sort, but also the interview with Podeswa I quoted yesterday. He was asked about Jon having gone into Ghost, and said something along the lines of, "I can't answer that now, it will be made clear later on". 

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I know, every other sentence was a contradiction. I think the key is nothing. Which as we know, is just nothing.

Seriously bad. I am at a lose for words... Which might be a good thing right now. So disappointed if it is true. 

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Seriously bad. I am at a lose for words... Which might be a good thing right now. So disappointed if it is true. 

Here:

Podeswa on Jon's resurrection:

Podeswa, who directed the first two episodes of Season 6, had an interview with Hollywood Reporter to set a few things to rest. He touched on the theory that Snow warged into Ghost before his death – that is, that Snow’s mind entered Ghost’s body before his physical being died. The publication points out as well that Ghost turned his attention to Snow right before the Lord woke up.

“I cannot answer this question,” Podeswa said. He did confirm, however, that all will be revealed in due time. This could mean that the mystery will be solved soon, as Podeswa is already aware of it.

If they had given it two seconds' thought, they would have foreshadowed Jon's awakening by showing us Ghost's perspective. They already spoiled the shock by Davos outright asking Mel to bring him back to life. Instead of that, even only as a short scene in the second episode, we could have had that and then Jon's body being burnt or something. Or Ghost could have behaved very very oddly so that Davos might have suspected something was up and come to the conclusion that Jon could perhaps be resurrected. It would have been a bit more logical and cinematic. Because, I bet you, Jon WILL warg into Ghost during battle or to scout. They expected to do this back during season 4 and I doubt that has changed.

My story still has major plotholes but I think I write better fanfiction than Dave Hill.

25 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Very true!  That's a whole lotta nonsense right there!  And, if they were gonna exclude the whole warging thing, then why include the dire wolves at all?  Oh, that's right, they didn't know they weren't gonna include the warging back then (but they'll probably tell us they did).  Also, :lmao: at you so correctly pointing out that it's total nonsense to be afraid that there's no afterlife - if that's true then each and every one of us will be way beyond caring when we die!  If there's just nothing then there's also nothing to be afraid of!  Instead of the show going with "Nothing is just nothing!" they should change it to "Nonsense is just nonsense!"

Because GRRM was at least then a little involved? And it would be weird to take away the main element of the first chapter he even wrote of ASOIAF (meaning the direwolves)? 

4 hours ago, LadySoftheart said:

New pictures from Episode 3 . The return of A Thousand Eyes and Two!! Arya gets the big stick this episode!! Tyrion looks noble and sad! Jaime looks pissed off, and for about 2 seconds, I thought it might be that he's pissed off at Cersei, but I expect he's probably just mad at someone else making a sexist comment about Carol. 

For some reason, that IKEA-like looking table to the left really takes me out of the scene...

Wouldn't that Kit quote be a spoiler? Man, if he said water is wet or the sky was blue, I'd get second opinions. This show has taken his soul.

If this is true, however, it's just more nihilism. Nothing is nothing. There is no soul. There is no love. There is only bleak now. Hells, let the Others have it. 

Just now, Tijgy said:

Because GRRM was at least then a little involved? And it would be weird to take away the main element of the first chapter he even wrote of ASOIAF (meaning the direwolves)? 

Oh, I get it...but it's just another example of waste and incoherence on the part of the show runners.

Thb

40 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Exactly! Everything you said. Come the fuck on, nothing makes any sense, nothing. The stupid is everywhere you look. ARGH I wish they'd left Jon dead, then I wouldn't have had to read this interview! Ffs, this is worse than Lost. At least when Lost was dying a slow painful death it was less dumb? And omg I can't believe I just said that, but the level of insane is now officially worse than Lost, and I will not compare the two again. Need to find another show to compare Got to. 

This is just more of the nihilism of D&D showing through.  In the books of course Jon experiences a second life through Ghost during his death.  But D&D doesn't like that, they prefer a world without hope where death is just the end, so they decide to impose this view on GRRM's work.

5 hours ago, Gabriele said:

A lot of cultures believed in the power of the hair (Samson and Delilah, anyone?) but it's not in the books, and hasn't been set up in the show, either. 

Well we have some female POVs having a Sineadl-like shaved head, such as Arya and Dany. I think it means George is telling the reader that the female is romantically and sexually unavailable - the bear & maiden song has the bear "lickng the honey of her hair". Shaved head -> no hair -> no honey ;)

I've been quietly tagging along, enjoying the rants and saving my fingers.. But that EW piece.. What a load of dreck! WTF !

I hope Kit got a huge raise to cover the embarrassment of having to go out and spout this nonsense.

(I wonder if that vodka is still in my freezer?)

Listen, writers.. "Nothin from nothin' leaves nothin'..BUT ..You gotta have somethin', if you you wanna be with me.."

(They have less and less every time they put pen to paper , open their mouths or put words in actor's mouths.)

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

If I died and gets brought back and there was "nothing" in between, wouldn't I just experience that as though there was no gap between the two events, I mean, there wouldn't actually be an ability to experience "oblivion" would there?

Yeah...that's almost as stupid as being born and saying there was "nothing" for all of history prior to your birth.  

8 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

If I died and gets brought back and there was "nothing" in between, wouldn't I just experience that as though there was no gap between the two events, I mean, there wouldn't actually be an ability to experience "oblivion" would there?

Bingo!

5 minutes ago, The Wull said:

Yeah...that's almost as stupid as being born and saying there was "nothing" for all of history prior to your birth.  

Yes, he would have experienced it as being stabbed, lying on the ground dying, and now here he is all of a sudden.  Like...what happened?!  Not "I experienced oblivion!"  Uh, if you were able to experience it, then it wasn't "oblivion"!

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

By changing the story, they've caused themselves more problems than if they had just followed the actual story line.  They had the fight in the Inn with Poliver first thing in S4 so had no one to fight the Hound their precious 'shocking' ninth episode.  So they made up this mess and 'shock' now they have total shit on their hands and don't know what to do with it. 

Surprise!

remember, this was ALL because they wanted 1 thing, for Sandor to fight Brienne, which didn't need to happen

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ffs, this is worse than Lost. At least when Lost was dying a slow painful death it was less dumb? And omg I can't believe I just said that, but the level of insane is now officially worse than Lost, and I will not compare the two again.

Lost was crazy it's 5th season and much of the 6th season island stuff could not fulfill the mystery built around the place, and the finale revelation was lame, except for the actual island ending, but it was rather consistent in its characterization. If characters regressed there was an actual reason for it (back in the real world where they still had to face the issues they had escaped on the island), but they did try to give explanations that were answers (just not the answers a lot of people had hoped), and the plot wasn't some rickety leaking roof. It just was a series that had outstretched itself.

This thread has actually made me consider rewatching Lost :lmao:

36 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Well you would be aware there is some oblivion, I guess, not 'during the oblivion' of course, but once you come to again. When you go to sleep and wake up in the morning, not remembering having dreamt anything, you still were aware of having gone through a state of 'mind oblivion', no? It's not as if you wake and think you simply closed your eyes for 5 mins after you laid down. But 'the oblivion' conclusion would be something you insert yourself, only after you're awake to explain a time difference from the physical cues (light instead of dark, feeling rested or the opposite groggy)

56 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

remember, this was ALL because they wanted 1 thing, for Sandor to fight Brienne, which didn't need to happen

That's right!  The Predator -vs- Alien Sandor -vs- Brienne fight never needed to have happen.

Archived