US Elections 2016

davos

12 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Ok I'm up. Is the Trumpocolypse happening?

It's very likely.

I literally can't believe it.  I knew it was going to happen and I said so when pussygate happened.  But still, it's horrifying to believe that there are so many fucking deplorables in this country.  It's almost enough to make me think the hateful, rageful, vengeful christian god exists.  

Clinton should still win Virginia fairly easily, but its not clear at all that she can win Florida or North Carolina. And she absolutely needs to win one of them if she loses Michigan, and it needs to be Florida if she also loses Wisconsin.

It shouldn't be like this, it really shouldn't.

Wonder how off the polling was?  Was there a systematic bias against Trump in the polls that underestimated his chances?  Starting to look like maybe 538 was right to have Trump at about 30% chance to win, rather than less 1% as estimated by Sam Wang.  There certainly seems like there is a lot of uncertainty, at least at this point in time.  Hopefully, things still play out as originally predicted...  

1 minute ago, Mudguard said:

Wonder how off the polling was?  Was there a systematic bias against Trump in the polls that underestimated his chances?  Starting to look like maybe 538 was right to have Trump at about 30% chance to win, rather than less 1% as estimated by Sam Wang.  There certainly seems like there is a lot of uncertainty, at least at this point in time.  Hopefully, things still play out as originally predicted...  

It's pretty clear that the issue was what I mentioned up thread - which is that white men, traditionally the lowest turnout, turned out in droves.

Archived