EW Reveals Season 4 Posters

Westeros

Stan-stans are an amusing lot, that's for sure.

I agree. We are top class. Hey at least we are not some arrogant and hypocritical part of fandom.

Stan fans are funny, they can't come to terms with the fact that in the show Stannis is the 3rd wheel in his own story. Davos and Melisandre are the primary characters in that part of the plot.

I found absolutely nothing funny about that.

Why should we though?

Book Stannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Show Stannis.

^He didn't write all of the scenes but he devised the arc actually. He was in charge of Stannis, Bran and Arya storylines for s3. If anyone wants the source for this look up Cogman's interview with wicnet. He actively defends many of the Stannis writing decisions because by and large they were his decisions. So much for the D and D are the bad guys narrative.

^He didn't write all of the scenes but he devised the arc actually. He was in charge of Stannis, Bran and Arya storylines for s3. If anyone wants the source for this look up Cogman's interview with wicnet. He actively defends many of the Stannis writing decisions because by and large they were his decisions. So much for the D and D are the bad guys narrative.

Careful. You are attempting to use truth against stannis trolls.

Good to know. Now maybe the same criticism of D&D can stop being rehashed every time Stannis is mentioned.

^He didn't write all of the scenes but he devised the arc actually. He was in charge of Stannis, Bran and Arya storylines for s3. If anyone wants the source for this look up Cogman's interview with wicnet.

That's the interview I used. It doesn't say he only devised the arc, it says that the characters were divided among the writers and he was assigned Dragonstone, Bran and Arya. His process that he speaks of makes it seem like he's doing the writing himself.

I've seen his defense, by the way, and find it pretty poor.

The Drunkard, that's not the case. The episodes are written for the most part by who they are credited to, though of course there is some shuffling of scenes from ep. to ep. in both pre and post production. What he meant is that the writers split up locations and narrative threads between one another for efficiencies sake and map them out for the whole season with rough outlines for scenes and how they will play out before the actual writing and then the writers take on the scenes for the episodes they are given to write.

[MOD]

Unless we are talking about the promotional posters, the discussion is off topic.

Please take the chat to the FG threads where it is (if not disallowed) at least tolerated.

[/MOD]

I wouldn't b praising Cogman that much if I were you, because as Konradsmith correctly said Cogman is the main guy of Team DS. So most of the fault would lie with him, even though he has written some great scenes with Stannis and Davo, from an interview with him (cant find the site) he didnt give particularly good answers to the way Stannis was perceived. So D&D cant get all the blame for Stannis's portrayal. But I am optimistic that we will see a better TV Stannis this season. Stannis will never be perceived as the ultimate TV favourite like Tyrion and Dany aka the messiah (which is really annoying, main reason I want her to die, just so that the unsullied can shut up with their constant Khaleesi). But anyways back to the topic, I recon Stannis will be seen as a better guy as the season goes on by the unsullied, and be the hero hopefully at the end of the series.

But yes he deserves his own poster and more promoting (but I think Dillane doesnt do a lot of promoting, cause he lets the other characters promote the series, but would really want to see a TV interview of him on game of thrones, even though the Den of Geek interview was good, really want to see a video interview of him on Stannis and future of his character)

The new Daario looks like a more attractive version of book Jorah. He looks like a typical Westeros knight, he could fit right in there.

The two men Dany has loved in the series, Drogo and Daario, and Daario, she not only chose to love, she chose, do not and could not.

That's an interesting statement about Dany.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think Stannis or Davos deserves a poster instead of Melisandre...again. I understand why she got one in Season 3 (with the Gendry storyline she was the main character for 'Team Dragonstone') but I think that would go to Stannis this Season considering the 'Stannis, Stannis, STANNIS!' line.

Melisandre gets a poster for the Dutch market because she's played by Carice Van Houten. Is that so hard to understand?

Yes, and it's likely Shae Ygritte Jeyne Talisa Daario will be given a reasonably limited screen time as befit to such a minor character. Or... he will be focused a lot to add more melodrama and cheesy Casanova lines at the expense of better plot points. Pick which one you find more likely.

Scratch "poster" in my comment and substitute it with "promotional photo" then.

And that would change - what? The only poster, promotional photo, whatever else you want to call it. , of Daario, aka Michael Huisman, a Dutch actor, is the one released by HBO Netherlands on their Twitter, alongside the promotional photo or poster of Melisandre aka Carice Van Houten. That same poster/promotional photo of him is not used in the official release of the teaser and photos of Dany and Jorah, even though they could have grouped his photo with theirs the way they did with the Starks and the Lannisters, if Daario was meant to be promoted as a main character or if the marketing were putting on emphasis on romance/love triangle/whatever... But nope, they were actually putting on emphasis on dragons. What is going here is that HBO Netherlands are using the popular Dutch actors to promote the show in the Dutch market. What part of that is so hard to understand?

And what the fuck does your speculation about Daario's future role have to do with the facts about the posters/promotional photos? Is this just what you do because you can't admit that you're factually wrong?

Plenty of stuff actually. Since they dislike Stannis they can keep cutting his screentime for their favourites to appear more on screen. Namely Dany and Tyrion.

Since they dislike a character they make him look horrible and make their liked characters look better (uhum whitewashing).

Then I guess it didn't work. They made Dany look awful in season 2 with their invented material that was aimed to give her more screentime. "Where are my dragons?" was a running joke, I haven't seen anyone who liked that storyline or season 2 Dany.

Archived