Watch, Watched, Watching: New Year, New List.

Grand Moff Mithrandir

Finally got around to watching Elysium, all the negative feedback had put me off seeing it.

It was a perfectly serviceable sci-fi film with some a story thats been told many times before. Sharlto Copley was good, as usual. Jodie Foster was um..horrible, she really failed to deliver.

Finally got around to watching Elysium, all the negative feedback had put me off seeing it.

It was a perfectly serviceable sci-fi film with some a story thats been told many times before. Sharlto Copley was good, as usual. Jodie Foster was um..horrible, she really failed to deliver.

Whoa, massive coincidence, I watched it last night for the first time :eek:

I Origins - this looks interesting, a movie about reincarnation.

Apparently it's gotten some buzz already. The idea that matching irises or fingerprints could prove reincarnation is dubious, but I think that isn't as important as wondering what it would mean if such a thing were proven.

Looks promising. The problem of course will be to see it. It's only going to be released in the US and Germany according to IMDB.

When I went to see X-Men DOFP, I saw a trailer with Scarlett Johansson for a movie called Lucy. She plays a character who can access all of her brain instead of the "10%" the rest of us use. What's with that premise, since I think Limitless used it too. Isn't that theory widely debunked? Do movie writers not do their research?

When I went to see X-Men DOFP, I saw a trailer with Scarlett Johansson for a movie called Lucy. She plays a character who can access all of her brain instead of the "10%" the rest of us use. What's with that premise, since I think Limitless used it too. Isn't that theory widely debunked? Do movie writers not do their research?

Considering every movie that isn't 2001: A Space Odyssey gets space entirely wrong by having sound exist there, I reckon it's pretty safe to say most don't do any research at all.

Considering every movie that isn't 2001: A Space Odyssey gets space entirely wrong by having sound exist there, I reckon it's pretty safe to say most don't do any research at all.

They should. I'm not sure I can enjoy a movie entirely based on a false premise. The trailer showed her with telepathic powers and shit. I use 100% of my brain (albeit at different times), where are my telepathic powers?

Also did not know about the no sound in space. Space isn't really my forte. Thanks for ruining all movies that take place in space for me :p

Eta: on the plus side, I did see the new X-Men movie. Best since X2. Maybe even better.

Who care if it's possible if its an interesting story? I don't know about you, but I don't only see movies that are 100% plausible.

Who care if it's possible if its an interesting story? I don't know about you, but I don't only see movies that are 100% plausible.

Nor do I. And it's usually not a disqualifying factor for me. But this is based entirely on a scientifically proven false premise. It would just be hard to take it seriously. It may be a fun movie, but it sounds a bit too ridiculous and I don't think I could take the movie all that seriously.

Saw the trailer at 'Godzilla' and afterward leaned over to my boyfriend and said 'there goes that Black Widow movie I was hoping for.'

Meh, it was alright. I preferred District 9, but I wouldn't say it was a bad movie, just a bit forgettable.

Agreed. I don't think I'll watch it again for a very long time.

I watched Rush and Riddick yesterday.

On Rush. What a wonderfully tense and gripping movie, I regret not watching it while it was in cinemas.

I was a huge formula 1 fan when I was younger, I got into F1 around the time Schumacher was still dominating and the next best guy, Mika Hakkinen, was nearing retirement. This movie really reminded me why I loved F1 so much.

Hems worth and Bruhl were fantastic, especially Bruhl.

Riddick. They really went back to basics here and scaled down the story from the previous one. This was a good thing and I really enjoyed it. Also, Katee Sackhoff was incredibly attractive in this, so many acts of badassery.

Or don't care. Considering how important sound tracks are to movies, having sound in space - from the standpoint of movie making - isn't an egregious fault.

Got to watch Desolation of Smaug. Meh. For all of the stuff they did add in, was kinda disappointing to not have the introduction of Beorn to the dwarves be done. As a high fantasy movie, it was fun. As an adaption, it was poor.

Watched the first season of "Attack on Titan". It's brilliant imo, never liked anime (besides Pokémon I can only remember liking Gundam Wings) but this one really caught me off guard and blew me away. I know other people here watch it to, is there any news on when we can expect a second season (I saw the first 25 episodes subbed)?

Also went to the theatre to see Edge of Tomorrow. It's one of the best blockbusters in years imo, everything about it worked. I really hope people would go and see it, because it looks like it will (unjustly) bomb at the box-office.

Also saw the first two seasons of Suits. It's fluf, but entertaining fluf. I like it.

Watched the first season of "Attack on Titan". It's brilliant imo, never liked anime (besides Pokémon I can only remember liking Gundam Wings) but this one really caught me off guard and blew me away. I knew other people watch it to, is there any news on when we can expect a second season (I saw the first 25 episodes subbed)?

Also went to the theatre to see Edge of Tomorrow. It's one of the best blockbusters in years imo, everything about it worked. I really hope people would go and see it, because it looks like it will (unjustly) bomb at the box-office.

Also saw the first two seasons of Suits. It's fluf, but entertaining fluf. I like it.

This describes most programming on USA, in my opinion.

Archived