Watch, Watched, Watching: New Year, New List.

Grand Moff Mithrandir

Any suggestions for a t.v. show to watch after I've finished this season of Dexter?

I don't have access to HBO/SKY but I do have Netflix and Amazon Prime. I wouldn't rule out buying a series though since I already have a few in mind.

A million. Do a search for best tv shows and you'll get a very long list.

The Raid 2. Splat! Kapow! Crunch! and other actiony noises!

The overall film isn't quite as good as the first one, because while it's more ambitious it's also more bloated and unfocused, but the action itself is utterly awesome.

I agree. It was very good but way too long and not as good as the first one. Glad they had the actor who played Mad Dog back. Some crazy deaths in this one though, damn.

So I FINALLY got to watch The Dark Knight Returns, parts 1 & 2. I have to say that I really enjoyed them, especially part 1. I like how ruthless and unforgiving old man Batman is. Seeing him mercilessly beat perps was both shocking and satisfying. The final fight scene between Batman and the mutant leader in part 1 is one of the best I've seen in a while.

Thanks for pointing these out. I watched them yesterday and today, and they were fantastic. I would have loved it if they would have got the same voice actors from B:tAS (Kevin Conroy >>> Peter Weller).

Any suggestions for a t.v. show to watch after I've finished this season of Dexter?

I don't have access to HBO/SKY but I do have Netflix and Amazon Prime. I wouldn't rule out buying a series though since I already have a few in mind.

What do you like? What have you already watched? Chuck and Coupling are both excellent.

What do you like? What have you already watched? Chuck and Coupling are both excellent.

Thanks... I just watched Chuck this year and loved it. I will be cueing up Coupling

Just saw the first two episodes of silicon valley. Incredible.

I was fully prepared to hate this show, but it's surprisingly brilliant

Agree with both of you. I caught the last 15 minutes of episode 1 a couple weeks ago and I've become hooked. Just watched episode 3 last, not as good as the first 2, but still good, the name saying moment was just hilarious. Really enjoying this show! Really like Jared/Donald/Gabe in it.

Agree with both of you. I caught the last 15 minutes of episode 1 a couple weeks ago and I've become hooked. Just watched episode 3 last, not as good as the first 2, but still good, the name saying moment was just hilarious. Really enjoying this show! Really like Jared/Donald/Gabe in it.

Yea, I enjoy it as well. Funny show.

I was fully prepared to hate this show, but it's surprisingly brilliant

i thought it was going to be that other (80s based) computer show when i clicked on it on the dvr, actually.

my favorite thing might be how shershow (thats his name in happy endings, not sure what it is here, which, ironically, is classic shershow) irrationally hates jared

i thought it was going to be that other (80s based) computer show when i clicked on it on the dvr, actually.

my favorite thing might be how shershow (thats his name in happy endings, not sure what it is here, which, ironically, is classic shershow) irrationally hates jared

Yes, he sees Jared as a threat to his self-perceived status as mentor and senior advisor to Richard and the company, made all the more funny by Jared being such a mousey insecure person.

Has Veep stepped up significantly after its first couple of episodes then? Coz I keep hearing how amazing it is, but I tried to watch it when it first started and while quite entertaining, it wasn't nearly as compelling as The Thick of It, the final season of which I'd just been watching at the time.

But then again, The Thick of It also got significantly better as it went along.

Veep season two waes significantly better than one and three is on par with two so far.

I don't recall if the first couple were especially bad or standard for season one.

Its not as great as some people say it is though so don't expect to be blown away

Has Veep stepped up significantly after its first couple of episodes then? Coz I keep hearing how amazing it is, but I tried to watch it when it first started and while quite entertaining, it wasn't nearly as compelling as The Thick of It, the final season of which I'd just been watching at the time.

But then again, The Thick of It also got significantly better as it went along.

I'm not enamored with it like a lot of people, and I can't say that I thought it improved any as time went on. I watched season one week to week, season two on HBOGO, and have yet to watch any of season three.

Archived