Watch, Watched, Watching: New Year, New List.

Grand Moff Mithrandir

Just watched Joe. Nicolas Cage was amazing in it, and I really hope he gets some recognition at award's season. The guy may have made (a lot) of very questionable movie decisions, but Joe is proof he can still give a really great performance when he wants to.

Just finished the last episode of Mildred Pearce. It was good, a bit predictable, but good. Have to say, rarely have I watched a show with such a collection of unlikeable characters. Really, I thought they were all horrible people, bad parents, ineffectual loosers and sociopaths. Great acting all round though, even Guy Pearce was totally unlikeable (that's hard to achieve for a guy with his charm). And Evan Rachel Wood was a total bitch, I just saw her in "whatever works", where she played like the complete opposit of her character here, she really is a great actress.

After we finish Vikings, we're either going to binge the Americans, or Rome.... unless someone has a better idea...

Otherwise the only current shows we watch for entertainment are GoT, and Penny Dreadful....

Movie-wise, we are pretty caught up.,,, But during the summer we party a lot,,,, so we are less desperate for couch time than we will be in December

Watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful cause I was really bored, and I was surprisingly impressed by it. A pretty strong first episode, considering most pilot's suck. The main reasons I watched it were because I find 19th century London to be a great setting, and cause Eva Green is charming and sexy at the same time no matter what she does lol. After the really great ending of the pilot, I'll definitely continue watching this show.

Just wanted to share this spoilerfree video by Chris Stuckmann "5 reasons to see Edge of Tomorrow"

I went to see it last week and the more I think about it, the better the movie was (and I already found it pretty damn good when I came out of the theatre). It's doing poorly at the box office, mainly due to shitty marketing. I would ask everyone here who loves a quality blockbuster to go and see this movie and spread the word. This doesn't deserve to bomb.

Just watch the video (especially, reason 3 and 4 are important) and then rush to the theatre :) It's absolutely the best blockbuster of the year (so far)

Long time since I posted in this thread. I've been watching Malcolm in the Middle (all of it), and I forgot that this show is damn-near the perfect sitcom. All the great characters (remember when Frankie Munez was the next big thing?). I'm feeling downright nostalgic for the days of early-mid 2000's. So many awesome shows.

ETA: This show was also remarkably socially-progressive for a Fox comedy. Family Guy has always made it's way by being so over-the-top that it's by design difficult to take serious, and sometimes goes over the heads of the more... simple folk. Malcolm was pretty straightforward in the sense that the show is basically about a disfunctional family that always ends up sticking together, and they are willing to accept anything that comes up between them.

Watched a few things over the past couple of months.

1) Finished up with Mad Men, gah, I need more of this right ow. I can't believe we're going to be done with the series this time next year. It makes me rather sad! Can we just get episodes with Don, Peggy and Sally. That is all I want.

2) Also caught The Normal Heart last week and it's absolutely heartbreaking. Jim Parsons and Mark Ruffalo are both excellent, as is Matt Bomer (?).

3) Lastly, I also watched a movie called In Good Company, it's fair old but an excellent film. Not enough people have seen that movie.

Just watched "Groundhog Day" for the first time. Now that's a classic that does not disappoint, it just exceeded my expectations on every level. Really brilliant.

Somebody reccomended a show called "Suits" .... but I trust this messageboard more than him

So.... opinions?

Have you watched any other USA shows? They're all about the same - light and fluffy, but great for summer time. Psych was my favorite of theirs followed by White Collar and Graceland, but I do also enjoy Suits. However, Suits seems to think too highly of itself.

Somebody reccomended a show called "Suits" .... but I trust this messageboard more than him

So.... opinions?

I have finished the last season of "Suits" about a week ago. It's great if you aren't looking for something deep or realistic. In other words, it's fluff, but it's well-made fluff and quite entertaining. There are also some GoT actors that have a fairly big part as guest stars later on.

Oh, and if you're going to watch it, remember the name "Louis". He'll be your favorite character.

Have you watched any other USA shows? They're all about the same - light and fluffy, but great for summer time. Psych was my favorite of theirs followed by White Collar and Graceland, but I do also enjoy Suits. However, Suits seems to think too highly of itself.

Yea, it definitely does though I still enjoy it. One of those shows I can turn my brain off and just listen to the grandiose statements they constantly make. I thoroughly enjoy White Collar and Graceland though this season's arc might tire me out early on.

I watched Grand Budapest Hotel over the weekend and loved it. I wasn't a big fan of Wes Anderson movies until Moonrise Kingdom but I think after Fantastic Mr. Fox, Anderson has found his grove and a very interesting, unique style of telling stories that I just cannot get enough of. That and his casting has been spot on.

Just saw GI Joe: Retaliation because....well, I'd seen the first one, so I figured I needed to see the sequel.

Not a spoiler, they showed it in the ads....they did basically a new cast entirely and killed of everyone else. Now, you don't see the Names from the last one dying, but it is intimated that they did.

It was about as good a movie as the cartoon was a cartoon. Unlike the cartoon, people do get hit by bullets and explosions so that was a change...but unless you were a fan of the cartoon back in the 80s, not really much reason to see it.

Any suggestions for a t.v. show to watch after I've finished this season of Dexter?

I don't have access to HBO/SKY but I do have Netflix and Amazon Prime. I wouldn't rule out buying a series though since I already have a few in mind.

House of Cards is a treat. Kevin Spacey is just so twisted.

House of Lies also has some great moments.

But then again, The Thick of It also got significantly better as it went along.

Watching this again in preparation for Dr. Who, and you are right - it does get better as the series progress.

Watching American Horror Story from the beggining.... It's nice and light, kind of fun... so we're digging it so far (8 episodes into S1)....

Jessica Lange is fan-fucking-tastic.

Too right. To be honest, the past season was my fave, but she shines.

I Origins - this looks interesting, a movie about reincarnation.

Apparently it's gotten some buzz already. The idea that matching irises or fingerprints could prove reincarnation is dubious, but I think that isn't as important as wondering what it would mean if such a thing were proven.

This does look interesting. Thanks for the link. :)

Sad that I couldn't help but think of a particularly disturbing scene from the tv Hannibal when I saw Micheal Pitt. Ew. I'm forever scarred. :P

Watched the first season of "Attack on Titan". It's brilliant imo, never liked anime (besides Pokémon I can only remember liking Gundam Wings) but this one really caught me off guard and blew me away. I know other people here watch it to, is there any news on when we can expect a second season (I saw the first 25 episodes subbed)?

My husband is the anime fan in this house, but even I thought the series was brilliant. I haven't heard any news about it though.

I watched Dear Mr. Watterson the other day on Netflix. It was phenomenal. A must watch for any fan of Calvin and Hobbes, ie. anybody with a pulse ;)

Aw. I must watch that. Thanks for the info! :)

Currently watching:

Crossbones - similar to Black Sails

Happy Valley - gramma policewoman kicks butt!

Line of Duty

Fargo

Penny Dreadful

Archived