Justified Season 6 (SPOILERS)- Rightly Aplexed in Harlan

Larry of the Lawn

I've been really pleased with the first couple episodes too.

Agreed, but the 2nd one was much stronger than the 1st imo. The Boyd-Raylan talk last week felt forced, but this week felt way more natural. And this week was pretty damn funny too - to me it was classic Justified, whereas last week was a good tone setting episode.

The more I think about this week's episode, the stronger it becomes. They gave Tim some screen time, which should be an automatic requirement in each episode. The antagonists got some great lines, with Choo Choo filling shoes left empty from the Crowes. When he said "HNIC" I about choked. Boyd and Raylan had a great scene. Ava is getting played and double-played, but shows Boyd how valuable her intelligence is to him, with the pizza shop catch. Great episode. My prediction: Ava comes out on top, becoming the next Mags.

My prediction: Ava comes out on top, becoming the next Mags.

I'd say if anyone's gonna become the next Mags it would be Loretta.

As long as we're predicting things I'll take a shot. These new villains end up being somehow worse than Boyd. Maybe they kill Ava or Tim. Or maybe Sam Elliot eats Raylan's baby or something. Raylan can't investigate officially because it's too personal, so he takes a leave of absence or outright resigns (what the hell it's the last season.) Boyd and Raylan reluctantly team up to get revenge. Boyd dies in the ensuing gun fight and Raylan is left facing criminal charges for killing a bunch of these people on his own. Wynn Duffy rides off into the sunset in his new camper.

Best episode of the season for sure so far imo, Markham/Walker are already a million times better than the Crowe gang and I could easily see them being second to only Mags come season end

Also Mary Steenburgens character is ace. "From the moment I met you I knew you were the man of my dreams" :lol:

She makes 61 look damn good

Best episode of the season for sure so far imo, Markham/Walker are already a million times better than the Crowe gang and I could easily see them being second to only Mags come season end

Also Mary Steenburgens character is ace. "From the moment I met you I knew you were the man of my dreams" :lol:

She makes 61 look damn good

Man Mary Steenbergen...loving her added screen time this season.

And Sam Elliott needs his god damn moustache. That was a great scene at Ava's house, but the moustache would've driven it home.

Also...is it possible Markham is having Boyd and Catherine dig heir own graves? He may be on to those two already (and why wouldn't he be?). It could be leading up to a point where he may kill both of them. I remember last episode she asked him what he'd do to someone (he'd gouge their eyes out). Maybe she was testing the waters? But, knowing Boyd, he'll probably end up having Catherine and Markham killed. And it'll be him v Raylan at the very end.

Also I agree, best episode of the season. I've never seen Boyd look so small in a scene before. Markham is actually a scary adversary.

A couple highlights that come to mind:

Raylan - I'm gonna shoot your dick off.

Lil Napoleon AUSA :lol:

:agree:

Dillahunt and Elliott were great choices.

They are both perfect fits for Justified.

Great run of episodes so far. Let's hope the quality stays this high, and the show goes out on top the way it deserves.

And Sam Elliott needs his god damn moustache. That was a great scene at Ava's house, but the moustache would've driven it home.

It's absence was really distracting for me at first, but I'm getting used to it. The guy who plays Wynn Duffy really manages to do so much with so few lines. The talk about doing anything for your kids again makes me worry they're gonna hurt Raylan's baby. The only problem I have with Markham is that so far he reminds me of the "Harlan Illuminati" sub-plot from the "Get Drew" season. At least he's more menacing than Bernard from Lost.

It's absence was really distracting for me at first, but I'm getting used to it. The guy who plays Wynn Duffy really manages to do so much with so few lines. The talk about doing anything for your kids again makes me worry they're gonna hurt Raylan's baby. The only problem I have with Markham is that so far he reminds me of the "Harlan Illuminati" sub-plot from the "Get Drew" season. At least he's more menacing than Bernard from Lost.

I doubt they'll go that far; I think it'll be Raylan's choice. The 'doing anything' part might be Raylan facing the choice of hanging it up for good. As long as he has the badge, he won't really be there for his daughter.

Archived