R+L=J v.78

Angalin

Is it just me, or is this site getting uglier by the day?

Edit: not referring to this thread, but they're at it again in the main: Lyanna should have known thousands were going to die, shippers stink, GNC is crap, etc. All not true, of course. :lol:

this is whats left after the huge Stannis v Dany battle that raged the last few months

O no! The wights are also in Essos? Damn, no place is safe anymore :P

Yeah. I don't much go to the other threads anymore (unless there is a reccomendation), with the exception of the entertainment and games forum.

Its either that or part ways with the forum for awhile.

There is one more, at least, since "they found Ned holding Lyanna's hand."

Wylla, mayhaps? A wet nurse seems like the most logical option to me, since we know only Ned and HR survived the fight

Edit: not referring to this thread, but they're at it again in the main: Lyanna should have known thousands were going to die, shippers stink, GNC is crap, etc. All not true, of course. :lol:

yeah, didn't you know, Lyanna is one of the ten worst persons in the entire story ;)

So if this theory of R+L=J is true in the end, and I really hope it is. In what way would you like it to be delivered? I always imagined that Dany gets to Westeros and Jon is somehow in the fight against her, because she's still trying to conquer the iron throne. So when she sets the dragons to slay the "usurpers" they refuse to burn him and basically act "friendly" around him. Or even better Drogon tries to burn him but after the flames are gone, Jon is still there, maybe just his hair changes to silver :P Haha yeah this sounds kind of silly, but if this theory holds true I really want it to be sort of an epic reveal and not like one person (Howland?) telling Jon or someone else how it is.

My secret crackpotty wishful-thinking-dream is Jaime having known all this time, and blurting out the truth to Lady Stoneheart during their upcoming confrontation in front of a weirwood stump when Bran is 'tree-searching' and Jon 'dreaming' at the very exact same moment in time. :rofl:

Ah, how glorious would that be! xD

yeah, didn't you know, Lyanna is one of the ten worst persons in the entire story ;)

Oh, she is! She didn't have a crystal ball to know that her brother would act like an idiot and that the king would start killing people for no reason! How dare she! :P

Yeah. I don't much go to the other threads anymore (unless there is a reccomendation), with the exception of the entertainment and games forum.

Its either that or part ways with the forum for awhile.

The most dysfunctional fandom I've ever come across. Nobody hates ASoIaF as much as true ASoIaF fan :rolleyes: :dunno:

Dany haters, Stannis haters, Targaryen haters, Lannister haters, Martell/Dorne haters, Essos haters, Cersei haters, Rhaegar haters, Lyanna haters, dragons haters, AFfC/ADwD haters, pace/style haters... seven hells, even GRRM haters :stunned:

On a brighter and lighter note, I have a nagging feeling that season 4 will be full of fiery details/hints/foreshadowings in regards to the R+L=Jverse. Let's keep our eyes (ears?) open ;)

Earlier on, I was thinking of poor show!Jon,

of how Robb always had the girls looking at him and not at Jon, and then I thought... There's someone coming who would probably definitely NOT have looked at Robb in that way, and all the more at Jon when she finds out who his

mommy daddy was, and she's the prettiest girl in the world, too! :lol:

My apologies to the innocent child in my signature.

I've been thinking about the unspeakable lately, and yeah, one can dislike it, but one cannot dispel the option entirely.

It is not recognized by the audience. It is not tragic irony.

Weird. Because I'm pretty sure there's this whole thread where we discussed recognizing it.

I realize it's not the same as watching some character sneak over and pour poison in her soup, and then slip away right before Dany sits down to eat. But, this isn't a play or TV show. And the author has given us ample reason to be suspicious of that particular word. So, in fact, we do (possibly) have access to information the character is unaware of.

Getting back to your original point, just because Dany perceives something as sweet does not make it so. And just because she perceives it that way, does not mean that it won't come back to bite her in the ass somehow.

Yes it is. I'm sorry but all these noobs come in and just go off. there's no arguing with them, and most of them get tons and tons of facts wrong from the books, then use those wrong facts to form opinions which they will not budge from, and are very rude to everyone, especially people like us who actually know what we are talking about.

Yes it is. I'm sorry but all these noobs come in and just go off. there's no arguing with them, and most of them get tons and tons of facts wrong from the books, then use those wrong facts to form opinions which they will not budge from, and are very rude to everyone, especially people like us who actually know what we are talking about.

So, kind of like the Dance forum then.

this is whats left after the huge Stannis v Dany battle that raged the last few months

Yeah but you know who is starting that stuff, and it doesn't make any sense, the arguments are not even over the books, they are arguments over what if.

Well you know there is this thing at the top of peoples heads called a brain, and apparently there has been a mass exodus of said brains. Nobody is thinking and honestly that thread was clearly started by a troll. Yet people post. The simple fact is even Robert didn't go to war over Lyanna, neither did Ned. Sure she was part of the catalyst that led to some events but it was never until Aerys called for Robert and Neds heads that Arryn raised his banners. That's it, that's the text, that's in the books. Robert and Ned didn't start the war, Arryn and Aerys did. It's like using the actual text from the books has become taboo and it must all be about opinion and applied supposition. Time to make a theoretical leap without any evidence or support and call it a theory.

Got into an argument with a fan over Dany's chapters in Crows, think about that for a minute.

"She had the worst chapters in Crows"

"Who did?"

"Dany the evil bitch"

"You mean you didn't like her Dance chapters"

"No I said crows are you stupid?"

"Did you read crows?"

"Twice"

"I don't think you did"

"Are you calling me a liar"

"If the shoe fits"

And that is the joy of the current board.

Yeah but you know who is starting that stuff, and it doesn't make any sense, the arguments are not even over the books, they are arguments over what if.

Well you know there is this thing at the top of peoples heads called a brain, and apparently there has been a mass exodus of said brains. Nobody is thinking and honestly that thread was clearly started by a troll. Yet people post. The simple fact is even Robert didn't go to war over Lyanna, neither did Ned. Sure she was part of the catalyst that led to some events but it was never until Aerys called for Robert and Neds heads that Arryn raised his banners. That's it, that's the text, that's in the books. Robert and Ned didn't start the war, Arryn and Aerys did. It's like using the actual text from the books has become taboo and it must all be about opinion and applied supposition. Time to make a theoretical leap without any evidence or support and call it a theory.

Got into an argument with a fan over Dany's chapters in Crows, think about that for a minute.

"Who did?"

"Dany the evil bitch"

"Did you read crows?"

"Twice"

"I don't think you did"

"If the shoe fits"

ahahahahaha OMG

The most dysfunctional fandom I've ever come across. Nobody hates ASoIaF as much as true ASoIaF fan :rolleyes: :dunno:

Dany haters, Stannis haters, Targaryen haters, Lannister haters, Martell/Dorne haters, Essos haters, Cersei haters, Rhaegar haters, Lyanna haters, dragons haters, AFfC/ADwD haters, pace/style haters... seven hells, even GRRM haters :stunned:

On a brighter and lighter note, I have a nagging feeling that season 4 will be full of fiery details/hints/foreshadowings in regards to the R+L=Jverse. Let's keep our eyes (ears?) open ;)

I agree completely! Makes no sense to me :rolleyes:

(and I'm with Alia... rarely find interesting threads with a congenial tone here these days :( )

But... yes S4!! I think D&D have turned up the volume on RLJ this season. I was laughing after first episode envisioning weeks of spoiler tag filled RLJ discussion ;)

"Who did?"

"Dany the evil bitch"

"Did you read crows?"

"Twice"

"I don't think you did"

"If the shoe fits"

Are. You. Kidding?

ahahahahahahaha!!

:lmao:

"Who did?"

"Dany the evil bitch"

"Did you read crows?"

"Twice"

"I don't think you did"

"If the shoe fits"

Omg, seriously? This actually happened? Too hilarious! :rofl:

Wow, some of us are actually in that hate thread. Congrats to those who can stomach that, but I guess if you don't then hate wins and hate should never win.

Well, somebody has to try and be a voice of reason in that hatefest. I am not far away from giving up on those woodheads (as we say over here) though.

Well, somebody has to try and be a voice of reason in that hatefest. I am not far away from giving up on those woodheads (as we say over here) though.

Yes me too, It's hard to sit by and watch so many incorrect things being posted without contradicting. But all is does is make the SOIAF tumor in my head get bigger.

Archived