Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP406 Discussion

The only thing I look forward to in the Theon/Ramsay storyline is Manderly...I can't wait for him to appear finally.

Im looking forward to him but im looking forward to that entire arc.

In the whole episode, there was not even one fuck given by Oberyn. Not even literally, apparently.

Hue!

Well, SOMEBODY needs to start droppin' rhymes at the Dreadfort, anyway :)

But, while maybe not next week, I think this is Myranda's future eventually. The dynamic of the hunt just seemed too familiar and almost cyclical. One girl got jealous of the other, so Ramsay picked one and had her help hunt the other. Once there's a third again, and the triangle gets re-established.

She's the accomplice for now, but she's not the first such GF for Ramsay, just the most recent, and she thinks it's forever like all too many girls believe about all too many boys, except way worse in this case because this boy doesn't just hit and quit, he MURDERS you.

Plus Roose is gonna want Ramsay to quit fooling around with her and focus on his Pretend Arya bride (or whatever the show version of that ends up being) so either Ramsay gets rid of her his way, or Roose gets rid of her his way, and neither way is a pleasant end for Myranda, who'll be the last one to see her own end coming.

Man...i want her to stay. Fuck the police. Or she mutinies or something. I dunno. If shes to go byebye, at least let her have one more really evil act first.

Why dont they "Rhyonar of the First men" anymore? None, Stannis, Dany or Tommen...I always found that the most fascinating

Remember the first time Ned Stark says it...

They've never included it in the show. I re-watched s01e01 the other day, and he definitely does not include the Rhyonar reference (only the Andals and the First Men). Kinda sucks, I agree. It could've been a nice little way to explain Nymeria's name.

Oberyn's one of my favorite characters in the book, too. Pascal is doing a fine job; and I love his profile. (he's built nicely too)

Has anyone noticed that Cersei's hairstyle has much improved since the Purple Wedding; she looks even more attractive without that high-piled look; and her amazing cheekbones are more visible.

Can't lie, best she's ever looked.

Can't lie, best she's ever looked.

I think all the women have looked more attractive this season. Shae was luminous in the trial scene, Carice van Houten looked even more stunning than usual in that scene from the 4x07 promo where she gazed into the flames, and Margaery has looked incredible.

Im looking forward to him but im looking forward to that entire arc.

Hue!

Man...i want her to stay. Fuck the police. Or she mutinies or something. I dunno. If shes to go byebye, at least let her have one more really evil act first.

She's using Theon's bow. She should totally rub that in Reek's face, or mockingly ask if she can borrow it for a little longer. You're not using it anyway with all those missing fingers, now, are you? :devil:

I think all the women have looked more attractive this season. Shae was luminous in the trial scene, Carice van Houten looked even more stunning than usual in that scene from the 4x07 promo where she gazed into the flames, and Margaery has looked incredible.

The actress who plays Cat/Stoneheart won't be looking better though :ack:

The actress who plays Cat/Stoneheart won't be looking better though :ack:

LOL are they not going to bring back Michelle Farely(sp)? I am gonna love that make up :)

Eye Of The Beholder, my friend.

Eye Of The Beholder. :devil:

looool. Im wondering if Michelle Fairley is coming back and just keeping it under her hat...

looool. Im wondering if Michelle Fairley is coming back and just keeping it under her hat...

Well, she's in the new 24 series and it's looking like the directors just told her, "you'll still be playing Cat, but Walder Frey is now the President of the U.S."

With regards to Varys' motivations, in season 1 when he and the magistrate meet beneath the catacombs, I believe Viserys was still alive and therefore, I believe the rightful heir to the targaryan throne. When Viserys died, the next male heir was (f)Aegon. So Varys is just adapting to changing situations.

With regards to Varys' motivations, in season 1 when he and the magistrate meet beneath the catacombs, I believe Viserys was still alive and therefore, I believe the rightful heir to the targaryan throne. When Viserys died, the next male heir was (f)Aegon. So Varys is just adapting to changing situations.

Nope that's not correct.The proper order is Aegon-Viserys-Dany. Aegon was the son of the mad King's heir and according to the Targaryen customs/laws he comes first.

By the way sorry to post it here but the trailer for episode 7 is up http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones#/video/video.html/eNrjcmbOYM7XLMtMSc13zEvMqSzJTHbOzytJrShRz89JgQkFJKan+iXmpjIXcjIysoFgellmarltXmlOjlpiaUl+QU5ipW1JUWmqGtAoW0Njc3MLCwu1tMycktQi27TUxJLSotQUAMrtJLY=

So i think a prediction thread can be opened for this as well?

Edited by Daenor

ooo you might get a lot of hate for that :laugh:

Or in other words not pointless at all

LOL!! So true, only time he seemed to give a fuck was "did you? Did you fuck him like it was his last night?" [emoji1][emoji1]

what the...where did those smilies come from?

PS Westeros is way bigger than Latin America! GRRM says it's roughly the length of South America.

So...it's SMALLER than Latin America.

From a thousand pages ago, but I still like the idea of Salladhor being used as "Aurane Waters" stand-in. So a Stannis betrayal of him could work in that way. Runs over to Cersei. Promptly betrays her too.

Or Davos and Salladhor could fake Salladhor changing sides so that Salladhor could steal Cersei's fleet. He did want to **** Cersei in season 2...

But I don't think Cersei would trust him and I don't think he would trust Cersei to be dumb enough to trust him.

I repeat, to both the Unsullied and to the Book Readers... what moron in the seven kingdoms wouldn't question Petyr's sudden bastard/niece?

Maybe this is a book flaw that the show writers are trying to resolve?

I always believed that since LF is known to own a brothel, everyone assumed that he partook of his own wares and she's the result. And now that she's flowered, LF no longer wants her living in the brothel.

Just watched the episode.

Laughing at Stannis again. He can't even convince the bank to give him money, Davos must do it. Ridic.

I actually thought it was appropriate. Stannis has many great qualities (strategic, smart, brave, persistent, etc.) but winning friends and influencing people is not one of his strengths. Convincing the bank required an influencer--and Davos (who, as a smuggler, has probably had to talk his way out of many difficult situations) is a great one.

the best part of the whole episode was just how slumped and relaxed oberyn was during most of the trial

It was hilarious, but I was actually a little annoyed when he didn't stand when Tywin entered the room in the Small Council scene. It seemed a little discourteous and passive aggressive to me...

Hey...i was just thinking...do you think Ramsay's lady friend, Myranda will actually be plot important? I kinda like how shes unabashedly bad news. Goes to show even the ladies can be pretty gnarly.

Nope, just Ros replacement as token naked woman. I actually don't like her, because I always assumed that Ramsay was a solo player and that everyone else in the Dreadfort was just too afraid to challenge him or say anything. The show is taking a different approach, and I don't really care for it.

I hope those who always complain about Dany being perfect and flawless are happier now, because she looked like a total idiot in this episode. The son of a slavemaster claims his father was totally innocent in the deaths of the children and she believes him instantly because slave masters are such honest people who always say the truth, right? Giving in so easily will make her look weak and manipulable to the Meereense nobles.

Then the goat herder says Drogon killed all his livestock when we clearly saw that he only took single goat the rest got away. Of course Dany doesn't question this and promises him three times the worth of all his animals in gold. Barristan gives her a look like 'Are you stupid?'. She never asks for proof. How did the goat herder get the bones when Drogon carried his prey off into the far away mountains? Now when the word spreads that Dany is paying gold for animal bones, people can just burn their livestock, bring it to her and make some big cash (I think that's what happens in ADWD, correct me if I'm wrong), it was a really dumb move. They are really showing her as a bad and naive ruler from the moment she sits on the bench.

Excellent, just like the books