Orphan Black Take 2: Expect some differences from the Original

Sci-2

I can't seem to find this, so I guess it doesn't air yet in the UK? :(

I can't seem to find any date for the UK showing. I seem to remember there was a delay for the previous seasons between the American showing and it appearing on BBC3.

I can't seem to find any date for the UK showing. I seem to remember there was a delay for the previous seasons between the American showing and it appearing on BBC3.

I looked it up online and found somewhere which says 30th April.

*sobs uncontrollably*

I don't see how anyone could possibly dislike Alison. She's nutty as a fruit cake, as my Mam always said (which is weird, since her fruit cakes never actually had nuts in them, so the saying didn't really work for us but nvm).

I love Alison. The scene where she hops out of her minivan and beats up Aynsley in the middle of the street is one of my favorites. :D

Honestly, some of the scenes she has just have me grinning like a Cheshire Cat, even on days where I feel like shit. She's wonderful. When she stood up to her neighbours and hubby after her breakdown I was ready to jump up and cheer. (Thankfully I didn't, since I had my laptop on my knee at the time)

This is only a vague spoiler, but since it seems the premier is not tonight for everyone I'll spoiler it

Much has been said about Maslany's ability to play multiple clones, but the scenes where she's playing one clone pretending to be another are always the best. The woman is a genius.

"Alas, the one thing that didn't really sit right with me in this was Project Castor, the male-clone faction that returned in the form of "Naked Buddha" Rudy and the mustachioed Seth. Honestly, Orphan Black has enough factions as it is: Topside, Dyad, Project Leda, what's left of the Proletheans and Neolutionists -- not to mention the police and military. It's enough to make your head spin, and adding yet another faction seems like overkill at this point. Granted, I'm still intrigued by the potential of Project Castor, but from what we saw of the male-clones this week, I'm not really sold yet. Hopefully future episodes will showcase them a bit better."

Couldn't agree more with that.

^You're really big on those IGN reviews aren't you. :P

Anyway, decent opener.

The opening was cruel, you just knew Helena was going to wake up in some kind of terrible situation. Locked in a box with a damn scorpion....yikes.

Delphine messing with Rachel's eye made me cringe. :eek: She was good in this one.

I agree with Rum Ham too, it's always fun when Sarah pretends to be one of her sisters. Guess Rachel is the boss is the bedroom too. :spank: :leer:

Spoiler

Space Channel in Canada is doing an aftershow (After the Black) and Maslany was the guest tonight. Apparently the scorpion was a real scorpion, not CG.

Just when I was starting to feel sorry for Rachel for the torture, we find out she was going to have all local Leda clones killed. Torture her again, Dephine!

Spoiler

Space Channel in Canada is doing an aftershow (After the Black) and Maslany was the guest tonight. Apparently the scorpion was a real scorpion, not CG.

Just when I was starting to feel sorry for Rachel for the torture, we find out she was going to have all local Leda clones killed. Torture her again, Dephine!

That scorpion gave me a shiver. Reminded me of the movie Hook when they locked that guy in a chest with a bunch of scorpions. That scene was so creepy to me as a kid. The one in this episode was HUGE too! :ack:

I'd say so far Ari Millen playing clones feels like all the same guy. The contrast in skill compared with Tatiana Maslany is subtle, but vast. Hopefully he sells it better in later episodes. On the other hand, perhaps the Castor clones are not written to have much detectable difference from each other.

Just finished watching the premiere. I liked it overall; Tatiana hasn't lost her stride at all. Man, she's talented. Also, big props to the actress who plays Delphine---the eye scene between her and Rachel was very cringe inducing. The best bits of this show continue to be when the clones interact or play one another (Alison as Sarah is always great). I agree that there are one too many other stories--Dyad, Top Side, Leda, Castor. I know the plot meshes together but it is a lot to remember and keep track of.

Can't wait to find out what is going on with Helena (and her little scorpion friend)

Archived