What's for Dinner #4 - Is it tasty? Is it crunchable?

Tears of Lys

I feel like I ate an entire pig.

:lol: There needs to be a correlation study between the BWB and pig meat. A great number of us seem to be addicted :D

Carrot ginger soup.

Beet, spinach, goat cheese salad with candied walnuts.

Roasted parsnips.

Halibut baked with lemon, capers and basil.

Screw Ini's request for pics. I just want your address so I can show up for dinner :P

Pics plz

Screw Ini's request for pics. I just want your address so I can show up for dinner :P

Sadly, there are neither pics nor leftovers! Every component of the meal was dead easy to prepare, though. I roasted the beets and made the soup the night previous, and then the whole meal took maybe 45 minutes to cook/put together before eating, which is great when you are in the kitchen with two little nephews who adore their uncle. The candied walnuts are also a great way to distract annoying children.

Nasrudin's fool-proof method for fellow mediocre chefs to get great fish every single time:

Buy really nice fish, and don't over-cook it.

Having dumped the HFCS, hydrogenated veggie oils and processed foods from my life, I can honestly say that my fastest go to dish is bacon and kale with two eggs on the side. Delicious! And I no longer feel bloated all the time!

That sounds great :) I think I need to get some bacon, I buy it only occasionally...

Breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs with chives and a dash of Angry Chef, which I often make, but with toast made from the loaf of bread I baked yesterday.

I am making bread lately. Lots and lots of bread. The girlfriend tried to make it and failed (accidentally killed the yeast) and came over here since I'm more used to it and have a food processor. Made the loaf, saved the day. That was Wednesday. Since then I've made two more loaves of bread. Lots of sandwiches in my future.

Met her family last night. Until that day I thought it was just going to be her parents -- but no, it was parents, three sisters, their spouses, and their kids. Turned out to be a very nice evening. We made what I guess are now my signature cookies -- Keller's recipe, slightly modified -- and I was told by a twelve-year old that "This is probably the best cookie I've ever eaten." So that was nice.

Last night I made a dinner for our visiting friends:

1. Shiitake mushroom and chicken stew

2. Onion and beef

3. Spinach with black bean sauce

4. Mapo tofu

5. Green beans, Taiwanese style

6. Homemade potstickers

Chef and Donkey:

Any time you care to brace the tepid normalcy of central midwest, you can visit me and get fed great food.

Xray:

I know I like you for a reason. I know exactly what you meant when you said Sichuan style smacked cucumber. I make it in Beijing style.

How does the pairing of the amaranth in fermented tofu go with chicken roasted with lemon? I am curious.

Archived