What's for Dinner #4 - Is it tasty? Is it crunchable?

Tears of Lys

I think the freakishly high amounts of sugar we consume as a country has a lot more to do with us getting fatter than anything else.

I'm on my second 20 oz. Coke today and it's just now noon.

Yep.

Today's co-op score: Baby back ribs...4 racks at $4.50 each! Pasture/wood raised :D Some stew meat, a rump roast, a shoulder roast and a 5 lb whole chicken (pasture raised). However, I am now drowning in lettuce, turnip greens and kale. I did go and buy a dehydrator though so I can make some healthy chips with turnips, potatoes and sweet potatoes. My first batch of homemade pasta sauce gets started after the kitchen gets cleaned up.

eta: Who has a good recipe for some marinade to do beef jerky with?

I made a crispy skin salmon last night for me and hubby and garlic prawns for the kids. 3 of the 4 kids stole most of our salmon as well as eating their prawns. :( Guess next time I'll buy enough salmon for all of us or enough prawns for all of us and not bother doing two meals. (Although kids swore they wouldn't like salmon when I was at the shops and love prawns!)

Broiled salmon. Seasoned with some salt and brown sugar, light marinade of dijon mustard, teriyaki, and a dash of angry chef hot sauce.

I bought a couple of tablespoons of a citrus/ginger salt at Whole Foods last week. I am looking forward to my next salmon meal :)

And angry chef hot sauce goes on everything :) Getting low on my supply though.

eta: dinner (breakfast) today just became all homey :) My first batch of ever of made from scratch pasta sauce, fresh andouille sausage and spaghetti squash. :)

Yep.

Today's co-op score: Baby back ribs...4 racks at $4.50 each! Pasture/wood raised :D Some stew meat, a rump roast, a shoulder roast and a 5 lb whole chicken (pasture raised). However, I am now drowning in lettuce, turnip greens and kale. I did go and buy a dehydrator though so I can make some healthy chips with turnips, potatoes and sweet potatoes. My first batch of homemade pasta sauce gets started after the kitchen gets cleaned up.

eta: Who has a good recipe for some marinade to do beef jerky with?

I have a few that I use for venison jerky (not on me right now). I rarely use pre made anything, but High Mountain Jerky Cure is really good (I like hickory flavor). Depending on how much you want to make, it might be cheaper to buy the cure rather than all the ingredients for your own.

Broiled salmon. Seasoned with some salt and brown sugar, light marinade of dijon mustard, teriyaki, and a dash of angry chef hot sauce.

Sounds delicious, although I would cook it on the grill.

Grilled chicken fajitas made from our last package of chicken tenderloins :crying: . Local butcher had them on sale this summer for ridiculously cheap and I should have bought about 30 packages instead 15.

Kielbasa, made by my favourite East Van Poles, with a stout mustard I made with HUB Seven Grain. A little slaw on the side.

With a delicious stout from a great local brewery to wash it all down, of course.

Archived