Videogames: Your Absurd Character Demands Cannot Be Met

Sivin

My first ME playthrough I took whichever class is weapons + tech. Tech ended up being useless because I adore Tali and kept her in my party whenever I could, but it came with a side of sniper rifle specialization and that was rad.

I tried pure biotics and decided biotics were lame and boring. I know most of you disagree. I don't care.

Just finished Portal 2. That was pretty damn good. The ending was great.

[spoilers] I really did not expect, but absolutely loved, being serenaded by the robots on the way out. Even with all the hilarious and brilliant voice acting going on, that was my favourite part. I could maybe make an exception for ''I don't want your damn lemons!''

I've played Portal one a bit on Xbox360, but I think I might have to invest in it on Steam at some point, next time it's on sale maybe.

You absolutely must do the Co-Op mode for Portal 2

There's basically no way to get low galactic readiness without skipping alot of content though.

Prior to one of the big patches, it was actually really hard to hit the galactic readiness level that unlocks the Symbiosis ending if you were avoiding multiplayer. Doable, but hard.

Just finished Portal 2. That was pretty damn good. The ending was great.

[spoilers] I really did not expect, but absolutely loved, being serenaded by the robots on the way out. Even with all the hilarious and brilliant voice acting going on, that was my favourite part. I could maybe make an exception for ''I don't want your damn lemons!''

I believe there's a translation for the turret opera on the wiki and it's basically GLaDOS saying goodbye to Chell, which feels nice after the way she kicked you out.

Prior to one of the big patches, it was actually really hard to hit the galactic readiness level that unlocks the Symbiosis ending if you were avoiding multiplayer. Doable, but hard.

Fortunately, that's a horrible ending that no one should want to pick anyway.

Fortunately, that's a horrible ending that no one should want to pick anyway.

Yes, yes it is. It's also structured as the "best" ending, proving that the writers were up their own asses about the ending.

Galactic readiness enables more of the endings and makes the endings you get more positive overall.

A good example of this is in the big space battle at the end, the CGI for which changes quite a bit between different settings. High readiness/EMS means your combined fleet holds together pretty well and kicks a surprising amount of Reaper backside. Low readiness means it gets shredded and Shepherd says something along the lines, "Hell, I got all these people killed due to my overwhelming sucktitude." It also varies depending on the different assets you've collected i.e. the Asari flagship is either present or not present depending on if you got it, and the presence of the Geth and/or Quarians varies depending on what happened in the game. You can see quite a few of the variations on YouTube.

Destiny beta started today, I still have an extra code for NA PS4 if anyone wants it.

Encountered a sentient clam on the shores of the sea in Divinity: Original Sin.

"Call me Ishamashell..."

I booted it into the sea.

Game of the Year.

I clearly need to play this. People are going on like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

-Why rule out replays? There's so much to explore in that world

Mainly it's an issue of time. I'd rather be doing something else than replaying Mass Effect. For example, I'd rather play Dragon Age 2 for the first time than play Mass Effect again, even though I liked Mass Effect a lot. And then there will be Dragon Age 3, Mass Effect 4, another Starcraft II expansion, etc.

Encountered a sentient clam on the shores of the sea in Divinity: Original Sin.

"Call me Ishamashell..."

I booted it into the sea.

Game of the Year.

Yup. Its such an excellent game and I haven't even invested much time into it. My laptop is a bit slow for it and I get irritated easily by it and quite.

I have the same issue with many of the games I try to play on it, I just need a new PC for gaming, lol.

Just wondering, how long did the install take?

It was surprisingly quick for me, took maybe 15-20 minutes. I wasn't able to connect to the servers though but I had to run to class anyway, so I'll try again when I get home. Probably just over-congestion.

Interesting. I don't know that game. I have Mass Effect: Infiltrator for the iPhone. It's fair for a mobile phone game. I don't think it has a huge affect on readiness though. I think if you three star all the missions you get a war asset. Woooooo

Well... this is curious. I had to search through my purchase history on my phone to find it. It was called "Mass Effect 3 Datapad" - as I now recall, I think it also had the codex in and made entries available to read offline as you unlocked them ingame. Might have had one or two other things in it as well, besides the game.

But when I try to click on it now, I just get a white screen. However, I was able to click on the cloud icon and it started redownloading (I stopped it though - I'm at work and we have data limits here in Oz. I might try and download it fully tonight over wifi). I'm guessing it must have been taken down from the App store now - but still exists in the backend somewhere. I doubt it would still run and link to the game properly, though.

So yeah... looks like Multiplayer is the only option for increasing readiness now.

ETA - if you're curious, you could probably dig up the IGN review of ME3. I'm pretty sure that makes mention of the Datapad and that's how I was aware of its existence

Yep - X1 (Australia region here). Figured Ki must have had the same type of code as you, Bill - but it seems not.

PM sent. Yeah, I waited to make sure my copy was secure before giving anything away. ^_^

It was surprisingly quick for me, took maybe 15-20 minutes. I wasn't able to connect to the servers though but I had to run to class anyway, so I'll try again when I get home. Probably just over-congestion.

Is that for the whole thing, or just the installer? Once you open the client you'll have another 10G download to sit through.

Mine took right around an hour total.

Made a character and played the first mission Now waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can play some more.

Well, since it seems nobody else around here needs a PS4 code, I'm going to unload my extras over at GFAQ's.

PM sent. Yeah, I waited to make sure my copy was secure before giving anything away. ^_^

Is that for the whole thing, or just the installer? Once you open the client you'll have another 10G download to sit through.

Mine took right around an hour total.

Made a character and played the first mission Now waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can play some more.

Yeah mine has been at that download screen for over 2 hours, 75% now. It's Planetside 2 all over again!

How is the game though? From the videos I've seen, it seems very much like a Mass Effect/Borderlands mix (heavy on the BL).

How is the game though? From the videos I've seen, it seems very much like a Mass Effect/Borderlands mix (heavy on the BL).

Yeah, that's basically it, but with MMO elements thrown in. The world isn't fully populated, but you will run into random bands of other players as you explore. You can stick with them and fight together for a while, or you can ignore them and do your won thing. It's great, but I don't even know why - I didn't like Mass Effect or Borderlands, and don't like FPS's in general. But I love this (played the Alpha, so I've already spent a lot of time in there).

Archived