Star Wars: Rebels (the new animated series)

Werthead

Catching up. Not there yet, but I'm enjoying it. Is it wrong I want to see it tie a little more into Clone Wars?

Not at all. I'll be extremely peeved if they don't bring in Ahsoka at some point (ideally as a recurring major character, if not adding her to the actual main cast).

Not at all. I'll be extremely peeved if they don't bring in Ahsoka at some point (ideally as a recurring major character, if not adding her to the actual main cast).

I like that thought, but can you have too many Jedi, particularly five years before Luke comes on the scene?

I like that thought, but can you have too many Jedi, particularly five years before Luke comes on the scene?

Ahsoka isn't a Jedi (in the same way the Inquisitor isn't a Sith), and there really shouldn't be a happy ending for any of the Rebels-era force users - they all need to be thoroughly out of the picture by the time of A New Hope.

Loving it so far. It's like Firefly, but in the Star Wars universe.

Well put. It's definitely a 'kid show' but it's still got enough references to the SW original trilogy and other fun stuff older fans will know (like the Star Tours ship and Paul Reubens "cameo") to keep me eagerly waiting for the next episode. I like how this group seems to be hanging out in one system that's "new" to the TV/Film SW universe. I hope we start to get flashback episodes for our main heroes and villains soon. They kind of revealed how most of the Ghost crew got together through dialogue thus far, but I'd like dedicated episodes for each of the crew.

I would like a dedicated episode for Sabine :blushing:

They had the buddy episode for Sabine and Hera a few weeks back. But yeah, I think they will do a backstory episode/arc for each of the main characters before long, similar to how the last two episodes worked for Ezra.

Also, count me in the group that would like to see Ahsoka, even if it's just for one episode.

• 2 months later...

Have you heard theory that

Lothal will be destroyed in final episode of season? According to the theory

1) Empire wants to completly smash rebels, even by destrying planet

2) Governor Pryce is away from planet for long time

3) Empire is moving academy

4) Empire would send Gtand Mofg Tarkin , one of the most important people in the galaxy to deal with few rebels?

5) Mines of Lothal are empty. In previous episode imperial journalist says "Mines of Lothal are almost.... empty)

6) Base Delta Zero was mentioned http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Base_Delta_Zero

7) It's a show for kids, so bad guys have to do very bad things, they must be completly evil

• 4 weeks later...

Season finale was last night and I'd say it hit all the right notes. Kanan is finally able to shake his guilt of surviving Order 66. The group finally learns they are a part of a larger rebellion and meet it's head, one Bail Organa. And the one everyone was hoping for, Fulcrum is revealed as Ahsoka Tano.

I was a little surprised the Inquisitor died but the ominous appearance of Darth Vader more than made up for it. I think it's clear that he and Tarkin will now be leading the search for the Rebels and I really hope they have secured James Earl Jones for the entire series. He did cameo in the extended series opener.

Season finale was last night and I'd say it hit all the right notes. Kanan is finally able to shake his guilt of surviving Order 66. The group finally learns they are a part of a larger rebellion and meet it's head, one Bail Organa. And the one everyone was hoping for, Fulcrum is revealed as Ahsoka Tano.

I was a little surprised the Inquisitor died but the ominous appearance of Darth Vader more than made up for it. I think it's clear that he and Tarkin will now be leading the search for the Rebels and I really hope they have secured James Earl Jones for the entire series. He did cameo in the extended series opener.

Ashoka's new apperance is terrible. They should have used her older version from visions in "Ghost of Mortis".

if she is older and still alive,

Is Yoda's vision in season 6 ep.12 on Moraband false ?

You can blame that on Lucas. That was his call.

I know. But IMO Korriban was more interesting location. It had history.

Maraband was just created for three episodes of animated series and has no history.

Also I don't like Palpatine's new name. "Shev" sounds like "chef".

Palpatine was mysterious.

Shev of House Palpatine is just EMO teenager.

A couple of thoughts on this series. I've been watching with my kids, and they've enjoyed it, but I have to say that the series as a whole has fell a bit flat for me. Some of my nitpicks:

1) The Inquisitor - They sort of dance around the "rule of 2" by saying he's not a Sith - but let's face it, he has all the makings of a Sith. Why would Vader tolerate his existence? And his spinning lightsaber just seems a bit dumb to me.

2) Ezra's training. Ezra seems pretty good already for only training for a short time with Kanan - who wasn't fully trained himself. Still, in the original movies, Luke had what - a day or two with Obi-Wan, and just a little bit more time with Yoda, so I guess I can't throw too many stones at that glass house.

3) Stormtroopers aim. Ok ok ok - the bad aim of Stormtroopers is sort of a *thing* in the Star Wars universe. But really, on several occasions, there was a squad of Stormtroopers less than 20 feet away from a character, and they all miss.

4) Sabine's acrobatics - this really only stood out in the finale. She was jumping and making moves that a Jedi would find hard to pull off, much less a normal person.

5) Why in the world is a TIE Fighter cockpit so big that several people can stand behind the pilot?!

6) Docking with another ship while in hyperspace?

I guess that's it for my nitpicks - in any case, it hasn't quite lived up to expectations for me. We'll see how it goes from here.

A couple of thoughts on this series. I've been watching with my kids, and they've enjoyed it, but I have to say that the series as a whole has fell a bit flat for me. Some of my nitpicks:

1) The Inquisitor - They sort of dance around the "rule of 2" by saying he's not a Sith - but let's face it, he has all the makings of a Sith. Why would Vader tolerate his existence? And his spinning lightsaber just seems a bit dumb to me.

2) Ezra's training. Ezra seems pretty good already for only training for a short time with Kanan - who wasn't fully trained himself. Still, in the original movies, Luke had what - a day or two with Obi-Wan, and just a little bit more time with Yoda, so I guess I can't throw too many stones at that glass house.

3) Stormtroopers aim. Ok ok ok - the bad aim of Stormtroopers is sort of a *thing* in the Star Wars universe. But really, on several occasions, there was a squad of Stormtroopers less than 20 feet away from a character, and they all miss.

4) Sabine's acrobatics - this really only stood out in the finale. She was jumping and making moves that a Jedi would find hard to pull off, much less a normal person.

5) Why in the world is a TIE Fighter cockpit so big that several people can stand behind the pilot?!

6) Docking with another ship while in hyperspace?

I guess that's it for my nitpicks - in any case, it hasn't quite lived up to expectations for me. We'll see how it goes from here.

In old Star Wars ExpandedUniverse there were many Imperial Inquisitors. Some say Palpatine broke rule of 2 because he had:

- Hands , his personal spies and assasins all of them were force users http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor's_Hand

- Adepts of Dark Side

- Dark Jedi on his service

- other force users

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius

Some Inquisitors were trained by Vader.

Some were trained by Dark Jedi or even Palpatine himself. Vader didn't know much about them.

Vader killed few who were spying on him, like Sa Cuis http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sa_Cuis

I don't know if in "new" disney canon there is only this one Inquisitor or if it's organisation.

For some reason thought that the season was only 8 episodes long. So its pretty cool to realize there were a few more episodes I had missed.

I enjoy it for what it is I've obviously been outside of the target demographic for many years. At least they addressed wait what the hell happened to this character stuff that could have easily been glossed over but I just can't bring myself to care about 95% of the episode one-three stuff.

I keep telling myself that they should bring make Delta Squad and then I have to remember that Delta Squad no longer exists.

I know. But IMO Korriban was more interesting location. It had history.

Maraband was just created for three episodes of animated series and has no history.

Feel free to give Moraband all of Korriban's history or consider Moraband another name for Korriban. Since they are both Mountainous red planets who's most important feature is the Valley of the Dark Lords and were in the past the Homeworld of the Sith.

Were all Yoda's visions on Moraband Sidious' doing?

- Vision of priestesses ?

- Sifo Dyas - from Sidious

- Order 66 - from Sidious?

- Darth Bane?

- Jedi Temple, old times when Qui-Gon lived and Dooku was still a Jedi from Dooku

- death of Ashoka?

- Dark Yoda?

Archived