Superman and Batman: The End of Humor

Rhom

Batfleck looks like a bad photoshop job in that cover. His head looks too big/he has no neck -it's chest then neck.

I kinda thought he was rocking the dadbod in that picture.

If the characters on screen don't feel like Superman and Batman to me what's the point? I'd just be sitting through another tedious CGI action mish mash of a movie full of plot holes, something I don't want to do.

You can only judge a meal after eating it.

You can only judge a meal after eating it.

If someone serves me a steaming pile of poop, I do not have to eat it to know that I don't want to partake. Zach Snider has destroyed the DC characters, and I am one who will not be partaking of this particular entree as well.

I know what ingredients give me heartburn and avoid them though.

I'm going to see this movie eventually. I'm just not going to waste money and time and see it in a theater.

Zach Snyder has lost the ability to stimulate an opinion from me. I will not be seeing this movie in the theatre, and I will not sit through another minute of his work.

Snyder's reputation gets a well unfair kicking. MoS was a mostly excellent film, as was Watchmen even though it ruined the ending. 300 was ridiculous but fun, and I haven't seen it but the Dawn of the Dead remake got good reviews at the time. Sucker Punch was awful and that owl movie didn't appear to impress anyone, but he's got a winning record yet loads of people still react as if he was Uwe Boll every time he makes a new film.

I kinda thought he was rocking the dadbod in that picture.

That works too :)

Do we really need to go over the fact that Snyder is a polarizing director again? It's clear that those who hate him, really hate him across his output (although there's a subsection that hate him just for his comic adaptions which is half of his output anyhow). If that's how someone feels about him I can completely understand their reluctance to watch. If they are fans of Batman and/or Superman I can sort of understand their need to be so active in a thread about a film they are not going to watch as well.

That said it's clear not everyone feels the same way as the vast majority of his films have been successful. It's not like WB are making an insane choice handing these films over to him.

Yeah, agree with Polish here. I'm a bit baffled by the negativity, but oh well :dunno:

I wasn't a big fan of MoS, but it was miles ahead of the repetitive shit that Marvel puts out. At the very least, it had a distinctive style to it, which this movie will share, and something that the other superhero films lack.

Drawkcabi, sure, they might not feel like the same characters to you, but some of us are perfectly okay with seeing something that's different.

I'm fine with seeing something that's different as long as the heart/spirit is there. I've read/watched dozens of different interpretations of Superman and other comic characters that I enjoyed. MOS didn't have any soul to it though so I'm not going back for more...well I'm not paying $11 for it at least.

Snyder's reputation gets a well unfair kicking. MoS was a mostly excellent film, as was Watchmen even though it ruined the ending. 300 was ridiculous but fun, and I haven't seen it but the Dawn of the Dead remake got good reviews at the time. Sucker Punch was awful and that owl movie didn't appear to impress anyone, but he's got a winning record yet loads of people still react as if he was Uwe Boll every time he makes a new film.

This.

IMO Zach Snyder is a very good director (300 is iconic) and the only movie which sucked was Sucker Punch.

I loved Watchmen as a de-mystification of the superhero genre. Sth the great Nolan didnt have the balls to do so despite all "realism", I am talking about The Dark Knight.

Anyway, maybe this movie will be shit but I will wait with my judgment. But as I mentioned earlier: I am not a comic book reader.

If that's how someone feels about him I can completely understand their reluctance to watch.

The thing is, while I get why elements of his style are annoying for people, in general, the problems with his films are different for each one. He doesn't keep making the same cardinal mistakes, Michael Bay style. So what failed for a person for MoS might not even be an issue in the second one.

Also: Batman Begins betrayed the character of Batman far more than anything MoS did in my book, but there wasn't nearly as much of a fuss about that.

This.

IMO Zach Snyder is a very good director (300 is iconic) and the only movie which sucked was Sucker Punch.

I loved Watchmen as a de-mystification of the superhero genre. Sth the great Nolan didnt have the balls to do so despite all "realism", I am talking about The Dark Knight..

To be fair, though, that wasn't really Zach Snyder, that was Alan Moore.

I'm fine with seeing something that's different as long as the heart/spirit is there. I've read/watched dozens of different interpretations of Superman and other comic characters that I enjoyed. MOS didn't have any soul to it though so I'm not going back for more...well I'm not paying $11 for it at least.

That's fair enough! For me, and I'm sure I'm in the minority, I like the tone that they are going for in this film ( call it bleak/ dark/ etc, I like that sort of stuff far more than the stuff we see in avengers, captain america, etc, which in my mind are movies that are pretty forgettable) . We're clearly coming from different places on this - I haven't read a single superman comic and the fidelity to the source material or previous interpretations holds very little weight for me.

Also: Batman Begins betrayed the character of Batman far more than anything MoS did in my book, but there wasn't nearly as much of a fuss about that.

That's funny because Batman Begins is one of my favorite films and a reason is because I felt it was so true to the heart of the Batman character.

The thing is, while I get why elements of his style are annoying for people, in general, the problems with his films are different for each one. He doesn't keep making the same cardinal mistakes, Michael Bay style. So what failed for a person for MoS might not even be an issue in the second one.

I'm a fan of Snyder and I think we're the only two people who think Man of Steel is really good. Snyder's continuous elements are his visuals and slo-mo fighting style (although I can't recall slow-mo fighting in MOS?) - so that could be part of the problem? I know I can't stand Baz Lurman because his viusals give me a sugar headache.

I guess there are more interpretations of Batman for there to be a wider spectrum of "who" he is whereas Superman is usually one type of character (although he was a bit more shady in his first few decades). Spoilers regarding Batman begins and MOS

I think Batman's killing by inaction of Ra's betrays his "I don't kill" far more than Superman's killing which had far higher stakes. I also liked the notion that Superman is responsible for making himself the last son of Krypton. What I didn't like was Pa kent's raising of Clark to the extent he was so paranoid he allowed his dad to die when he could have easily saved him. Although it does explain the movie version's actions

But you can accuse MOS of killing by inaction on a massive scale too.

Batman is also a character that is known to be dark meaning there is far more leeway than there is with superman.

Archived