Doctor Who Series 8; The time of the man that stops the monsters (v2)

Jon's Queen Consort

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who is coming back for Christmas [spoiler]RIVER SONG! http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/river-song-returns-in-2015-christmas-special-75555.htm[/spoiler] That is like fan fictions becoming true. Maybe season 10 companion?

Also The Magician's Apprentice trailer  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI9QwoLX6DE

Oh thank you! So it's Woodkid, I found the voice familiar and now I know why.

A prologue for the season. Short of saying nothing at all, that's about as vague as it could get, I think.

It is vague but I have some ideas what they are talking about. I especially liked his comment about what life is.

Wait a moment;

[spoiler]I noticed that Doctor give the Karnish lady a kind of disk and at the Trailer Missy has the disc. WHAT? Or maybe and more likely Clara has the disc and Missy just explains what it is which would make more sense.[/spoiler]

1&2: “The Magician’s Apprentice” & “The Witch’s Familiar” 
3&4: “Under the Lake” & “Before the Flood”
5: “The Girl Who Died”
6: “The Woman Who Lived”
7&8: “The Zygon Invasion” & “The Zygon Inversion” 
9: “Sleep No More”
10: “Face the Raven” 
11&12: “Heaven Sent” & “Hell Bent” 

• 4 months later...

Ancalagon - I'm probably in a minority in this forum, but I think that this is great news. I liked his sitcom Coupling a lot, though it sometimes didn't know when to quit with its jokes, but Moffat throughout his tenure in Dr Who has been a fairly terrible writer. Flat characterisation, forced humour, overly convoluted or threadbare storylines, awful pacing mixed with pseudo-Hollywood action film pomposity, too many liberties with canon, too much smug progressivism. It's a chore for me to watch most of the episodes since Russell Davies left the programme. For me, this is good news. I loved Chris Chibnall's Life on Mars, and he appears to have admirable 'non Leftist hectoring' credentials, especially given that I find Moffat's progressivism annoying even in Coupling, which is the one thing he wrote that I really like. Chibnall could be the person classic period fans have needed to turn the programme back to the otherworldly feel, strange wit, and darkly satirical qualities we've lacked for many years.

...Moffat's leftist hectoring? 

I'm not the greatest Moffat fan - I have a lot of reservations about his voice and general approach - especially after he started to write episodes and run the show at the same time - however, I'm struggling to recall the 'leftist hectoring'. I see RTD as being a more politically engaged writer. Moffat's writing has mostly seemed to lurk at the edges of fairy tales and be small-c-conservative. Unless I missed the episode where the Doctor chops the Tardis into seven billion pieces, and gives one piece to every human on Earth. 

I admit that I was one of the people who joined the Labour Party to vote for Jeremy Corbyn, so Moffat may just not look very leftist from where I'm standing. 

20 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love StMoffat. Truth be told I don't know about the next Head Writer but I love Moffat.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, as you all probably know by now, we have a new companion !

Question I'm wondering : will she make her debut in the Christmas Special or only in season 10 ?

I guess she'll have her first appearance in the special though : season 10 hasnt started filming and I doubt they'd have shot that small scene just for introducing the companion, so it's likely a extract from the Christmas Special and she's already in ! 

Archived