Eye colour

Arkhangel

That's probably not the best picture to judge from, but I'd probably call it hazel. I do have a pretty wide hazel boundary, though, so others will probably disagree.* There's a little too much obvious mixing to be amber, and the predominant colour isn't green.

For example, I would not call most people's self-described green eyes as green, but hazel, because of the commonly-present amount of colour mix. I also think that it's possible to have hazel eyes that aren't a mix of green and brown, but blue-based, without being something I'd call heterochromatic.

I saw someone with those eyes yesterday, but there was no sunlight, so if its natural colour without sunlight is similar I will go with green (the one I saw yesterday definitely wasn't hazel)

Hard to tell in this case but I'm assuming natural colour would probably be a few shades darker in natural light, so I'll go with hazel.

Interesting, thank you for your opinions. It's my eye, of course - I used to have very dark brown eyes as a little girl, but they seem to be getting a lot lighter and also greeny-ish-er as I get older. My Dad has dark brown eyes, my Mum has sort of greyish greenish blueish. Apparently the genetics of eye colour is way more complicated and interested than the boring Punnett squares we all learned in high school.

Brown eyes.

Direct sun/light makes them look brighter but they're definitely brown.

If you're into the whole "gazillion different colours" you might get a bit more specific, but to me it's just brown.

Interesting, thank you for your opinions. It's my eye, of course - I used to have very dark brown eyes as a little girl, but they seem to be getting a lot lighter and also greeny-ish-er as I get older. My Dad has dark brown eyes, my Mum has sort of greyish greenish blueish. Apparently the genetics of eye colour is way more complicated and interested than the boring Punnett squares we all learned in high school.

My very brown eyes have become lighter and more like hazel as I have gotten older, especially in certain lights. My mom's eyes were very green when she was younger, and now seem more hazel.

as for the picture, hazel

Archived