Requires only that you continue to read this thread: Benjanungate II

Galactus

Fair enough. I'm not interested in punishment, I simply have no issue with it. And frankly, sometimes karma is a hell of a thing.

:agree:

Not often enough, in my opinion (MY opinion, only!)

What I really want though, is for all this garbage to stop, everywhere!

And it being that time of day -- :) :cheers:

I just looked up the Wikipedia definition of dox, and I think the short answer is no, she wasn't. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, no-one's gone round posting details of her location in the real world, where she lives, who she works for, address, bank account, credit cards or social security numbers, things that could, in short, lead to her being materially or physically threatened or harmed - all of which would, of course, be criminally abhorrent acts and deserve redress under law. Linking two online identities is not, however, anything like the same thing (provided of course that doing so doesn't have the same practical effect via known RL details at one or the other online location.) You could argue that the linking has damaged BS's chances as an aspiring writer, but to that I'd say:

You've been "doxxed" more by yourself in this thread then she's been in this whole mess

I always ask myself, WWTKD? What would Takeshi Kovacs do? Make people nervous, gage reactions, and then likely burn everything around him down. The last of that I'm not keen on because I'm really not good at lighting fires, but the rest is an easy guide to better understanding people.

Dear diary,

Yesterday I got into an internet argument with one of my top three authors.

Richard, good meeting you. Love your books, but I still don't think I was that out of line in my initial response.

Haha! And I was part of it too. You're welcome :P

Archived