didnt realise how great this community was.

dread pirate davos

So recently I've been on the halo forums and have experienced similar issues in other forums in the past but the community is just bad. Everyone is so rude to each other, always arguing, never debating and just incapable of having a polite conversation. Here even when we disagree with each other or even GRRM it's always polite, reasonable and mature. Basically without being sappy I've took the great community here for granted and forgot how bad it is everywhere else on the internet. Maybe it's the difference between games and books I don't know but I just want to thank you. I don't expect a reply or discussion I just wanted to say.

Well, we like you as well.

At least until you join the Baratheon Hive Mind.

Listen...just saying... :dunno:

My sister is wise and hits the nail on the head.

Baratheon fans can be quite - unnerving sometimes. Especially those of a certain Baratheon.

But I guess that's pretty normal. We all have our preferences and dislikes.

:cheers:

EDIth makes me add something: I found a lot of fine persons who I call "friends" - and they all have a place in my heart. Regardless of their 'allegiance'.

They come from all over the world, and that's just one thing that's making it very special.

Oh, sure. It's all very pleasant here until you try to leave. Then it's all big deadly balloons.

That we usually drop on our own individual heads! ;) Which reminds...no one has written an extended 'I'm leaving rant' in ages...

Yeah dude I know how you feel. I was on another forum which was a great place til there was a massive argument and there were two sides, the admins/mods and their supporters and the 'rebels' (which I was part of). Then we all left but I decided to let bygones be bygones and went back, we're all cool now but I lost a load of friends from that place. It's sad how petty things can divide us.

Yes we can be polite and hold a decent discussion and all but thanks is due to the mods too who keep an eye on things and make sure things don't get out of hand :) from personal experience I can say that the way mods/admins handle things on a forum can really shape behaviour in a community. If they're reckless and lazy then people are just not gonna bother being polite and throw shit at each other. But if they do their thing then it really helps.

That being said I hope you continue to have a nice time here :D (I'm fairly new-ish myself and I love it here. TTTNE is a very friendly, cosy part of the board if you ever wanna drop by ;) )

Bex - I can fix that ;) but.. I don't wanna leave you guys :crying:

As long as you don't offend certain mods. When they forget they really aren't living in Carealot with Sunshine Bear it's kind of ridiculous. Other than that this board is really great.

Oh noes, you have singled yourself out for the Mailed Iron Fist of Moderation!

O.o

Archived