NBA Regular Season 2014-2015: Injured Kobes and All Star Unibrows

Rhom

Just got a push notification that Kevin Garnett was traded to the TWolves.

Guess that means this'll be the end for him. Have to assume he'll retire at the end of the season now. Sometimes I forget that he's still in the league. Kind of sad to see him come to an end. He changed so much about the era of basketball we live in from the skills we look for in our big men to the kind of talent that winds up in college after entering and succeeding at a young age.

There was a quote I can remember reading from Rudy Tomjanovich about Kevin Garnett back in his heyday. The T-Wolves were coming to Houston for a game and Tomjanovich was asked if they had a gameplan to contain Garnett. He said spmething along the lines of Yeah, we have a plan. We all stand in a circle and join hands, and bow our heads. Then I say 5 Our Fathers.

Thunder made out like bandits, getting Enes Kanter (who has star potential) and Steve Novak (knockdown 3-point guy) for Reggie Jackson and Kendrick Perkins. Only way that doesn't work out as a major win for OKC will be if Westbrook gets hurt.

Isn't Novak terrible currently? He's barely played this year. Singler and Augustine would be more useful IMO. Both are good 3pth shooters, especially Singler (40% this season), something the Thunder really needs. Augustine is a very good backup PG.

What are the Suns doing? That seems like a huge amount of roster turnover for a team that currently has a 1/2 game lead on the final spot in the West. Their coaches have their work cut out for them.

Maybe they decided that without dragic they are better off missing the playoffs? I dunno, strange moves.

Novak shoots threes. That's it. Put him in a system that spreads the floor and he'll knock down open shots. Good little weapon off the bench.

Yep, he fills the role Derek Fisher did the past few years for them.

And Kanter is a massive upgrade over Perkins, who's worthless.

I guess this really is the year of the WestGOAT. Not only did he cut up Reggie Jackson (who got traded later in the day), but he went out and buried the Mavs tonight.

If he didn't miss that stretch of games earlier this year, OKC would've had a better record and I think he'd be right near the front of the MVP race now.

So many trades that I lost track completely, here's an overview:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/tradetracker/nba-trade-tracker-2015

I like what OKC has done, and obviously Miami improved big time here.

However there are rumours Bosh may be out for the season.

Weird move by the Milwaukee Bucks, just traded their best player this year. They seem intent on mediocrity.

Detroit's offloaded a lot of players in 1 day by the way.

Weird move by the Milwaukee Bucks, just traded their best player this year. They seem intent on mediocrity.

Not really. MCW is the same type of triple double threat Jason Kidd was, and under Kidd's tutelage i think we will see him become a much better player. Plus he's got two years left in his rookie deal, while KNight was a FA that the Bucks couldnt convince to sign an extension earlier this year.

Why did Westbrook have beef with Reggie?

There were media reports that he'd been requesting a trade for a while. Suspect that might rankle a bit, especially since for a long time the Thunder locker room was very big on the team-bonding aspect. I guess that could be a bit of a chicken-and-egg scenario though...

I'm quite pleased with the Rockets picking up Prigioni and McDaniels. Prigioni fills a big void in that he is a legitimate PG to backup Beverley (Jason Terry always used to be an SG but has been filling in). McDaniel is a pretty awesome young talent to role the dice on - he's got the defensive prowess already, and with the Rockets he won't be asked to do too much on the offensive end. The Rockets need to take some of the load off Harden and Ariza so he should be getting some minutes in one of the wing spots at some point. Hopefully he works out, but not in a way that means someone comes in with a ludicrous offer for him in RFA.

ST

Actually, just saw this which explains some things. In particular:

Two days before the Thunder's season opener in Portland, Jackson sprained his ankle and missed the team's first two games. In their third game, the Nov. 1 home opener against the Nuggets, Jackson was cleared to play, but according to a source, refused to because of disappointment that he wasn't traded before the Oct. 31 extension deadline for first-round picks entering their fourth season, like Harden before him. Jackson spoke at shootaround that morning, coyly saying he probably wouldn't play that night. Immediately after finishing his session, he grabbed a ball and threw down an impressive drop-step windmill dunk -- in front of reporters and his teammates. Remember: This was when the Thunder were piecing together a roster without Durant and Westbrook, and only had eight active players available.

ST

Reggie quit on the team and was disruptive in his attempts to get traded.

Actually, just saw this which explains some things. In particular:

ST

In the aftermath of that incident, Perk allegedly roughed him up in the locker room a little bit. I'm gonna miss Perk, even if he was super overpaid.

DeAndre Jordan is shooting 40.8% from the line this season , so the Spurs implement the "hack-a-DeAndre" strategy. Now the national media is up in arms demanding a rule change because this is ruining the game. "Let some one else shoot the free-throws" I've heard some of them say.

Here's my suggestion: DEANDRE, MAKE YOUR MOTHAFUCKIN' FREETHROWS!!!

In fairness to DeAndre, I didn't hear him complaining about the Spurs strategy, unlike Shaq,who whined and bitched about it his entire career(and chose the post-game show last night to resume his whining and bitching).

DeAndre Jordan is shooting 40.8% from the line this season , so the Spurs implement the "hack-a-DeAndre" strategy. Now the national media is up in arms demanding a rule change because this is ruining the game. "Let some one else shoot the free-throws" I've heard some of them say.

Here's my suggestion: DEANDRE, MAKE YOUR MOTHAFUCKIN' FREETHROWS!!!

In fairness to DeAndre, I didn't hear him complaining about the Spurs strategy, unlike Shaq,who whined and bitched about it his entire career(and chose the post-game show last night to resume his whining and bitching).

It's why the Clips won't win in the playoffs. One of their key guys can't play the last 6 mins of the game because he can't shoot free throws.

Archived