[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

Great to get another sample chapter! I'll take whatever I can get!

However, while I like the picture accompanying the chapter something just didn't look right. And then it hit me - why would the artist cross Sansa's legs and then paint the feet as if the legs aren't crossed? And, if the legs aren't supposed to be crossed, then that doesn't look right either. Ah well, not a big deal in the grand scheme o' things :dunno:

I enjoyed it.

Shadrich is definitely on to her. I enjoyed his throwaway comment about the gold. Who were the other two knights who entered Littlefinger's service with him at the end of AFFC? Were they involved in this chapter at all?

Yep, Ser Byron and Ser Morgath were there. Sansa danced with both of them briefly

Liked the chapter, was really surprised by it, saw it on Yahoo news feed and thought it was a day old April fools joke until I went to the not a blog and found it.

I like this Sansa much more, seeing her grow and learn, being more confident. Strangely liked SW a little more, very little.

I also think this was released due to the plot line in AGOT showing Vale knights in Winterfell. Maybe the series will have it backwards and the tourney is at Winterfell for Ramsey and "Arya"?

She hasn't betrayed anyone yet. I think this time she'll catch on to it in time.

No, she hasn't, and to give Lf credit here, she's doing great. The tournament was her idea--he lets her call the shots. She thinks that when she tells LF about Clove and Cinnamon, he'll howl--he appreciates her humor. She spent thousands of pages being called dumb as a stump by Cersei, and now she's free enough to joke, flirt, act for herself, and when Harry comments that she's clever, she doesn't disagree. She now knows she's clever. LF is an asshole and killed her daddy, but he seems to have done wonders about her self esteem.

You realize hoarding the grain would save the Vale when winter comes. Selling it all will kill them since we know this is THE WINTER.

There is a difference between 'storing up for winter' and 'hoarding to inflate prices and make much money off of starving people' which is the vibe I got from LF. YMMV but he's not hoarding for just for winter storage. Plus, by not selling off what there may be above and beyond winter needs, he may be trying to create artificial shortages.

There is a difference between 'storing up for winter' and 'hoarding to inflate prices and make much money off of starving people' which is the vibe I got from LF. YMMV but he's not hoarding for just for winter storage. Plus, by not selling off what there may be above and beyond winter needs, he may be trying to create artificial shortages.

I hadn't thought of that before - it makes perfect sense. He's manipulating the market. Rather than advising the other lords on basic good business practices, he's forcing a change in supply and demand.

If so, it's an artificial shortage that will mostly be bad for those who are selling off early... which he is telling them not to. The ones who will sell off are the LD, who are his enemies.

Why wouldn't he (or anyone in his position) use that opportunity to make his enemies indebted to him + weakening them economically?

First chapter we meet her, about Jon 'He's just jealous because he's a bastard'. And Jon was clearly hurt by Sansa singling him out in the family constantly. He can't just be her brother, its always with that bastard caveat.

Sansa was a sheltered, 11 year old girl under her Mother's influence. She's learned a lot since then and has a broader perspective on what it means to be a bastard now that she is playing one.

Harry the Horrible is a grown ass man and should know better.

I posted some thought on my tumblr thing, in case anyone cares.

Good stuff. A couple quibbles; she shows exactly as much concern for making women like Cersei and Lysa like her, saying the right things, stressing over their reactions, etc. I don't think her charm is supposed to be her weapon armour against men, but against the world in general. Gender chooses the arms, not the target imo.

So Harry's lover Saffron's father is the richest man in Gulltown. 'A fortune in spices' means he has been trading with Braavos. And his daughter is more precious to him than gold. So what will he do to make her happy? Employ a faceless assassin to kill her rival in love, Alayne Stone.

No, she hasn't, and to give Lf credit here, she's doing great. The tournament was her idea--he lets her call the shots. She thinks that when she tells LF about Clove and Cinnamon, he'll howl--he appreciates her humor. She spent thousands of pages being called dumb as a stump by Cersei, and now she's free enough to joke, flirt, act for herself, and when Harry comments that she's clever, she doesn't disagree. She now knows she's clever. LF is an asshole and killed her daddy, but he seems to have done wonders about her self esteem.

On the other hand, if it hadn't been for LF, Sansa wouldn't have gone to KL and spent a couple of years as an abused hostage there, being called stupid and having to pretend to be meek, but would be leading a happy life in Winterfell with her family and household, so there would have been no need to help her self-esteem as it wouldn't have suffered to begin with.

Well, while there was no kiss, this suggestion for what the controversy was wins the internet award based on what Ran said which started this whole thing in the first place:

"the sexuality appears without anything like even a passing nod to a certain other character often connected to Sansa."

Good work WoW! :cheers:

Ran has some pretty funny ideas about what "sexuality" and "controversy" means.

^^^^Hos, not a bad leap you made there! It would be a reason for Arya meeting Sansa, and Arya wouldn't "know" Alayne. Although I get the feeling Arya is not going to complete her FM training and may be out entirely based on her Mercy chapter.

So Harry's lover Saffron's father is the richest man in Gulltown. 'A fortune in spices' means he has been trading with Braavos. And his daughter is more precious to him than gold. So what will he do to make her happy? Employ a faceless assassin to kill her rival in love, Alayne Stone.

I don't think that likely, but it's possible I guess :dunno: Could be a way for Arya to return to Westeros... After all, she doesn't know any "Alayne Stone" :P

Will have to read a few more times before I post thoughts other than this - I love how the "tapestry" theories were smashed with this chapter. I look forward to more of the same. "theories" have become both my favorite and most hated thing about this site.

There's definitely been some time in between that last chapter of hers and this one, a few months perhaps? So it doesn't surprise me that she seems to be more into her "Alayne" persona, confidence and all. Didn't seem odd to me in the least.

Also I love how everyone always checks out her tits, lol.

And a lot don't have that many other options, at least at first, even though it's hardly the best one. Even Dany had to get on Drogo's good side first and learn some sex tricks for the purpose. My point is that I won't mind it, as long as it's only a stepping stone to better/more reliable sources of power.

A lot men don't have all options either. I didn't say you have access to everything at once.

Will have to read a few more times before I post thoughts other than this - I love how the "tapestry" theories were smashed with this chapter. I look forward to more of the same. "theories" have become both my favorite and most hated thing about this site.

There's definitely been some time in between that last chapter of hers and this one, a few months perhaps? So it doesn't surprise me that she seems to be more into her "Alayne" persona, confidence and all. Didn't seem odd to me in the least.

Also I love how everyone always checks out her tits, lol.

What were the tapestry theories? With all the crackpots around here, I seems to have missed that one.

Archived