What will you stand in line for?

litechick

I'll stand in line for the ATM.

It's quicker if you stand in a circle. NSFW

That way the receiver can take one penis in the mouth and one in the ass at a time. Sure, the first half a rotation doesn't involve any actual ass to mouth action, but it's still more fun than standing around waiting.

NSFW

I avoid crowded restaurants, abhor the sort of nightclubs which have lines of people waiting to be judged on whether they are cool enough to enter, and would never wait in the cold to get a new X-Box or Krispy Kreme doughnut.

However, I have waited long periods of time to enter a general admission concert, ride a roller coaster, and on more than one occasion I did attend a midnight release party for a Harry Potter book.

How about you? What is worth the wait? When is the wait part of the celebration? What do you think is really stupid to stand in line for?

Roller coasters are one of the only things I will voluntarily stand in a long line for. I don't go to amusement parks often, but when I do I want to ride the newest / best roller coaster that they have. Last time I went was a couple years ago - Kings Dominion outside of Richmond, Virginia. They have one there called the Intimidator and, holy shit, I had to ride it twice. A couple of my friends stood in line for it three times that day, but that was one time beyond my threshold for line standing.

I don't think I've ever stood in line specifically for some movie/game/book/album release or any concert or exhibition sort of thing. Mostly I'll just stand in line for the necessities. Usually every government office has a line of some sort (though the number system with plenty of seats makes DMV visits a lot more manageable, can knock out an entire novella that way). I try to purposely go places that usually have lines during times when the lines will be very limited. So yeah, I'll stand in line for things I need if I have no other choice but I'm unlikely to really stand in line for non-necessities.

If I'm in a country where queuing isn't typical, then it's a different story. If I feel I can wiggle and elbow my way to the front without being crushed, I'll do it even if it's for nothing more than a kimchi ice cream.

I've never understood the whole "British always queue" thing. So what does everyone else do, just pile on top of each other? :dunno:

But yeah, I queue for anything and everything. Coffee. Buses, to get on the tube/overground. To get into a club. In terms of queueing for hours to get a new product...no, probably wouldn't do that. I'm not one for having the latest gizmos and gadgets, and as for new books, well that is the beauty of e-readers :) Never been to a book signing before, there are probably some authors I would wait in line for to sign a book.

I've never understood the whole "British always queue" thing. So what does everyone else do, just pile on top of each other? :dunno:

Yeah, that bit is funny. I mean, people in every other country I've ever been to queue up as well.

Pfft, e-readers. There's no way I'm reading TWOW on an e-reader.

Yeah, that bit is funny. I mean, people in every other country I've ever been to queue up as well.

Pfft, e-readers. There's no way I'm reading TWOW on an e-reader.

yeah, thats what I was thinking.

And enjoy battling the hordes whilst I sit in a comfortable chair working my way through it :p

You haven't been to China then. My British sensibilities took quite a battering while I queued politely as everyone else happily barged to the counter ahead of me, for ages, until I finally took the hint and got my elbows into play. Don't take this for granted!

You haven't been to China then. My British sensibilities took quite a battering while I queued politely as everyone else happily barged to the counter ahead of me, for ages, until I finally took the hint and got my elbows into play. Don't take this for granted!

This sounds bizarre and horrid to me. I don't think I could cope with that :(

Standing in line isn't really a thing in a lot of the world. A lot of Asia has a really strong "batter your way to the front" culture, for example. Of course, queuing still exists in some places, but for a lot of one's daily stuff, there is no line.

Archived