What are you listening to? XVIII: Rock me sexy R&B Jesus

all swedes are racist

Been listening to the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion soundtrack all day on repeat whilst writing an essay hahahahaa

Great choice! RPG soundtracks are typically superb thinking/writing/working music. :thumbsup:

Have you listened to Courtney Barnett at all?

I know this question wasn't addressed to me but... I've listened to her new album about a half a dozen times through already. It's astoundingly good.

I didn't know of Courtney Barnett or had heard any of her music until this morning on my drive into work. I happened onto one of her songs while flipping through my SXM channels and was instantly hooked. Will definitely be checking out her album!

I listened to Courtney Barnett most of the afternoon yesterday - good, good, stuff. Thanks for the rec., Mr. X!

My pleasure! :)

To carry on the Courtney Barnett love in, my second favorite song off the new album: Depreston

Beautiful lyrics, melancholic in the best possible sense.

That is such a gorgeous song. I wouldn't expect lyrics about real estate to be catchy, but I've been singing the last line of that song over and over the past few days.

Not sure I could pick a favorite song yet....

Explosions in the Sky - Yasmin the Light;

Probably my favourite track of Explosions. To be listened loud.

Mogwai - Ma Father, My King;

I was always wondering how could anybody call their music "post" rock. There's nothing "post" in their rock.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Moya;

Because it's just awesome!

I picked up the new Modest Mouse release and have given it just one listen. My initial reaction is that it's OK if you like their style but that it's not as good as their previous few records, so it's a bit of a disappointment in that sense. The reviews on metacritic seem to be pretty meh overall too.

I must sound like a broken record in here but for the sake of about £3 the new standalone Warpaint singe is worth your time. 'No Way Out'. 3 tracks on it. All wonderful.

Proper good stuff

of Black that Pearl Jam did back in 92. This peppered in with tons of Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney etc. I haven't listened to this much grunge since I was 14.

I seriously love me some Nirvana and Alice in Chains. I have an undying love for Jerry Cantrell.

Archived