Daenarys controversial but Stannis isn't?

This is a little silly, I don't think there is a single character that ISN'T controversial, at least when it comes to these boards.

Honestly, the only reason that Dany is more "controversial" as you see it is because Stannis is portrayed as unlikable and controversial from the very start. Although she's made mistakes, I think most of us can agree she's still a hero/protaganist. Speculation on her future role is really fascinating, while most people here assume that Stannis is just going to die.

As for the extremists on both sides, don't listen to them. You know what you like, so don't give your time and attention to erratic people with ridiculous ideas.

Stannis might have arrive in DS late on purpose. Unlike Tywin or even Robert B, Stannis has more of a problem harming kids.He was pressure into the attempt to burn Edric. He also didn't punish Davos or any of the Knights involved in shipping Edric. If he did purposely arrive late to save two kids,would Dany see Stannis in a diffrent light.

Chaining dragons up isn't very good for their health, (just look at Drogon compared to Viserion) so I understand why Dany was hesitant.

She clearly wasn't taking responsibility of her three little monsters. Say what you will about the Starks, they at least trained their wolves.

She clearly wasn't taking responsibility of her three little monsters. Say what you will about the Starks, they at least trained their wolves.

I do agree that locking the dragons up was the best course of action, I only said that I understand why she was hesitant to do that.

I think the reason people who really know the books like Stannis more or as you say, "give him a pass" is because he is completely honest about who he is and what his deal is.

He doesn't go around like, "You are all free! Free to kill and die where and when I tell you to!"

Stannis is just like, "I am the king. I do some nasty shit because kings have to do nasty shit. If you don't like it TS."

I guess what I am trying to say is Stannis is honest in his brutality, and Daenerys tries to act like she is some altruistic messiah figure when she is just the new boss same as the old boss.

I think the reason people who really know the books like Stannis more or as you say, "give him a pass" is because he is completely honest about who he is and what his deal is.

He doesn't go around like, "You are all free! Free to kill and die where and when I tell you to!"

Stannis is just like, "I am the king. I do some nasty shit because kings have to do nasty shit. If you don't like it TS."

I guess what I am trying to say is Stannis is honest in his brutality, and Daenerys tries to act like she is some altruistic messiah figure when she is just the new boss same as the old boss.

I like this. Its like you have bits of my brain

Not really no. They gave a toddler a dire wolf. Which then went around biting people, including Maester Luwin.

What a load of shit. So because I like Dany more than Stannis I don't "really know the books"? Give me a break.

What a load of shit. So because I like Dany more than Stannis I don't "really know the books"? Give me a break.

Mellow, take a pill. You'll live longer.

Book fans, people who really know the books tend to like Stannis.

Show fans, people who really know the show, tend to be Dany fans.

Thats all I meant.

Thats all I meant.

This forum is an extremely small percentage of the fans of the books. And "Stannis the Mannis" fans are just more vocal around here.

Besides with him bsing all the time about his ambitions.

and here i am...sniffing through your thread...making my mark and leaving logic in my wake...

:agree:

We don't fully understand Stannis' internal motivation, and it is incorrect to assume that his motives are always pure and just, it is equally incorrect to believe they are always selfish. It is especially ironic because nobody is a fan of only POV characters, and any character who isn't a POV character can by that methodology of character be judged to be entirely morally bankrupt, regardless of their actions.

what the fuck are you saying? :shocked:

Chaining dragons up isn't very good for their health, (just look at Drogon compared to Viserion) so I understand why Dany was hesitant.

chaining any pet is a violation of the loving pet - owner pact...i shall do no harm to my pet...means i won't chain you up in a dark hole...

This is a little silly, I don't think there is a single character that ISN'T controversial, at least when it comes to these boards.

<snip>

i agree most of the comments north of the wall are silly....but you are right, few characters are spared from controversy here in westeros....

Thats all I meant.

book fans are not prone to loving stannis...boarders are...

...and show fans love dany because she looks better on screen, clothed and naked...than the useless baratheon brother...

This forum is an extremely small percentage of the fans of the books. And "Stannis the Mannis" fans are just more vocal around here.

i agree stannis fans are vocal but do not agree forum is small % of book fans...do the math...before hbo show there were many fans already going strong here in westeros....

of course these are just the mussings of an old salty asshole...feel free to disagree...

:smoking:

show fans love dany because she looks better on screen, clothed and naked...than the useless baratheon brother...

Pretty much. That and they kind of whitewash her more vicious moments.

I read an article a little while back where the actress was doing live theatre that involved her being completely naked for like a second. Apparently the crowd would just erupt in a thundering chorus of *clickclick* as Iphones and such snapped pictures of her in the buff. Everyone knew when it was coming and these guys were like waiting 2 hours for 1 second of her naked. This in a theatre where photos are banned.

and here i am...sniffing through your thread...making my mark and leaving logic in my wake...

what the fuck are you saying? :shocked:

chaining any pet is a violation of the loving pet - owner pact...i shall do no harm to my pet...means i won't chain you up in a dark hole...

i agree most of the comments north of the wall are silly....but you are right, few characters are spared from controversy here in westeros....

book fans are not prone to loving stannis...boarders are...

...and show fans love dany because she looks better on screen, clothed and naked...than the useless baratheon brother...

i agree stannis fans are vocal but do not agree forum is small % of book fans...do the math...before hbo show there were many fans already going strong here in westeros....

of course these are just the mussings of an old salty asshole...feel free to disagree...

:smoking:

These books have sold millions of copies, and been on best seller lists. Only a small percentage of those readers are present on online forums. Most are just casual fans I would think.

Not really no. They gave a toddler a dire wolf. Which then went around biting people, including Maester Luwin.

Ummm isn't Nymeria wondering around with her giant pack killing everything in sight? Oh and Ghost tried to bite Jon last time we saw him and Bran is forcing Hodor to be his puppet and Arya is an assasin, and Sansa is working with the guy who framed her father and started the war between then and the Starks, and Jon became so loved his own people stabbed him.

As for Stannis he lies to himself all the time. Stannis went to do the right thing at the wall, then he went to do something else. Not that he had any options before that.

Archived