The Complete Winds of Winter Resource v. 2

BryndenBFish

GRRM is not writing A DREAM OF SPRING alongside of THE WINDS OF WINTER.

In Bubonicon you said you were writing the two last books ("I am writing both last book right now" here: [Link to the website] Does that mean you've written a chapter of 'A Dream os spring'?

GRRM: No. And I don't believe I said that. If I did, I misspoke.

Except, it probably is true. Other than Storm to Feast I think he's written chapters for the next book unintentionally, they just get moved by editors or himself. Like this Mercy chapter he's been working on since Feast, is for Winds.

So, now, he isn't writing Dream, but he is writing material that may end up in Dream.

I read somewhere that at the Sasquan science fiction convention nearly two weeks ago, George R.R. Martin read an Arianne chapter.Is it from those we know?

This was posted earlier

Based on a report from someone there, the reading at Worldcon in Spokane today (Thursday) is an Arianne chapter that we have had before.  

Not sure at this point if it is the one that was published on GRRM's website, or the Arianne chapter that was read at an earlier con.

Except, it probably is true. Other than Storm to Feast I think he's written chapters for the next book unintentionally, they just get moved by editors or himself. Like this Mercy chapter he's been working on since Feast, is for Winds.

So, now, he isn't writing Dream, but he is writing material that may end up in Dream.

This is always my hope, that he's a lot farther along with the saga and it's moving the important chapters around that takes the time with re writes etc. but uh...yeah. We'll see.

This is always my hope, that he's a lot farther along with the saga and it's moving the important chapters around that takes the time with re writes etc. but uh...yeah. We'll see.

The only really solid confirmation of anything we have ever gotten, is 200 pages in a "more or less finished" state and 168 pages submitted to the editor.  Anything beyond that is hope.  If he were to announce today he had 800 pages written, I would consider that very happy news, and even 600 pages would assuage my worst fears.  But I think most here would be disappointed, what with these fantasies about his already being deep into Book 7.

Alejo Cuervo, GRRM's Spanish publisher, said the following today on Spanish Radio (Link is currently down)

"They have promised us that they will be sending the manuscript before the publication date in English, so there won't be much difference. It will definitely be next year [2016]. Well, let's see, a meteorite could fall..."

So we now know two things:

(1) Book 6 is about as likely in 2016 as a meteor strike.

(2) The translator will get it before we do.

Well, as for point 2... that's usually how that works once foreign rights have been sold. Especially given the time it takes to translate a book of that size and scope, the English version will be out long before the Spanish.

And Point 1? ::Laughcries::

Sure.  In other words, we didn't learn much.

I beg to differ. If the source is genuinely the Spanish publisher, "Definitely" receiving a manuscript in 2016 is indeed a step up from "Hope to receive it."

However, I'm going to wait until the source is completely verified and check the actual statement to see why they are so certain of this. 

Archived