[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XII - New direction

Mladen

It appears to me Sansa is maybe going to be a combo of fAyra and perhaps Wyman Manderly too. Maybe the Vale fakes their loyalty to Bolton and a skirmish of some sort still ends with Theon rescuing Sansa? If Ramsay doesn't give her to his dogs then he'll probably haveher eating her fingers off like that Hornwood? wife he had.

Another pissed reader raising their hand!

To me it would be very interesting if she was to meet Mormont ladies. I wouldn't want to see Manderly cut out,Frey pies were epic and I don't see Sansa pulling them off.

I also like this...itd be really nice, especially if the note to Stannis about only recognizing a Stark actually happens...

I dont mind Sansa being fArya and taking a portion of that role-not marrying Ramsay but distracting him, but I am definitely in the majority of not understanding LF tkaing the chess piece of all chess pieces, Sansa Stark back to her home in WF and possibly marrying her off to a monster after everything she went through with Joffrey..I think through the Boltons LF and Sansa could find out Rickon and Bran are still alive

I could see though LF attempting to use all of this and use her in a revenge way as a way of indebting her to him even more..that he motivates her and helps her kill the Boltons so that she'll see him as her hero and love him

Of course, if she is fArya, then its the show's attempt for Theon to become the saviour of Sansa and redeem himself

So fingers crossed shes in WF to be Manderly and not fArya

He won't. Otherwise he won't be able to whine.

Maybe I'm the only one here who watched the trailer. But here comes. Beware, this shows spoilers from the season 5 trailer

Littlefinger will tell Sansa to avenge her family.

Now think about it.

And tell how being removed from Winterfell by Theon helps her in that regards.

Sansa is turning into a grown woman. And as such, she'll be fighting her own battles. Stannis won't give her the North. Theon won't rescue her as a maiden in distress. If she meets Brienne, she'll tell her off. She will probably be delivering Manderly's "The North Remembers" speech. She will have Myranda sent away or, more likely, killed in some horrific fashion. And she will get Winterfell by herself or die trying.

I'll let you to your whining.

Being your own agent and destroy the Boltons from within does not necessarily mean she won't accept help from Theon at WF, or might even help Stannis to conquer the Boltons from within. It doesn't mean you have to do it all on your own. The point is that there are enough characters already at or going to WF to disrupt any actual wedding taking place.

Well, from the trailers I'm convinced she's in the Winterfell, so I guess this is what this topic is about? I don't know if we can discuss about this, we really need to wait and see where they're taking it. I doubt they're replacing Jeyne Poole with Sansa, I simply don't see them having the courage to show everything with one of the main cast. Probably some of the horrible things will happen to Myranda. But otherwise I'm guessing that it will play out more or less the same: Theon will save her and take her to Stannis. For Theon's arc it will be an improvement, it will pack a stronger punch.... but what about Sansa??? All her political savy gone if she gets brutalized by Ramsay. What exactly is the plan?? How is it in her or LF's interest??? I simply don't understand it.... not that I would be surprised if it simply didn't make sense. Theon was always one of their favorite arcs, alongside Tyrion's and Cersei's.

You've got the pieces but you haven't put it together. I think they do go through with Sansa marrying Ramsay. The awful things will happen to Myranda; we saw from a season (or 2) ago what happens to the girls once Ramsay gets tired of them (he sent the dogs on that blonde girl). Sansa will see then use her newly found political savvy to escape before he can. It's a lot like the Queen of Thornes, Joffrey didn't have to personally attack Margaery for her to know he was a monster.

So I think this confirms for book readers that Harry Hardyng is probably an asshole.

Well count me in the <I'm pissed book reader> group.

I don't care for this turn of events at all. I understand that Sansa sittng in Vale,pretending she's someone else, attending to tantrums of the worst child in Westeros isn't compelling television but this is just not my cup of tea.

Why on Earth would LF do this? What could he possibly gain from this arrangement. He wants to be the man behind the girl, if he gives her to the Boltons he loses whatever power he has. It's different with HtH. He has no one and with him she gains both North and Vale and he's going to be right there behind her with no one to stop him to either whisper in her ear or get rid of HtH and take her for himself. How could that be even remotely possible with Roose and Ramsay. What, she'll get North if she marries Ramsay?...she already has claim she doesn't need any of them. Why? LF thinks he'll get rid of them easy??? It just makes no sense. I'm seriously asking,what would be his angle in this? Does he need to be on good terms with the Boltons? If yes why? Gimme theories ppl!!

I prefer the idea that she's visiting other lords from the north gathering her supporters like someone mentioned.

There there Koba, there there :grouphug: With copious amounts of wine,mwe'll make it through this,mI know we will...

*holds out wine glass*

Im not kosher with this shit either. Putting Sansa in the path of the nastiest fucker on Westeros is just... Like what? How is this even coherent plot writing? I get the idea that LF is so confident on his hold of Sansa, that he feels he can put her in this situation and they both come out on top. (and he controls Sansa in the meantime.) But Ramsay is so freaking dangerous and notorious for breaking his toys, that this is just needless and quite frankly, stupid as fuck. LF going "play him like the fiddle" is just not...

Ragemelons.

Being your own agent and destroy the Boltons from within does not necessarily mean she won't accept help from Theon at WF, or might even help Stannis to conquer the Boltons from within. It doesn't mean you have to do it all on your own. The point is that there are enough characters already at or going to WF to disrupt any actual wedding taking place.

Oh, she will need help - she can't do it on her own. It's just that one thing is to enlist people to help her to take down the Boltons and another to have her as a helpless maiden in distress. I doubt it will be the later case.

I'm really interested about what happens the moment Sansa recognizes Theon

I guess it would be sweet if they were actually going to Casterly Rock :lol: Yo people,this i my crib now, gimme some lemoncakes pronto.

Where else could she possibly go? Riverlands?

I wish you were writing this segment of the story. Why not Casterly Rock? Tis All :lmao:

I'm reserving judgement for now. I thought LF had a boat? Why not take a boat to the North? Also, how is she safe from Cersei in the North? Doesn't Cersei have freinds in the North? If Bolton marries her to Ramsy and she has a child, why does he need her anymore? Why not sell her out to Cersei at that point? Then there is the marriage to Tyrion, which would be a problem, she is married all ready.Not that there aren't answeres to some of these question but it seems like it'll end up be being a little convuluted.

If Sansa is headed to Winterfell I might actually stop watching. That would just be sloppy writing.

It would make absolutely zero sense for Petyr to ship Sansa off to the Boltons. It would be his downfall.

Based on the trailers and all the preseason interviews, Sansa's a lock for getting raped and tortured this season by Ramsay, although with Mance seemingly dead, she'll probably have to save herself.

Based on the show and the story they are telling, as well as on interviews and on trailers, Sansa's a lock for getting to be the agent of her own destiny. From the look of things, it's more about Sansa becoming her own character (Sophie said she's still a prisoner, yet she's on control) and about reclaming what is hers. I see no rape indication, especially when Sophie said her traumatic scene was a 5/6. Do you consider a 5/6 a rape scene?

What's the significance of taking her out of the reach of Cersei if it's just to go to the North? That is very much within her realm of influence currently.

Exactly. There are Boltons there. The Vale is far, far safer. Even if someone from Royce's household is a snitch and tells Cersei, as LF says, they would still have to invade the Vale and risk a rebellion

Thanks, that is a relief. Truely. She should not have to, her carreer is taking off rather well so I hope she preserves her dignity throughout it.

doing nudity doesn't damage your dignity, doing BS idiotic things outside your job or home does, Lindsey Lohan, Kardashien ?( take your pick), Paris Hilton, Justin B, etc.

If done in good taste and scene actually needs it fine.

I never been a huge fan of Sansa but if this is the way they are going with her story line I'm pretty pissed. This is just terrible and most importantly is it makes little sense.

The only thing I can think of that may actually work is Sansa seduces Ramsey so thoroughly that he become her "attack dog" if you will. This isn't Ramsey Bolton though. If he wants a woman bad enough he will just rape them and kill anyone that has a problem with it. He isn't smitten by women and ready to be submissive to them.

This whole Sansa storyline is a mess. Hopefully they don't muck up the other storylines also. I've got a really bad feeling about this season. Right now I feel like this is some bad fan fiction.

Archived