What Are You Listening To - Vol. XIX "The Music of the Night"

King Tyrion I

I found a vinyl store in Houston and have picked up some awesome George Jones albums as well as a Buck Owens that has the funniest cover I think I've ever seen. Good times.

oooh Which Buck Owens cover is it? My dad liked Buck, so I have some of his albums. He and Don Rich were amazing together in the old days. I hate that people always just think he is ridiculous because he was on Hee Haw. Some of his early stuff with Rich is incredible.

I also have quite a few George Jones albums as well from my Dad. They have right much age on them and were long before he was married to Tammy. Really great stuff and not the overblown pop music with a hick accent that country music is today.

oooh Which Buck Owens cover is it? My dad liked Buck, so I have some of his albums. He and Don Rich were amazing together in the old days. I hate that people always just think he is ridiculous because he was on Hee Haw. Some of his early stuff with Rich is incredible.

I also have quite a few George Jones albums as well from my Dad. They have right much age on them and were long before he was married to Tammy. Really great stuff and not the overblown pop music with a hick accent that country music is today.

It's his album "The Palm of Your Hand" and he's sitting on a giant hand. It's pretty funny. Plus, the album is good - I love me some Buck. You are so right about his stuff - it was good. And I like watching Hee Haw now - Roy Clark was an exceptional musician. Yeah, the humor is hokey, but there were a lot of truly stellar musicians on there, and seeing some of the performers is like opening a time capsule of the 70s.

George Jones! Good, good stuff. I cannot listen to the country music of today, or at least the mainstream. I do listen to tons of Americana music. That's where the talent is. If you haven't checked out Leann Womack's latest album, do it asap - it's amazing. Here's the title track - The Way I'm Livin.

Archived