My theory on Ramsey and Sansa

TheStarryOne

Ramsey doesn't care. He still showed an affinity for flaying people alive even though he's now technically a Bolton.

Remember how he treated his former Dustin wife? While the north doesn't hold the Dustins in quite the same regard as the Starks, they still consider him a monster for what he did to her. If he tried/tries any if that nonsense with Sansa, shit will go down.

Agreed, and its not so much that Ramsay doesn't care. Its just what he is. He's a lunatic and doesn't act rationally.

Unfortunately, this doesn't bode well for Sansa, but like you, I suspect that mistreatment and torture of Sansa will be the final straw that unites the north against the Boltons.

Let me add a few more things:

Lady (Fake) Arya being a Stark did not keep Ramsay from terrorizing her, so by all psychotic logic in Ramsay's mind, her name won't keep Sansa safe.

Littlefinger just told Roose Bolton that Tyrion did not consummate the marriage so Sansa is free by the law of land(?). I believe this was supposed to settle the annulment issue.

Ramsay promised Littlefinger he wouldn't hurt Sansa just too many times to believe.

At this point I don't see how the writers of the show could pull off Sansa Marrying Ramsay AND not getting hurt. THAT would collide with all common sense and character traits and original plot and show plot and all the hints they dropped so far.

It will be crying episode and I'm already stocking up tissue paper but at this point I think it's totally inevitable and straightforward. But this is D&D so maybe they will once again go fuck logic and Sansa will be fine.

@william campbell if Sansa has Ramsay wrapped around her finger, she shall cease to be Sansa and we have one Margaery already.

I hate teaser chapters. I hate them more than the most hated show changes.

I think you are keying in on why Sansa fans might think that chapter is controversial. But I think it's safe to say that there was a reason that Sansa chapter was released right before the season started. The show used elements from the unreleased Arya chapter from last year, so it makes sense that they would be using some from the Sansa chapter this season. I can't know for sure, but I believe Sansa is going be a player in love this season and that ol' flaying bastard Ramsey is out of his league.

I guess that, instead of being tortured, she will have to watch someone getting tortured. It will be her "wedding gift" by Hannib- I mean, Ramsay. Probably the victim will be Myranda or even Theon.

Probably Myranda will be pissed about the wedding and try to do something to Sansa, or even suggest something nasty to Ramsay. He will pretend to agree with her, take her to the room, get his sharp blades, call Sansa, then say: "Look, fiancee... she said bad things about you. This is what happens when someone talks ill of my future wife.". Poor Sansa will have to pretend she is fine with it (she learned enough with Margaery) and even enjoy, but will be terribly traumatized when she realizes that she ended up bethroted to another sadistic monster. Let's see how she deals with it this time.

I think you are keying in on why Sansa fans might think that chapter is controversial. But I think it's safe to say that there was a reason that Sansa chapter was released right before the season started. The show used elements from the unreleased Arya chapter from last year, so it makes sense that they would be using some from the Sansa chapter this season. I can't know for sure, but I believe Sansa is going be a player in love this season and that ol' flaying bastard Ramsey is out of his league.

I hope you're right. Sansa as damsel in distress is done. She has agency now.

If so I will be happy for Sansa not getting raped and I will hate the concept of teaser chapters even more.

This little fabricated story line, for some reason, seriously ground my gears... I will refrain from elaborating because this is not the book forum. But le me just say that this season has made it so much easier to not worry about the show spoiling the books. :bang:

POSSIBLE SPOILER?

Sorry to break it to you, but based on an interview with Sophie Turner she is very likely being raped by a combination of Ramsay/Theon, as Farya was in the books. There is an interview where she mentions filming a rape scene in front of her parents who came to visit the set on that day.

Ramsay will not change, i think this plot could go one of two ways

1)same as book and Ramsay completely terrorises Sansa (it might be a stupid thing politically to do but he did the same to Farya in the books without reprecussion)

2) she plays him and manages to get him in her power

For the sake of plot, i hope it is the first, Ramsay is so crazy i dont think anyone should be able to control him, his own father cant and he idolizes him. I think it would slow down Sansa's character development which for me was far too instantaneous last season, she just completely changed personality in the space of an episode pretty much, though i still hope they keep something to show that she is still a smart person.

Think Theon plays a similar role as in the books by rescuing her, and maybe Brienne and Pod end up doing what Mance does, would make sense especially if LF is out of WF soon.

If you read the whole article, they also say that the conclusion to this storyline won't necessarily be the same as in the books. Sansa = FArya's role, but not FArya's fate.

Excellent point. I think far too many people are reading way more into that article than is necessary. There's also a whole lot of wild speculation going on based on a few casual remarks by the actors that could mean anything, really. I think people are freaking out about this a tad much. I get it that a lot of people would prefer they kept to the book plots. If it's too much for you, stick to the books and don't watch the show. But why rant on and on about it week after week? Plenty here (including the guy previous to me) have said they have had enough. I respect that. I do not want to discuss the potential 'rape scene' and the fact some here continue to obsess about that is a little disturbing to be honest. The political ramifications of Roose and Littlefinger's plan they are hatching is far more interesting to the bigger picture.

Sansa's fate will not end up the same way on the show as Jeyne Poole's did in the book as fArya is my bet as well.

POSSIBLE SPOILER?

Sorry to break it to you, but based on an interview with Sophie Turner she is very likely being raped by a combination of Ramsay/Theon, as Farya was in the books. There is an interview where she mentions filming a rape scene in front of her parents who came to visit the set on that day.

That was the one where the Hound rescued her way back when.

Using Myranda instead of Sansa as Ramsay´s plaything would be a cheat, but i can good imagine D+D to do exactly that. They usually want to include nasty stuff from books, but are often soft to main characters (whitewashing of Tyrion and Cersei, raping of all woman in the Caster Keep expect Meera).

On other hand all those interviews suggest that Sansa will be a Ramsay´s victim:

- D+D said in latest EW interview that Sansa is Jayne replacement

- Sophie said she had a traumatic scene during which crewmembers cried

- Alfie said he is a witness of some very unpleasant things happening to someone (sound like the wedding night) and that Ramsey will have a new plaything (Myranda is not new)

- Roose actor said Boltons doing some ugly stuff to some lovely people (Myranda is not very lovely)

- Ramsay actor said he had a nasty scene he did not wanted to do (i bet doing some sexualy violent scene with Sophie would be more awkward for him then doing same with Charlotte Hope)

- Liam and Carice mentioned there is one very shocking scene which could be related to Sansa story (other option is Jon stabbing)

I think there is a good chance Sansa will be a victim of Ramsay, but it will be way softer then what happened to Jayne in the books, it may very well start and end during her wedding night, which will cause Reek to become Theon again and stop it before it goes too far. Than he and Sansa will escape. I think Myranda will live as long as Ramsay, they will go down together as Bonnie and Clyde (D+D like to pay homeage to classics).

Ramsay will not change, i think this plot could go one of two ways

1)same as book and Ramsay completely terrorises Sansa (it might be a stupid thing politically to do but he did the same to Farya in the books without reprecussion)

2) she plays him and manages to get him in her power

For the sake of plot, i hope it is the first, Ramsay is so crazy i dont think anyone should be able to control him, his own father cant and he idolizes him. I think it would slow down Sansa's character development which for me was far too instantaneous last season, she just completely changed personality in the space of an episode pretty much, though i still hope they keep something to show that she is still a smart person.

Think Theon plays a similar role as in the books by rescuing her, and maybe Brienne and Pod end up doing what Mance does, would make sense especially if LF is out of WF soon.

They've actually been laying the ground work for sansa's turn for seasons, since she first learned to play nice for Joffrey while taking obvious jabs at him. Re-watch some of the previous seasons after Ned died with an eye out for Sansa's evolution and you'll see that it's set up pretty nicely and while that was a big step in a single episode, it was a big step that was a long time coming.

I think this is going to be a dark season - but I don't think there will be Sansa rape or flaying or anything like that.

I think Ramsay is initially going to be smitten with Sansa and do something really nasty to jealous Myranda (like flaying her face) to try and impress Sansa. This will upset Sansa, as she will see it as her fault and try to get out of being married to Ramsay. At this stage Ramsay will turn on Sansa, possibly try to take her unmarried but Roose will not allow it, as Sansa is royalty. I think the Boltons will try and speed up the wedding then, for them both to get their way and then Sansa will escape/be recued by Theon.

I don't think the show will do a scene like the Reek getting Ramsay's bride lubricated one from the books because 1) I think it's a little too much for even GoTs and 2) I think that the show is trying to humanise Reek and Ramsay a little more than their book counterparts.

I have independently come up with much the same theory, unmester. So, in short, I completely agree with you! :D

So how does Theon fit into this when he says he's meeting other characters he hasn't interacted with before? We know from the leaked episode 7 synopsis that Asha is getting captured by Stannis. It's looking very similar to how it's going to play out in the books. I don't see a significant role she could play in amongst the war of the North. She might not get raped, it could be some type of other physical abusement.

You forgot about Brianne and Pod. Who probably will be infiltrating Winterfell by mid-season.

I think Myranda may try to kill/hurt Sansa, to show Ramsay who's the better match for him, and he'll end up killing her. Ramsay may torture Sansa too (I hope not!!), but she's gone through that with Joffery, so she'll know how to take it better than others might. I'm assuming he won't flay the Stark in WF, but abuse her in a way that isn't too obvious to others,

I think so too. Except, I think Ramsey will catch her and invite Sansa to join in the torture/hunt of Myranda and Sansa agrees!

That's exactly what's happening. LF is setting up the Boltons. He knows the north still favors the Starks and isn't keen on the Boltons' betrayal of them. So by putting Sansa in their hands, not only do they find that there is a living Stark heir, that heir will be seen by the northern lords as a hostage of sorts of the Boltons, and any mistreatment of her by Ramsay, which I fully believe will happen, will be the final straw that sets them to begin moving against the Boltons.

For LF, its a gamble. If Sansa survives it, she would rule the North and, he hopes, be a valuable ally to LF (and, at least in his mind, possibly one he can manipulate) in whatever his future plans are.

In which case, LF was lying when he told Ramsay he didn't know anything about him. So if LF's plan is give Sansa to Ramsay, knowing that Ramsay will eventually flip out and do something bad to her, and that in turn will turn the north against the Boltons, which will then somehow benefit LF....then I don't know to be even more impressed with LF or absolutely hate him that much more.

Archived