Margaery incrimination too easy?

I don't object to Loras's arrest, Marg's being imprisoned for perjury, and Tommen's impotence out of hand; I object to the fact that the scene was rather unimaginatively staged and somewhat stiff in the acting.

I don't object to Loras's arrest, Marg's being imprisoned for perjury, and Tommen's impotence out of hand; I object to the fact that the scene was rather unimaginatively staged and somewhat stiff in the acting.

Cersei was awefull imo. It felt that she wanted to show to margeary/olenna that she was against these , but also show that she somehow portrayed everything. But this came out so wrong that her acting of acting like she didn’t knew felt horrible imo.

Cersei was awefull imo. It felt that she wanted to show to margeary/olenna that she was against these , but also show that she somehow portrayed everything. But this came out so wrong that her acting of acting like she didn’t knew felt horrible imo.

Let's face it, the scene was rushed and it showed. But in a week or so we won't even be talking about it. Its purpose was to get the story where they need it to go, and rather faster than GRRM's laboured works. I doubt D&D were thrilled with it (contrary to some I think the odds of them actually being stupid and having got where they are by consistently fluking their way through life is unlikely) but we know what the payoff will be. We just have to accept that Perry Mason it was not and prep ourselves for what is about to go down in KL and who gets what.

The scene did happen too easily and too quickly and it was rushed through. Most vitally, where was the build-up over the seasons of the sparrows? Since season 1 there has been the background commotion of the peasantry and i do realize this was always an important part of the series. But this movement and the taking of power is too abrupt.

I have a hard time believeing that the Kingsgaurd just allowed them to take the Queen hostage...

But... they did the same to Cercei in the books, and she was acting Protector of the Realm at the time... the defacto ruler.

The Kings Guard answer to the King, not the Queen. When they started to move forward to protect her, he held up his hand to stop them.

What is the reason for ageing up Tommen and then just having him act the same ineffectual weak way that his 9-11 year old book self does? Just to have that post-coital scene with Margaery and that girl gossip, really?

What is the reason for ageing up Tommen and then just having him act the same ineffectual weak way that his 9-11 year old book self does? Just to have that post-coital scene with Margaery and that girl gossip, really?

I think it is worse than that. He was not only ineffective, he actively colaborated for Marg to be arrested. I mean, when the Kingsguard moved he raised his hand and stopped him. So he actually had agency and acted against Marg, as the outcome would be different if he just watched passively.

I think he felt betrayed by revelation of Margaery's true character.

It's the pacing. Marg was hauled off in the same scene as Loras. I thought we'd get a few episodes of Cersei and Marg being catty with each other but we only got one. Grant it, theyve been sniping each other for seasons now but things are progressing entirely too fast.

I think it is worse than that. He was not only ineffective, he actively colaborated for Marg to be arrested. I mean, when the Kingsguard moved he raised his hand and stopped him. So he actually had agency and acted against Marg, as the outcome would be different if he just watched passively.

They would have all been slaughtered if the swords came out. The sparrows outnumber them.

It's the pacing. Marg was hauled off in the same scene as Loras. I thought we'd get a few episodes of Cersei and Marg being catty with each other but we only got one. Grant it, theyve been sniping each other for seasons now but things are progressing entirely too fast.

Don't want to derail too much but most everything this season has felt that way, that it is moving too fast. This might be counter-intuitive but I think that actually might be one of the reasons the season seems slow. It's whipping by everything so quickly that we rarely get a chance to spend solid time with a character and get to know the situation and their feelings and motivations more deeply. I had originally agreed with the idea to put both books into one season and just streamline it (taking out fAegon etc - even though I hated to lose Arianne it made sense for streamlining) but now I'm not so sure. Everything feels way too rushed.

ETA: I think the scene with Stannis and Shireen is a good example of what they did well and which I wish happened more often. It is a deep scene that conveys so much even though it isn't all whizbang and full of action. People who have complained about the season being slow have all seemed to also love that scene. Even the dinner with Sansa and the Boltons was better than other scenes that felt so rushed like the inquest (or Jon's election).

No, they were in the Sept, not in their castle. They had only a few guards vs all the faith militia outside. It was unwise to start any sort of fights. So at the worst you could say he's a ball less coward who can't defend his wife. At best you can say he was realistic about their chances of getting out alive if they started fighting.

No, they were in the Sept, not in their castle. They had only a few guards vs all the faith militia outside. It was unwise to start any sort of fights. So at the worst you could say he's a ball less coward who can't defend his wife. At best you can say he was realistic about their chances of getting out alive if they started fighting.

ITA. Similar to how it went down in the books and one of the reasons Cersei ever even got arrested - she was in the sept where she had no physical power behind her.

The thing that really gutted me was to bring the Queen of Thorns back just for her to look stupid. She actually pointed to Cersei that the Tyrells could stop sending gold and troops to KL if Cersei would not release Loras, but then she actually changes her mind? Why the empty threat? They CAN'T stop the gold and troops? She believed Cersei has nothing to do with the arrest? She actually CARES for the city and was persuaded to not stop the flow of money to not let the people suffer even more with war? Why the show made her "lose" her conversation with Cersei?

And if the plot needs the Tyrells to be UNABLE to get off that situation by themselves, WHY bring Olenna back in this episode if they could EASILY have Mace goofing around, protesting without results and all that? But no, they decided to send him to Braavos just so Ser Meryn may die at Arya's hands. (as if she could just send Ser Meryn alone).

I agree.

As for why they arrested Loras instead of Marge - well apart from the butterfly effect of aging Marge up and such... My guess is that Loras is more dispensable (considering that they have made him quite dumb, and only about being gay, sadly, I'd agree), so in case only one of them gets executed or killed in TbC, it will be him.

I see your point, but then again: why add the birthmark in the first place? If the whole plot is moved by Olyvvar provoking Loras, the birthmark isn't at all necessary. I believe the intent of the show was to make the birthmark the definitive and brilliant proof of the "crime".

Because the birthmark scene was to set the tone for and forshadow the quality of the Dorne storyline?

Archived