Mr. Robot (spoilers).... 'cause I suck at this stuff

Martini Sigil

On 9/5/2016 at 1:25 PM, red snow said:

I agree but, again I think the showrunners aren't basing their show on what happens. I think they are just as happy at having interesting shots. Some of this season has reminded me a lot of Nicolas winding-refn where the director is more interested in the aesthetics than the story.

I'm still more of a plot/character person which is why this season is a tricky one to assess.

It does seem like a show that would happily "spin wheels" as long as their was an audience for it.

I think the show has improved as it has gone on this season, simply because its actually got a plot now. The first few episodes of S2 have been an absolute chore at times, the directors seem to be very happy with themselves that they've created something they consider to be cool and edgy (actually its a bit like a teenagers wet dream of what cool and edgy is, or maybe a 40 years idea of what a teenagers wetrdream of what cool and edgy is.. I dunno), and seem to be smugly in awe of their own ability to wrap the wool over our eyes and hide story elements from us, and creating long thoughtful shots that look nice. 

I wasn't wholly impressed, but now I've finished ep9 I'm very much looking forward to the finale, because it feels like something interesting is about to happen. I do think that you could have easily condensed much of this season into about 2-3 episodes, the plotting was minimal at times.

I've been enjoying the past few episodes of the season more than the first few as well. Mostly due to the plot advancing. In hindsight I appreciate the beginning of the season more after Elliot's reveal, but it was slow.

Price continues to shine and Dom's investigation in the middle of a seeming conspiracy is gripping. However, I have no idea why Darlene's boyfriend was chosen by the Dark Army. He doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Tyrell's fate is becoming more interesting as the season progresses. Was the address where the phone call originated from Joanna and Tyrell's home? Or maybe it was Spencer's?

I love how chaotic everything is this season.

ETA:  I meant Knowles, but thought his name was Spencer for some reason.

There were way too many cliffhangers for my liking.  I need to know answers now!!!!

Any chance the caller could be the husband of the woman Tyrell killed?  Did anyone have a chance to study Elliot's apartment to see what might have been the thing Mr. Robot wanted?

On 8 September 2016 at 9:20 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

Did anyone have a chance to study Elliot's apartment to see what might have been the thing Mr. Robot wanted?

It was a little heavy handed that part, for me. Hey, d'you wanna play along at home kids? Pause it and look for stuff! No thanks.

It was really well done, the whole last 10-15 minutes with the tension ratcheting up gradually. Although it kinda feels like there should be something more substantial at risk for such a scene......I ultimately don't particularly care about Darlene's boyfriend, and I struggled to care that much if the FBI caught him or not. And Angela and Elliot, again, a well done scene, but I didn't really feel invested in it particulary. I have the vague feeling I'm forgetting something or missing some crucial parts when I watch this show, I'm not sure if it's just the type of show that doesn't spoon feed it to you or whether I've not been fully engaged this season. It could do with a regroup, a checking point just to say right, this is the plan, these are the stakes. 

I'm still primarily interested in Elliot, Tyrell and Mr Robot. Can we call the scene between Joanna and Elliot confirmation that Elliot definitely isn't Tyrell? Hope so. 

On 9/8/2016 at 2:20 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

Did anyone have a chance to study Elliot's apartment to see what might have been the thing Mr. Robot wanted?

Hidden, just in case:

One of the producers hinted at the bottom right corner, and there are some letters there

I bet actual hard cash (not E Coins) that next episode is gonna open with Darlene's POV of her going to the restroom and narrowly missing the Dark Army shooter. Or I hope so, anyway. She's my fave. 

Also, am I the only one who thinks the two people that approached Angela at the end are Trenton and Mobley, as farfetched as it might be? 

The theory about Scott Knowles calling Joanna is quite popular, but I'm not feeling it. 

Hopefully everything comes together in the finale, though I expect several new cliffhangers. 

I'd take that bet. 

Spoiler

She's clearly there in the booth, and Cisco looks like he gets shot in the head.  I can't make out what happens to Darlene but the shooter does aim right at her.  Dom ducks, Cisco appears to get shot, and whatever happens to Darlene happens.

19 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I'd take that bet. 

Reveal hidden contents

She's clearly there in the booth, and Cisco looks like he gets shot in the head.  I can't make out what happens to Darlene but the shooter does aim right at her.  Dom ducks, Cisco appears to get shot, and whatever happens to Darlene happens.

Damn :(

I'd pay you, but with this hack and the crisis...

1 hour ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Hidden, just in case:

Hide contents

One of the producers hinted at the bottom right corner, and there are some letters there

I bet actual hard cash (not E Coins) that next episode is gonna open with Darlene's POV of her going to the restroom and narrowly missing the Dark Army shooter. Or I hope so, anyway. She's my fave. 

Also, am I the only one who thinks the two people that approached Angela at the end are Trenton and Mobley, as farfetched as it might be? 

The theory about Scott Knowles calling Joanna is quite popular, but I'm not feeling it. 

Hopefully everything comes together in the finale, though I expect several new cliffhangers. 

I'm pretty sure one was a black guy, and the other a woman with red or brown hair. Also, the preview shows her being in the backseat of a car that has a separator like in a police car.

On 08/09/2016 at 11:32 PM, Relic said:

that final sequence was fucking...wow. 

I kind of saw the shot coming given how they've handled scenes in the past but it was still a joy to watch.

On 08/09/2016 at 9:20 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

There were way too many cliffhangers for my liking.  I need to know answers now!!!!

Any chance the caller could be the husband of the woman Tyrell killed?  Did anyone have a chance to study Elliot's apartment to see what might have been the thing Mr. Robot wanted?

I'm not playing along with their games anymore as there's a chance they'll cheat. Probably something like he was using misdirection and it was actually the scene before or immediately after that had the clue.

A fairly good episode with moments of greatness. The scene where the FBI in charge seemed to be setting Cisco up for murder by Dark Army reminded me a little of the politics that were so great in "the wire". It's a shame they don't focus more on those things because as it was it felt like it barely scratched the surface.

Price happily owning his megalomania was fun.

3 hours ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Best part of the episode was Terry Colby, of all people, calling Trump a c*cksucker and saying he's got all sorts of dirt on him. And his book outselling Drumpf's was the cherry on top. 

Makes you wonder how they'd incorporate Trump into the story if he's president by the next season. Would that be a win for Fscocitey? Would Dark Army as a wing of china prefer it?

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Makes you wonder how they'd incorporate Trump into the story if he's president by the next season. Would that be a win for Fscocitey? Would Dark Army as a wing of china prefer it?

There's all sorts of directions they could go with Drumpf as prez. I don't know if the Dark Army/China would be happy with that with how anti-China Drumpf has been at least in his discourse. But Colby could maybe blackmail him into going with the Congo thing. Drumpf's already agreeing to the annexation of Crimea anyway, what's one more? 

Btw, I love how Obama and Boehner are actual characters in the show. Makes me wonder if Russia is gonna come into play next season. 

On 9/10/2016 at 3:11 PM, SpaceChampion said:

I'd take that bet. 

Hide contents

Yeah,me too. I watched that final scene twice and there are definitely two people at the table Dom is standing at. The Dark Army assassin also aims left to right when he sprays the window. However, the blood is on the side of Dom's face that would've faced Cisco.My guess/hope is Darlene got caught in the shoulder or face and not her head. Maybe Darlene even scampers off when Dom runs outside. #fanfic

Also, Angela again boggling my mind. Turning herself in? No way Mr. Robot lets that happen. Also, not the most awkward kiss ever on this show (Hi, Sis!) but definitely #2 on the list.

2 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Yeah,me too. I watched that final scene twice and there are definitely two people at the table Dom is standing at. The Dark Army assassin also aims left to right when he sprays the window. However, the blood is on the side of Dom's face that would've faced Cisco.My guess/hope is Darlene got caught in the shoulder or face and not her head. Maybe Darlene even scampers off when Dom runs outside. #fanfic

Also, Angela again boggling my mind. Turning herself in? No way Mr. Robot lets that happen. Also, not the most awkward kiss ever on this show (Hi, Sis!) but definitely #2 on the list.

I'd be surprised if Darlene is dead - not just because you'd have to be a bad shot to not hit someone when spraying them with machine-gun fire but because she seems a bigger character than that. I'd rather Cisco survives because he'd still be hunted. Worse case scenario is we'll have to wait a season before they confirm it either way and she can join limbo with Tyrell.

The Angela roller coaster continues. Mr Robot closing that loose end would make for good drama.

9 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I think the reason why Dom bolted out of the diner, even though she could clearly see that the cops were there and had taken the shooter down was because she is not worried about her prime suspect getting away. So Cisco was clearly shot, more than likely won't survive. But I think Darlene, which immediately became another suspect for Dom, was also shot. But I doubt she will die at this stage of the story.

I don't know.  Darlene had just come to the conclusion that she was basically useless throughout this whole thing.  She didn't really do anything, it was all Elliot.  Is there any further need for her?  Alive, at least?  I think chances of alive are more likely, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she were killed.  

3 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I don't know.  Darlene had just come to the conclusion that she was basically useless throughout this whole thing.  She didn't really do anything, it was all Elliot.  Is there any further need for her?  Alive, at least?  I think chances of alive are more likely, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she were killed.  

Yes, but she also killed that lady, thus discovering something else about herself. It would be cheap if she just goes down like this.

Archived