Mad Max contd: further along the Fury Road [spoilers]

Fez

Towards the climax when Cheedo pretends to give herself up to Rictus, I got that she wanted to get over there to help Toast in some way but I couldn't figure out in the chaos what she actually did. Anybody know?

She helped pull Furiosa up onto Joe's car because Furiosa was injured and couldn't quite get up herself.

That's one possibility of what I thought she'd do before she did it, but I spaced out actually seeing her actually do it. :-)

The staying power persists! Mad Max comes in at number 8 with 2.8 million while Avengers 2 is 9 at $2.7 million.

Obviously, Fury Road didn't get the huge opening boost that Age of Ultron had but the staying power to stick around this long has been really impressive.

It still has multiple showtimes at all of the theaters near me. Whereas San Andreas, a mindless PG-13 summer blockbuster, has been out of theaters for nearly two weeks now. I think I also read that Mad Max opened at number 2 in Japan over the weekend.

Ooooh - it's still in one of the main cinemas in Cardiff with 2-4 showings a day; and I go home tomorrow - so might try and watch it again soon but might not e able to as I'm gonna be moving out of my flat which is gonna be stressful enough.

It still has multiple showtimes at all of the theaters near me. Whereas San Andreas, a mindless PG-13 summer blockbuster, has been out of theaters for nearly two weeks now. I think I also read that Mad Max opened at number 2 in Japan over the weekend.

Ah. I don't have the article in front of me, but I think San Andreas was something like 4th nationally. Number one was Jurassic World of course.

Ah. I don't have the article in front of me, but I think San Andreas was something like 4th nationally. Number one was Jurassic World of course.

I wonder if it just failed completely in my area. I wanted to go watch a mindless movie today in order to get out of the heat and was really surprised San Andreas wasn't playing anywhere. Saw Jurassic World, which was still pretty mindless. Took a lot of self control not to see Mad Max for the 4th time. Not that Mad Max is mindless.

Is that Kusanagi?

Yes. :D

I may have gone to see this a third time in the cinema now that my brother's back from university. Don't think I've ever done that before.

Two times, plenty. Three times? Can't think of any film I've been that bothered by.

It's still epic third time round.

The only other film I've watched three times in the cinema was when I was 16 and watched Kick Ass 3 times and probably would have watched it more times but I had no money hahaha. I would definitely have seen Mad Max more if I wasn't in the middle of moving out of my flat and finishing Uni and taking a week off to go home. I really hope it stays in Cardiff a bit longer...because I definitely wanna watch it a third time.

We went again yesterday. Can't believe it's pretty much finished at cinemas in London now. This was probably the last week that we could catch it. Sadness.

I will say that it wasn't as intense an experience for me the second time round. It also felt longer, but not in a bad way. I was actually able to think about it while I was watching it rather than just feeling like it was rushing toward me at full pelt.

Archived