Fantasy Football 2015

Whiskeyjack

Only comment I'd make is that I think there's a lot of luck involved in Thunderdome.  Both on a team basis (one big injury can destroy your season) and on a week to week basis (because of the smaller lineups).  It's a challenge, but it doesn't require as much skill as an expanded roster league, in my opinion.  And I say that as somebody who has won Thunderdome once, and who has finished among the top 3 in 3/4 of the years I've played in that league. 

I agree, WJ.  There's some random chance involved in practically any league, of course, but due to it being 16 teams the margin for error/injuries is just that much thinner in Thunderdome.

So, Since there are people being rejected for the other open leagues, I have decided to open up a second league. It has all of the same settings and roster spots of Westeros Experts. I am calling it Westeros Open. If you would like inclusion, please respond either to this thread, or the one that I am opening about Westeros open. I will be finalizing the roster on 8/24 to give time for everyone to respond. 

I would like also to propose that if we do go by a point system to get into Experts, that this league be given the same points as Westeros C as per JJ Lannister's suggestion.

Can we please stop saying "rejected"? It was a first come first serve situation and people signed up before you. Now you're opening another league to accommodate those that didn't make it. I think that's the way it has always been so not sure why it's such a big deal today. I get why you're upset but you're acting like WJ actively said "fuck Howdy" and that's not the situation at all. Nothing has changed from how it's always been. The only real way WJ could change that is limit the number of leagues people are allowed to be in which I think might have happened in the past (only 2 leagues per person in main feeder) but it's a bit late for that now. "Westeros Open" is such a passive aggressive name.

As for feeders and points, don't really care. Points sounds fine but Howdy makes a legitimate point that people who sign up for more leagues have a higher chance to accumulate more points. But really, that's everyone's choice. I have nothing against people getting in because they did better in multiple leagues and I won a single one. 

Can we please stop saying "rejected"? It was a first come first serve situation and people signed up before you. Now you're opening another league to accommodate those that didn't make it. I think that's the way it has always been so not sure why it's such a big deal today. I get why you're upset but you're acting like WJ actively said "fuck Howdy" and that's not the situation at all. Nothing has changed from how it's always been. The only real way WJ could change that is limit the number of leagues people are allowed to be in which I think might have happened in the past (only 2 leagues per person in main feeder) but it's a bit late for that now. "Westeros Open" is such a passive aggressive name.

As for feeders and points, don't really care. Points sounds fine but Howdy makes a legitimate point that people who sign up for more leagues have a higher chance to accumulate more points. But really, that's everyone's choice. I have nothing against people getting in because they did better in multiple leagues and I won a single one. 

You are right Mexal, my tone is off here. My apologies to Whiskeyjack and others as I really do believe they are doing a good job in dealing with the leagues. 

You are right Mexal, my tone is off here. My apologies to Whiskeyjack and others as I really do believe they are doing a good job in dealing with the leagues. 

It's all good here.  :cheers:

Just want everyone to understand - nobody was rejected.  The leagues just filled up quickly.  But I'm glad you're opening up another one - it seems like there's a lot of demand.

I would like to see this idea elaborated on. I am not quite sure what you are meaning here. 

I guess, in a way, I'm wishing there was a way to have the leagues announced, then have people express interest in playing, then there being some sort of draw, draft of you will, placing players in leagues. Thus eliminating the first nine or ten people posting from getting all the spots in multiple leagues. One can still have multiple leagues, it's just more evenly spread out.

It's kinda a half formed idea. Not sure it's making sense.

As someone who barely has any spare time on her hands, keeping my spot in Experts has been left to the fantasy gods for the last two years. I really don't have a TON of time to put into joining every feeder league to keep my chances higher of keeping my spot. It really was a fluke that I won Thunderdome (the only other league I belonged to on the board) last season to keep my Experts spot.

If a points system is what everyone else wants, I'm fine with it. I agree with JJ that winning another league should allow you to automatically keep your Experts spot.

I guess, in a way, I'm wishing there was a way to have the leagues announced, then have people express interest in playing, then there being some sort of draw, draft of you will, placing players in leagues. Thus eliminating the first nine or ten people posting from getting all the spots in multiple leagues. One can still have multiple leagues, it's just more evenly spread out.

It's kinda a half formed idea. Not sure it's making sense.

If someone wants to organize that, go ahead. But that requires a lot of effort and requires someone to take the responsibility of taking down all the interest, making sure each of the leagues are filled with the right people and then sharing that with the commissioners of the leagues so they can make sure everyone is properly invited. It's a lot of effort for someone to do but it's as good a method as any. If you want to take on that responsibility, then go for it.

I think that there really isn't that much need to go crazy as far as feeders and the like is concerned. While there are more than 10 players interested in experts, there aren't that many more. Originally Experts was basically everyone who was fairly active except for Jaxom. With people moving on or not being able to play as much there's just not that much flow back and forth. So...don't go crazy with odd point rules and whatnot. 

I think that there really isn't that much need to go crazy as far as feeders and the like is concerned. While there are more than 10 players interested in experts, there aren't that many more. Originally Experts was basically everyone who was fairly active except for Jaxom. With people moving on or not being able to play as much there's just not that much flow back and forth. So...don't go crazy with odd point rules and whatnot. 

I would politely disagree.  I think there are at least fifteen interested and closer to 20.

I would politely disagree.  I think there are at least fifteen interested and closer to 20.

Yeah, I think it may even be more than that as Thunderdome is 16 teams, and there are people playing that don't play in it. 

I have had a good bit of response so far for Westeros Open.As it stands right now, there is certainly enough demand to fill the league. I am still waiting for everyone to respond, because people not playing in other leagues will have a preference. If requests keep pouring in at the rate they have, there just might be a second open league as well. 

I seriously doubt that there are 20 people on the boards that are willing to be active players in FF during a season. There are almost certainly 20 that would play - but they'll not answer trades for weeks, stop setting their lineups after week 4 and forget entirely about it next year. 

And in any case, 20 people is still not worth making things super complex. Especially when there's no money in it. 

Yahoo's draft format has completely changed. It is also somewhat confusing at times. I would highly advise people to experiment with it using the mock draft feature.

They've made it very difficult to log into existing leagues too.

So, it looks like Westeros Open is full with no need to start another league as there are some overlapping players.

Westeros Outlaw, My invite league does have a single opening though, so please let me know by pming me your email

Archived