Fargo Season 2: you betcha!

Baitac

Sadly, we have to say goodbye to Malvo and to our very own Board Member Salome Sand Witch, who also appeared (frequently in the previews) and also in an episode as one of the gossiping coworkers.

Now that she's not contractually bound, she'll join our discussion.

The new Fargo takes place in the late 70's. There won't be as much snow, but there'll be a return to the theme of families involved in and or affected by malfeasance. Oh geez, I can't wait.

Here's a linky link:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/08/fargo-season-2

Ideally i'd like to rewatch the movie then the season 1 episodes finishing just in time for the Oct. kickoff of season 2. I hope FX does some kind of marathon watchathon thingy like HBO does with Thrones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqY56HwJBIE

That would be a good idea. Not sure if they will as the two storylines aren't that well connected if at all.

I'm pretty damn psyched for this. Honestly, at first I didn't even pay any attention to last season's existence other than hearing that it was happening, despite Fargo being one of my favorite movies, as I just assumed it would be some weird spin-off that either aped the movie's style, or that the story or was just completely different.

Then it turned out to be kinda both, but it was awesome. One of the bigger TV surprises I can think of in recent memory. I'm kind of especially anxious about season two after feeling like this was a disappointing year in television for me personally. I mean, if you had told me a year ago that out of the three main shows I was hyped for -- True Detective, GoT, and Better Call Saul -- that the weird spin-off from Breaking Bad would be the only one to not just meet but actually exceed my expectations...I probably wouldn't have believed you. 

So yeah, hoping for S2 of this to be great.

ETA:

Actually I forgot, but Mad Men this year was huge for me and I adored the finale. Though in that case I can say that I was never truly concerned about the show, having faith that Weiner and the crew behind it would deliver. It didn't shock and awe, exactly, but that was nice. It felt like the ending I always wanted without knowing it, and afterwards seemed completely natural and totally satisfying. 

That would be a good idea. Not sure if they will as the two storylines aren't that well connected if at all.

No i'm pretty sure there is gonna be a link in that the plot will deal with the backstory incident Keith Carradine referred to a few times. Anyways i just will be content to be surprised with where they take it. They've got my confidence after what they put out last season.

• 2 months later...

Damn! This thread was decimated! Like what you did there Mark Anthony. I'm liking the theme of family. Indian Joe came to the Germans at a young age, and is sort of seen as family by one of the brothers and as a commodity by the other. I prefer these family groups to the more one on one concept from last year.

Why didn't Hanzee kill the other Kitchen brother when he had a chance? Didn't occur to him he would seek a revenge? Or just didn't care?

Was he maybe the only survivor? Left him alive to deliver the box, perhaps? Pretty stupid decision, imho. 

Was he maybe the only survivor? Left him alive to deliver the box, perhaps? Pretty stupid decision, imho. 

I think you're right about Hanzee leaving one alive to deliver Bulos head. I agree it was a stupid decision but as formidable as we know the Kitchen bros to be I doubt Hanzee has any qualms about leaving one foot soldier alive. 

Archived